Sign in to follow this  
armspin

2013 Sr World predictions

Would love to see the brackets first, then pick the final four (semi-finalists), champions, medalists, etc.

Unfortunately the brackets don't come out until weigh-ins are completed.

Having brackets out before a tournament is key to building hype for the tournament. You need brackets, and you need seeding. Those things create conversation in the build-up to the event.

THIS!!!!!

Wrestling must solve this problem. Wrestling needs more experienced promoters, marketers, sales people and advertising execs in leadership positions. I'm not saying turn it into the WWE, but there is clearly room for better promotion of the sport.

I think that part of the reason that the brackets are not announced in advance is concern about match fixing -- just a guess on my part. While that could be a reasonable concern, that is a potential issue in all professional sports. If wrestling wants to grow and thrive in the future, it needs to do the basics to develop a fan base.

There's nothing like a morning workout to get your day started! Start strong. Finish Strong! - this is what Mr Burroughs just posted on twitter. Maybe he's just one of those relentlessly positive people but it that doesn't sound like someone with a serious injury.\

I'm back to the Mohawk for the World Championships- also tweeted this. I'm assuming he will be wrestling at the world championships. Yazdani, however, is not listed on the entrance form (Mirzae is.

55: yang

60: khinchegashvili

66: teghavi

74: burroughs

84: marsagishvili

96: gazumov

120: gatsalov

ten years after the last title that russia didnt win, georgia unseats them.

yang pinned israpilov so I am taking the pass at 55kg. teghavi looked uninspired after the Metcalf match. with yazdani in the bracket I would have picked him. at least gazumov made the final.

marsagishvili gassed hard against lashgari after controlling the first part of the match. gatsalov won, and i learned my lesson picking against russia at 60kg... kudukhov or not.

burroughs was an easy pick that everyone made.

russia performed better than i thought they would, but still got beat. georgia finished 3rd with 29 after not getting in the medals at 60or 84 where they had medal expectations. iran had a great tournament and capitalized on good draws at 55 and 74. iran grinded people out of matches and looked like they believed they should win even when trailing big. what a performance.