Sign in to follow this  
sockobuw

FILA preview

it isn't the most in depth preview that they could have done, but this is the first time I have ever seen a preview sent out by FILA. they did a great job highlighting past champions and medalist as well as results between the former medalists at competitions this year. breaking down matches between past medalists at past world championships would have been the icing on the cake. finding placements from past championships is easy if you have basic knowledge of the internet. however, finding brackets is not as easy. had everyone been competing at 66kg there would have been a ton of past medalists. they have almost all traded wins in the past. it would be pretty neat to show who taghavi lost to in the year between his world titles and mention his loss at the Olympics last year.

I am applauding, but it could have been a little more in depth.

http://www.themat.com/section.php?secti ... leID=26981

taghavi lost to Garzon at worlds and Lopez at the Olympics. He also as 2 lossesto Yonemitsu, lost to Gogaev, and at least once domestically the past few years. Kumar is also wrestling st this year's championships I would view him and Lopez at serious title threats.

I appreciate the answers, but it was my example. 96kg is the same way with tons of guys beating each other. clueing in more than the hard core fans to the rivalries within the weight class is important to growing interest. when two guys walk out on the mat and you know that they have both medaled recently and have maybe traded matches you get invested into the match. if I know it is a guy from india and japan I might not care.

taghavi lost to Garzon at worlds and Lopez at the Olympics. He also as 2 lossesto Yonemitsu, lost to Gogaev, and at least once domestically the past few years. Kumar is also wrestling st this year's championships I would view him and Lopez at serious title threats.

Yeah, Sushil Kumar is great. Glad he's back in.

I want to see him vs Metcalf somewhere in the brackets.

Can't wait for the tourney.