Sign in to follow this  
DF

Calm down

It baffles me how excited wrestlers get when they win a state title or NCAA title. Running around the mat, the ever-so-cliche jumping into their coaches arms, and this new pretentious fad of climbing up into the bleachers to hug their family and friends.

Calm down.

What you accomplished is great and all, but realize it's insignificant in the big scheme of things. By the next state/NCAA tourney you will be replaced by a new champ and all but forgotten. Don't believe me? Quick, who was the champ in that weight class in 1991? That's what I thought. Unless you're one of those guys who memorizes past brackets you wouldn't know unless you looked it up.

Control yourself. Like the guy who defeated Abas in the olympic finals. Cool as could be. He wins the olympic gold to become the best wrestler in the entire world and is stoic like he just got done with a practice match. While you're running around like a maniac after winning a state title.

Calm down.

Wow.

A state title may or may not be the end all for those who achieve it, but a NCAA title is much harder to achieve.

Going a step farther, an Olympic gold is even more revered. Let them celebrate as much as the athletes who win in a team environment where celebrating is the norm.

What I really dislike is in every level of football, where a catch is made, or a tackle made for example, when they do a dance and act like they just reinvented what greatness is. The team should be penalized for excessive celebration. I also dislike the " first down" signal the player makes after making a catch or running for a first down.

cya

Wow.

A state title may or may not be the end all for those who achieve it, but a NCAA title is much harder to achieve.

Going a step farther, an Olympic gold is even more revered. Let them celebrate as much as the athletes who win in a team environment where celebrating is the norm.

What I really dislike is in every level of football, where a catch is made, or a tackle made for example, when they do a dance and act like they just reinvented what greatness is. The team should be penalized for excessive celebration. I also dislike the " first down" signal the player makes after making a catch or running for a first down.

cya

Rarely, and I mean rarely will you see a wrestler celebrate anything before the match is finalized. Taylor clapped his hands when he took Dake down at the NCAA's this year, and that wasn't as much celebration as it was just pumping himself up.

It would be rather comical though if wrestling had more breaks throughout the match and guys would celebrate like they just won the lottery when down 14-0 and getting an escape to make it 14-1. After all football does it all the time. It'll be 4th quarter the team will be down 3-40, score a touch town and jump around like they're doing the lambada.

It baffles me how excited wrestlers get when they win a state title or NCAA title. Running around the mat, the ever-so-cliche jumping into their coaches arms, and this new pretentious fad of climbing up into the bleachers to hug their family and friends.

Calm down.

What you accomplished is great and all, but realize it's insignificant in the big scheme of things. By the next state/NCAA tourney you will be replaced by a new champ and all but forgotten. Don't believe me? Quick, who was the champ in that weight class in 1991? That's what I thought. Unless you're one of those guys who memorizes past brackets you wouldn't know unless you looked it up.

Control yourself. Like the guy who defeated Abas in the olympic finals. Cool as could be. He wins the olympic gold to become the best wrestler in the entire world and is stoic like he just got done with a practice match. While you're running around like a maniac after winning a state title.

Calm down.

-----

Winning an ncaa title is no big deal?.... DF, didn't you sometimes wear your State Championship medal around your neck years after winning it?

DF, didn't you sometimes wear your State Championship medal around your neck years after winning it?

This has nothing to do with whether I did or didn't wear my state championship medal everywhere until it was revoked by the athletic commission for what they deemed "a mountain of evidence for victory through fraud, coercion, and indeterminate sample A and B tests for performance enhancing substances." Let's stay on topic please.

DF, you make these forums fun... way back when it used to be amazing when we had the off topic section. But this is the best we can do these days is watch mindless people who are new to the forums respond to your post unaware of your intentions.

Bravo, my friend, Bravo.

Wow.

cya

Rarely, and I mean rarely will you see a wrestler celebrate anything before the match is finalized. Taylor clapped his hands when he took Dake down at the NCAA's this year, and that wasn't as much celebration as it was just pumping himself up.

It would be rather comical though if wrestling had more breaks throughout the match and guys would celebrate like they just won the lottery when down 14-0 and getting an escape to make it 14-1. After all football does it all the time. It'll be 4th quarter the team will be down 3-40, score a touch town and jump around like they're doing the lambada.

Caldwell celebrated before he won his match. That's why Metcalf was just "wrestling to the whistle," even though it was several seconds after MULTIPLE whistles. ;)

and this new pretentious fad of climbing up into the bleachers to hug their family and friends.

- I couldn't agree more that this has become very tiresome. You also see it in tennis. Enough, we get it you're very happy and your family loves you and you love them.

I couldn't agree more that this has become very tiresome. You also see it in tennis. Enough, we get it you're very happy and your family loves you and you love them.

It's so phony. Hey everybody I just won a wrestling tournament so now watch me climb up into the stands and make a spectacle of it because...well because somebody else did it and I want to do it too.

Just get up on the podium, accept your medal, shake the other wrestlers' hands, get off the podium, go home and toss your medal into a drawer to be forgotten...like a real man.