Sign in to follow this  
paver1surf1

Cadet Worlds?

Great job by our two girls who made the most of their second chance and brought home Bronze medals today. Hopefully we bring in a record haul in the final three days of this tournament. And to the ones that didn't medal, congrats to making it to the World level, and hopefully they are able to build upon it.

Shocked that Spencer Lee didn't medal, would of Lost the Farm on that one. When U Look at how far ahead of everyone else in the US @ that Wt {FS} Shows how Far we have to go to :( I love watching Lee Wrestle FS

Shocked that Spencer Lee didn't medal, would of Lost the Farm on that one. When U Look at how far ahead of everyone else in the US @ that Wt {FS} Shows how Far we have to go to :( I love watching Lee Wrestle FS

You also have to realize he's on the younger end of FILA Cadets. He's going against some of the top 17 year olds in the world. That maturity and experiance fact on the world stage has to be a factor. He should have another crack or two at a Cadet level world medal

You also have to realize he's on the younger end of FILA Cadets. He's going against some of the top 17 year olds in the world. That maturity and experiance fact on the world stage has to be a factor. He should have another crack or two at a Cadet level world medal

Viewing those matches, he was right in them in terms of his offense. He was able to score on everybody. Very nice shots, if a little too predictable against the better guys.

But he gave up too many points on defense, obviously. I bet he learned a ton out there against some really dynamic opponents, particularly the Azerbaijani, who really choked in the gold medal match in my opinion.

I think it's a different story next time.

Great match for Pico. Had he not gotten that last crotch lift he'd have lost 6-6. Clutch!

That's debatable if he would of lost. There was still time on the clock and he would have had an opportunity to score. He finally got a crotch lift, he wasn't able to position himself for one on the first two (exactly the same) takedowns he gave up.

Great match for Pico. Had he not gotten that last crotch lift he'd have lost 6-6. Clutch!

Very impressive match by Pico. The Japanese wrestler tied it up 3 times. Very competitive, see-saw match. Pico kept his head in it, and pulled ahead with 5 seconds left. Plenty of opportunities there for Pico to choke or lose the match, but he didn't.

Understood. The Japanese wrestler was about to score again with the same TD he had already scored with twice. He was in deep and was about to convert the TD when Pico hit the crotch lift. Had Pico not converted like he was unable to the first two times it would have been 6-6. Sure Pico would have had 15 secs to score still but not likely.

Great job by Pico, but isn't he in the wrong international division. I thought kids old enough to vote were in the Junior Worlds division.

No. FILA Cadets runs a year old year older than USAW Cadets. Just as the international junior division includes college aged kids whereas our domestic juniors does not.

http://www.themat.com/forms/Weights.pdf