Sign in to follow this  
oldrules

why are we celebrating?

I am not doing either. I am irritated that wrestling is a pawn in the ioc's political games. Is there any plan at all for fila to hold full weight class world championships or are they also going to be reduced to 6 weights?

We are celebrating because we at least somewhat corrected what the previous FILA leadership had royally @#$%^& up. Wrestling was not in a position to do anything except beg for forgiveness for what the king of clowns (Martinetti) did to the sport.

I've said previously that I would love to see FILA go back to somewhere in the 8-10 weight class range for World Championships and continue to improve the scoring, excitement and fan friendliness and put the sport into the position of being able to ask for more for the Olympics. Now with previous years world championships being used for qualification purposes I'm not really sure how that would work.

I am irritated that wrestling is a pawn in the ioc's political games. Is there any plan at all for fila to hold full weight class world championships or are they also going to be reduced to 6 weights?

I don't think the IOC is conspiring to destroy wrestling. The IOC wanted FILA to clean house, and they accomplished their immediate goal.