Sign in to follow this  
redblades

74 KG

Oh gosh, just too bad if this is true.

You know, there were a few other posters talking something similar but indirectly on a different thread a few days ago.

JB is one of my favorite athletes in all of sports!

Get well JB, if this is all true.

I'm not liking this speculation in recent days. I hope it's all nothing and Burroughs is 100% But...and I want to stress this that I am not looking to start anything by the comment I am about to make, but all these speculation threads have only been started by the Cornell faithful. It almost seems like Dake's biggest fans are posting this stuff in the hopes of something happening so Dake can get a shot at world's this year. It's a lot like the rumors last summer about Frayer getting hurt training a week or two before the Olympics and posts were made mentioning that Metcalf would be competing at 66kg. Metcalf was a training partner which was why he was there just like Dake is a training partner and that's why he was there. It's not always the #2 that goes as a training partner for these events. Now again I hope Burroughs is 100% and from looking at his twitter and Dake's twitter, there is nothing on either that would lead me to think that anyone but Burroughs was competing at 74kg for the US.

For those who somehow seem offended that I posted the link at the top of the thread:

First, I wish to clarify that I am a big fan of Jordan Burroughs, and wish him all of the best. Nothing would make me happier than seeing him at 100% health and competing next week.

But injuries do happen, and substitutions sometimes are made. As a fan of the sport, I am interested in knowing if this is the case. I don't find anything unseemly in showing interest in who will be representing the US at the world games. If the star quarterback of a football team is said to have been injured in practice, no one seems to think there is anything wrong with discussing whether the #1 guy will be ready, or whether the #2 guy may have to go. I see this situation much he same way.

I wish Jordan Burroughs all the best, and hope he is able to compete next week; but if not, I will certainly be cheering, with no apologies, for whoever wrestles in his stead.

Ah yes... the TrollPipe strikes again.

For those who do not frequent the WR boards - Yes, AB has had a long running feud with certain Lehigh posters. As in any long running feud, it takes two to tango. I don't understand, though, why lu_alum chooses to interject that point into this particular discussion. Trolling, maybe? :P

In general, I find AB to be an extremely well informed poster, and particularly concerning wrestling "Back East".

On we go? ;)

You can't rely on social media for this one boys. USA doesn't want the competition looking at video of Dake so both are under strict orders to act like nothing is wrong. Do I know this for a fact; of course not, but there are multiple posters who I would consider credible saying Burroughs is out and that's enough confirmation for me. Heck, AB alone usually has more inside info on the college scene then anyone.

You can't rely on social media for this one boys. USA doesn't want the competition looking at video of Dake so both are under strict orders to act like nothing is wrong. Do I know this for a fact; of course not, but there are multiple poster who I would consider credible that are saying Burroughs is out and that's enough confirmation for me. Heck, AB usually has more inside info on the college scene then anyone.

If USA wrestling does not want the competition to know, then why are you telling ? Kind of like treason in sports. Sharing secrets with the enemy kind of thing. I would love to know too and have made inquiries but if USA wrestling wanted to keep the situation secret then I would respect that. Lets give our guys every advantage we can.

Zeke has had things taken down here before. Anyone recall the simmons spladle video that was repeatedly removed a few ago?

I can understand. An element of surprise can win a match or two at Worlds. Although, it is completely inexcusable for other countries to not have a full scouting report on other nation's depth rosters.

You can't rely on social media for this one boys. USA doesn't want the competition looking at video of Dake so both are under strict orders to act like nothing is wrong. Do I know this for a fact; of course not, but there are multiple poster who I would consider credible that are saying Burroughs is out and that's enough confirmation for me. Heck, AB usually has more inside info on the college scene then anyone.

If USA wrestling does not want the competition to know, then why are you telling ? Kind of like treason in sports. Sharing secrets with the enemy kind of thing. I would love to know too and have made inquiries but if USA wrestling wanted to keep the situation secret then I would respect that. Lets give our guys every advantage we can.

Are you actually trying to say that my post will lead to the best wrestlers in the world and their coaching staffs watching Dake videos? Come on, I mean I know I am a great poster, but that's a little far fetched, no?.........besides, redblades is the guy to blame here ;)

FT, doubtful but certainly possible. This is high stakes stuff, especially when world and Olympic champs are set for life in some countries. That is why bribes are made. You don't think that it's possible that they would scout every medium possible for info? These are all the best in the world and very evenly matched so every advantage you can get matters.

If USA wrestling does not want he info put out then why not keep it to yourself. Do you know better than Zeke and USA wrestling? Don't you think someone on staff has themat forum login and would have posted if they wanted to inform fans?

Loose lips sink ships

i guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.

the post is very odd. if JB's ankle is hurt and it's a big state secret, why would "sources tell WR.com staff"? does WR.com staff have sources that hate USA Wrestling? and if the post is erroneous, and it either is or it isn't, not much room for grey area, then WR.com just blew up any credibility it had.

anyway, we'll find out no later than Tuesday at weigh ins. or if anyone gets a video of JB before hand.

Seems pretty straightforward to me, honestly. If JB is injured, you don't want opponents knowing the nature of the injury. So he goes to worlds and Dake goes to in case JB can't go. This seems lke by far the most likely scenario. I would imagine the decision on who wrestles will depend on how capable JB is at the last possible second.

If this is a disinformation campaign, it's pretty far reaching. At 12:18 last night, after injury rumors surfaced, Burrough's fiance tweeted the following, which I only saw because Burroughs himself retweeted it:

Lauren Mariacher ‏@Lolo_Nicole

Strong body, sound mind. Can't wait to see my @alliseeisgold do work out on the mat this week! Budapest bound ✈

Possibilities:

1. He's fine

2. He's not wrestling but hasn't told his fiance

3. He's not wrestling, told his fiance, and she is now purposely lying to throw the Russians off the scent

4. He hurt himself and is still planning to compete, though that could certainly change