Sign in to follow this  
RetiredPoster

IMO..Daniel Igali was the key

They put on an amazing presentation. Everyone was rather eloquent and wrestling looked surprisingly innovative with their visuals. I'd have to say, for any of the voters who were swayed this morning, it was Daniel Igali and Carol Hunyh who gave the push. Their perspectives were touching, and were necessary components of showing how wrestling can touch everyone. Those two seemed the most enthusiastic.

They put on an amazing presentation. Everyone was rather eloquent and wrestling looked surprisingly innovative with their visuals. I'd have to say, for any of the voters who were swayed this morning, it was Daniel Igali and Carol Hunyh who gave the push. Their perspectives were touching, and were necessary components of showing how wrestling can touch everyone. Those two seemed the most enthusiastic.

did you watch all 3 presentations? the personal element of the wrestling speakers was the strong point of the wrestling presentation. the visuals were awful compared to the squash presentation.

I thought the critical moment in the process was during the Q&A, when a couple of the voting members actually said they were shocked that wrestling was up for exclusion from the Olympics BEFORE they went on to ask reasonably unrelated questions in relationship to their shock. Those were loud statements to the other voting members and the entire process that nearly led to wrestling's removal.

did you watch all 3 presentations? the personal element of the wrestling speakers was the strong point of the wrestling presentation. the visuals were awful compared to the squash presentation.

I did not, but I was assuming that Squash at least did really well, going back to the Squash 2020 video we had all seen these past few months.. but given what we're accustomed to with FILA in regards to technical things, I'd like to say they did better than I thought they would. Of course, we have room for improvement.

I did not, but I was assuming that Squash at least did really well, going back to the Squash 2020 video we had all seen these past few months.. but given what we're accustomed to with FILA in regards to technical things, I'd like to say they did better than I thought they would. Of course, we have room for improvement.

they spent a lot of money on outside firms to help their cause. the firms didn't do well imo.