Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Cael/Brands on Twitter Today

Not quite sure how they would make this work, given that PSU has already released a schedule with 16 dates on it plus the Binghamton Open. Iowa seems to have a date to play with based on what's on their website.

Cael Sanderson ‏@caelsanderson 12:43pm

@TomBrandsHAWK there seems to be something BIG missing on our schedules this year...

Tom Brands ‏@TomBrandsHAWK

@caelsanderson yeah. I agree . Lets do something about it.

Cael Sanderson ‏@caelsanderson

@TomBrandsHAWK yes! let's figure it out. Rec Hall??

@TomBrandsHAWK warning stalling

@caelsanderson I'm thinking Carver Hawkeye Arena. Remember you owe us a 'two in a row'

@TomBrandsHAWK ok fair enough. can u guarantee we get the tiny locker room with pink walls?

@TomBrandsHAWK when?

@caelsanderson we can guarantee the pink locker room- and a sold out arena.

@caelsanderson I'm having a hard time keeping up with your tweet speed...

@TomBrandsHAWK u know this late this might be too much of a hassle, it was a fun to play with idea though. we'll see you guys at B1G tourney

@TomBrandsHAWK just kidding, we are in. let us know when and we'll be there!! #IowaVsPennState

@caelsanderson listen. Sometime in December. Around the 'good will toward men' holiday. Your calendar open?

Cael Sanderson ‏@caelsanderson 2:57pm

@TomBrandsHAWK schedule's tight but we'll make it work. Send a date and we'll lock it in.

Problem is, it's not exactly an easy fit within the schedules. By NCAA rules, the Iowa/Penn State dual would have to be either the day before or after another Iowa dual meet, as their schedule is full. The dates I was able to work out are as follows:

Wednesday, December 11, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Buffalo the day after, new trip for PSU)

Friday, December 13, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Buffalo the day before, new trip for PSU)

Saturday, February 8, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Michigan the day after, PSU is at Minnesota the day after)

Monday, February 10, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Michigan the day before, PSU is at Minnesota the day before)

Saturday, February 15, Rec Hall (Iowa is at Lehigh the day before, PSU hosts Oklahoma State the day after)

Also, it means Penn State would have to send all but six of their wrestlers to the Binghamton Open unattached.

I suspect there was some private talk regarding this scheduling issue prior to the tweet, and possibly a fair warning that it would be coming. There were recent videos of them playing basketball against each other.

Take it from me, a former basketball player: Tom Brands is officially nuts! :) To be able to wear a full sweatsuit while playing basketball is a feat that I've seen NO ONE be able to pull off, without going utterly mad from the heat!

I'm impressed.

Twitter (as is Facebook) is just so bizarre to me. Why you would essentially make your text messages/emails public information is beyond my comprehension.

you make the conversations that you want to be public, public. you keep the private messages, private. it is a great avenue to spread news. think about telling each person the same news or announcing it in front of everyone who is interested in listening.

It sounded like Mr. Brands was to play Iowa vs PA in BJC but couldn't tell exactly!!!

P.S. Not sure about the Unattached statement!!!

Problem is, it's not exactly an easy fit within the schedules. By NCAA rules, the Iowa/Penn State dual would have to be either the day before or after another Iowa dual meet, as their schedule is full. The dates I was able to work out are as follows:

Wednesday, December 11, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Buffalo the day after, new trip for PSU)

Friday, December 13, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Buffalo the day before, new trip for PSU)

Saturday, February 8, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Michigan the day after, PSU is at Minnesota the day after)

Monday, February 10, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Michigan the day before, PSU is at Minnesota the day before)

Saturday, February 15, Rec Hall (Iowa is at Lehigh the day before, PSU hosts Oklahoma State the day after)

Also, it means Penn State would have to send all but six of their wrestlers to the Binghamton Open unattached.

It sounded like Mr. Brands was to play Iowa vs PA in BJC but couldn't tell exactly!!!

Because an event counts as a team date if seven or more wrestlers participate attached.

I suspect there was some private talk regarding this scheduling issue prior to the tweet, and possibly a fair warning that it would be coming. There were recent videos of them playing basketball against each other.

Take it from me, a former basketball player: Tom Brands is officially nuts! :) To be able to wear a full sweatsuit while playing basketball is a feat that I've seen NO ONE be able to pull off, without going utterly mad from the heat!

I'm impressed.

We did it all the time, and that was back when we wore plastics as well .... I was a great break from the mats. HOWEVER, it was more like Rugby then BB ... :o

So if they wrestle as the "Mountain Boys" it won't count???

P.S. The PSU "Train"!!!

Because an event counts as a team date if seven or more wrestlers participate attached.

Friday, December 13, Carver-Hawkeye Arena (Iowa hosts Buffalo the day before, new trip for PSU).

If they meet in December then each team would be undefeated.

marketing scheme that they just scheduled this now now? or does everyone think there was a hang-up that was taken care of in the past week? if it was to create interest it worked because we are talking about it in early September, but they don't need any help selling tickets for this one.

Well, I get my PSU - Iowa match, but dadgum, it will be the Saturday right before Christmas. Not a cheap OR easy day to fly to Iowa. I want to attend the PSU-Iowa duel more than I do NCAA championships. I have attended neither. :geek: