Sign in to follow this  
scribe

Corruption : How does FILA combat this?

I didn't think they answered it well either.

IMO total transparency is needed. The wrestling world is so mistrustful of FILA now that people call conspiracy even where none exist (ie every match with a controversial call). I would like to see minutes from every FILA meeting made public and readily available. I would like to see a detailed explanation given by FILA of every decision and rule change they make; as well (Stan to his credit has done some of this, but much more needs to be done). I would like to see rules videos, with common scenarios, readily available for officials and fans, and have a high-level FILA official comment when controversial calls are made. I would like to see allegations of match-fixing and such promptly and aggressively investigated. Finally, the friggin' rule tweaking needs to stop- honestly, I feel for the poor referees.

I guess my biggest question would be, how much power does FILA have, when compared to some of the more powerful wrestling federations? Could they effectively discipline a guy like Mamishvilli? If not, that is a problem as well.

To answer the title of this post:

Hire Adam Tirapelle. Make him the chairperson of FILA's Rules Committee.

And I'm not being a wise-guy. IMO, he'll get rid of all the subjectivity and confusion making the sport top-notch.

(Having said that, I want to pay respect to Stan for coming on these boards and defending his positions. Stan, many of us didn't agree with you, but we respect that you didn't hide under your desk throughout this backlash.)

Clean house. Many good intentioned and honest people may get sacrificed in the process and that is unfortunate. The Lelovic should systematically weed out and start over. He should institute term limits while he is at it.

I like the post about A.Tirapelle

I think one of the more effective ways to fight it is a 'sting' program, where officials/athletes are occasionally subjected to bribe cash offers from an undercover police authority. And/or, rewards offered to officials that provide credible evidence they were offered money (this seems less realistic as the people that are involved in these schemes are obviously dangerous).

Clean house. Many good intentioned and honest people may get sacrificed in the process and that is unfortunate. The Lelovic should systematically weed out and start over. He should institute term limits while he is at it.

I like the post about A.Tirapelle

Russia reads my posts! http://en.ria.ru/sports/20130913/183415 ... urge-.html

Flying-Tiger - This also proves my thoughts on the 74kg thread! The competition is reading themat forum!