Sign in to follow this  
iSean

two-piece singlets?

How about NO top? Like so many h.s. (and college) wrestlers did back in the day.......

1954-55 Madison Wilson H.S. team

Though I guess that might cause some politically-correct parents to complain and try to shut down the entire program. :roll:

As far as 2-piece uniforms, if you do a search for "grappling" using for example Google's image search, you'll see a lot of grapplers/martial art participants wearing them. I think they're a good idea but the shirts need to be *tight* - too many of the ones I have seen are more like regular t-shirts with a little bit of stretch lycra in them and they end up just kind of hanging on a person rather than sticking to their body.

LAW wrote:"But I would

be willing to have leg short that is similar to the jammer that the USA swimmers

wear. â€

Talking about the detector, i was thinking of the wi-fi jammer ,this is really the good device to use,you can get more details at detectorall.com

What the f? A bot bumped a 2 1/2 year old thread.

To this topic, when people say the singlet is a negative for potential wrestlers, is it because of the tightest of them, the cut, short length of the legs part? All three? Those 3 and more?

I recently watched the Big 10 & SEC indoor track & field championships, and many of the male competitors wore singlet and doublets. Although most of the singlets went further down the leg than wrestling singlets and the side cut wasn't as deep either.

Anyone thing those design differences would change the perception of the wrestling singlet? I think the leg length might be an issue, I remember watching a segment on the B1G channel of a basketball team (I think it was Purdue, maybe Indiana) whose coach & athletic dept staff were telling them they were going to wear throwback uniforms for a game, the old short shorts. Some of the players were saying they weren't going to play, I thought a couple might have actually cried if they had to put those shorts on. It was just a prank though.

One would think with the amount of tight fitting gear sold, underarmour shirts for example, the tightness issue would be getting irrelevant.

I think the effect of allowing a two-piece uniform on enrollment in our sport is vastly over-stated. People don't participate in a sport for the uniform!

Besides you can wear whatever you want to practice. Uniform -and headgear- is required only in competition.