Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

Did Burroughs break his ankle or not?!

I might be in the minority here, but I wouldn't be that bummed out if burroughs misses worlds this year. for historical perspective I hate to see him miss it. however, I am just as interested in seeing how dake stacks up. I wish for everyone to be healthy, but the new story line is very interesting to me if dake competes.

Where did this rumor/information begin? I hope it is not true love everything about Burroughs competing.

It started last sunday when it was posted on the other board and then posted here. It was then removed sometime that afternoon.

I have no insight on the situation. But here is what Dake tweeted or retweeted recently:

Kyle Dake ‏@kyledake444 17h

Off to Budapest!

Kyle Dake ‏@kyledake444 4h

Got a couple good sauna go's in here in Budapest,

Coach ‏@SemWrestling 3h

@kyledake444 luck is where preparation and opportunity meet

How can you be happy for Burroughs not to go and for Dake to take his place? That is just weird to me...I would rather send our head and shoulders above everyone/best opportunity for a gold, rather than be bored to death in a snoozefest watching someone not medal.

Seems thing are still up in the air..

I really want to see Burroughs wrestle, he'll just add to his legend if he pulls out a world title injured. That said, I think Dake would do just fine. The top guys here- Khubetzty, Hatos, Aliyev, and so on, are great wrestlers but they are all very beatable.

I have no insight on the situation. But here is what Dake tweeted or retweeted recently:

Kyle Dake ‏@kyledake444 17h

Off to Budapest!

Kyle Dake ‏@kyledake444 4h

Got a couple good sauna go's in here in Budapest,

Coach ‏@SemWrestling 3h

@kyledake444 luck is where preparation and opportunity meet

you dont do sauna goes for fun..... i would guess its a gametime decision.

Saunas have been around a lot longer than weight cutting etc.. Many people sauna for the therapeutic benefits... ie: see Gable and sauna..... I do not know Dake's motivation for being in the sauna, I am just saying sauna gos do not necessarily mean he is competing in the tournament.

Has Dake even been wrestling?

If Zeke Jones has to make an unfortunate decision, I'd think David Taylor would get the nod. He's been actively wrestling and practicing at the OTC.

I'd bet all three (JB, KD, and DT) are over there in Budapest now, reading this stuff and having a good laugh at all of us! :roll:

Saunas have been around a lot longer than weight cutting etc.. Many people sauna for the therapeutic benefits... ie: see Gable and sauna..... I do not know Dake's motivation for being in the sauna, I am just saying sauna gos do not necessarily mean he is competing in the tournament.

the tone of the tweet didnt project that it was being used for therapeutic reasons. it is too far out to be cutting water off, but a lot of guys like to take it out and put if back in a few times as they get close to weigh-ins. if i had to guess i would say there is some fire with all the smoke, but its probably something burroughs thinks he can compete with.