Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Gavin

That's just Keith's personality. He's a humble, down to earth dude. He knows his athletic limitations & makes up for it with hard work & technique. He's a student of the sport and IMO the best pure technician on the team. I think he can do well. The only problem I see is that he can be a slow starter and somewhat defensive. If he can pick up the pace from the whistle and score first I see big things for him. All those guys are beatable.

Gavin video

http://vimeo.com/74422885

Not to be negative, but he seems to have a bunch of self doubt. He has the talent, otherwise he would not have made the world team. Thoughts?

Jeff, thanks for sharing that video. What a great young man. Mature beyond his ears. I think he can surprise. I sure hope so. 8-)

I always thought Gavin looked a bit small for 84 kg and that's why had trouble with some of the top internatiuonal guys. I agree with q_s that everyone at this weight is pretty beatable though. Foster, Gavin's #2, just beat up on Mashgarvilli a while back, and didn't Gavin tech Sokhiev a couple of years ago?