Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

penn state host pitt at bjc

^^I like duals in Rec Hall better than in BJC, in that BJC is just too big. I recall being at the Penn State/Iowa dual meet after BJC was open, and we were so far away from the mat the official couldn't even hear us yelling at him.

Similar thing at Maryland. When the Terps hold dual meets in their huge Comcast Center its just too big. Terp duals held in the auxilliary gym at Comcast Center imo are much more fan friendly. Front row in the auxilliary gym is a much better view than front from at Comcast.

I thought for sure that when Cael recently tweeted that the delay in getting the schedule posted was that he was having trouble getting a date set at BJC he was surely referring to hosting OSU. I am surprised that the one big BJC event is with Pitt. It sort of makes sense though since the two teams are both within driving distance and their rosters are full of PA guys. It will be packed.

I'd like to see the train host Penn again sometime soon. Maybe they're a little gun shy since the last time they hosted Penn they came out of the REC with a big LOSS. Penn Quakers took it too them Feb. 20, 2009 with Rollie Peterkin majoring Pataky, and Rick Rappo handing Molinaro a shut out loss 6-0. Even Caesar Grajalas took Bubba to OT that night!

I'd like to see the train host Penn again sometime soon. Maybe they're a little gun shy since the last time they hosted Penn they came out of the REC with a big LOSS. Penn Quakers took it too them Feb. 20, 2009 with Rollie Peterkin majoring Pataky, and Rick Rappo handing Molinaro a shut out loss 6-0. Even Caesar Grajalas took Bubba to OT that night!

Agree on a renewal of this series. There have been some really great duals over the last decade or so between the two teams. I'm not sure they'd be very competitive nowadays, but Penn has a couple wins over the years.

I thought for sure that when Cael recently tweeted that the delay in getting the schedule posted was that he was having trouble getting a date set at BJC he was surely referring to hosting OSU. I am surprised that the one big BJC event is with Pitt. It sort of makes sense though since the two teams are both within driving distance and their rosters are full of PA guys. It will be packed.

Worth noting is that that was Troy Sunderland's last dual as the head coach at Penn State.

Honest question and one I know many find confusing. What is the difference between Penn and Penn State? Is Penn/Philadelphia a satellite campus for Penn State, State College? If so, how many years before a student can transfer to the bigger school?

Thanks.

Penn Quakers is an ivy league school located in Philadelphia. Penn State is a state college located in State College PA located about 3 hours from Philadelphia. Other solid wrestling programs in the state are Drexel (Philadelphia), Lehigh (Bethlehem, PA), Bucknell (Lewisburg, PA), Franklin & Marshall, Clarion, Edinboro, Lock Haven, and Pitt. I'm sure I left off a few.

Wow thanks, I had no idea Penn was different from Penn State and is considered Ivy League. I'm assuming though that they're both part of the Pennsylvania public network of schools.

Penn is not part of the state public schools. Penn State is a state school. Penn is one of the finer Ivy League schools with their flagship program being their Wharton School of Business. It has a very good reputation and a lot of leading figures in the world are alumni from that school.

Wow thanks, I had no idea Penn was different from Penn State and is considered Ivy League. I'm assuming though that they're both part of the Pennsylvania public network of schools.

I could be mistaken here, but I think Buck is messin' with us? ;)

Buck - you should PM these questions to Rizzo, I think he can clear things up! :P :D

Penn Quakers is an ivy league school located in Philadelphia. Penn State is a state college located in State College PA located about 3 hours from Philadelphia. Other solid wrestling programs in the state are Drexel (Philadelphia), Lehigh (Bethlehem, PA), Bucknell (Lewisburg, PA), Franklin & Marshall, Clarion, Edinboro, Lock Haven, and Pitt. I'm sure I left off a few.

..how about Bloomsburg?

11 D1 schools in PA. Bloomsburg was the only one you missed!!

NOTE: Apologize...saw a post above that beat me to it...still, 11 of 78 D1 programs are in 1 state.

Thanks guys for clearing that up. I have a tremendous amount of respect for any Ivy League school competing in as tough a sport as Divison 1 wrestling. Hopefully the Sandusky scandal doesn't impact Rob Eiter's recruiting efforts.

Thanks guys for clearing that up. I have a tremendous amount of respect for any Ivy League school competing in as tough a sport as Divison 1 wrestling. Hopefully the Sandusky scandal doesn't impact Rob Eiter's recruiting efforts.

No more than it will affect your knowledge of the college landscape, lol...

Why even bring that up? It sure doesn't seem to impact Cael's.

What should impact Coach Eiter's recruiting is access to the ameneties the $1.2B self-funded construction projects Penn has had on-going.

The "varsity athletes only" weight room and fitness facilities at Weiss Pavilion are incredible. Penn's re-done wrestling room will be nice, too.

But nice trolling buck...