Sign in to follow this  
DF

State Champ/Finalist Thread (Non-Champs/Finalists Keep Out)

Looks like the original poster lives in the past. Sounds to me that his life evolves around him talking about his big match. It's both funny and sad.

Sounds like somebody's mad they couldn't win a state championship.

3rd place in a real state doesn't cut it? And where were you a state champ? Just wondering.

Looks like the original poster lives in the past. Sounds to me that his life evolves around him talking about his big match. It's both funny and sad.

Sounds like somebody's mad they couldn't win a state championship.

Hey Dumb _uck, bet you have the press clippings of every match you wrestled. What bar do you hang out at every night talking about The Match?

as a three time finalist and champ....... I have MUCH respect for those 3rd placers....and I beat the only returning champ....and the 3rd and 4th placers. Also,at the point of winning states, I didn't know much. A LOT like DF :lol: 10 years later I began to think I was beginning to "get it"

I have MUCH respect for those 3rd placers

Never post here again.

Yup. You are the man. The State Champ (sure you are). If so, when and where?

Most likely the only place you were a state champ was in a state mental ward.

Once again showing how insecure you really are.

The most insecure "state champ" ever.

In Mongolia, we have two first place matches at the state tournament. There is a double gold, double silver, but only one bronze (double bronze would be stupid). I was a finalist there, may I be permitted to continue posting?

Not sure who you are speaking to, but I hang at The Sports Joint in Little Rock. I don't talk about my 19-18 state title match very often, but they do have a picture of me up on the wall. I am right next to Felix Jones.

I was the runner-up who lost to Tightwaist, 19-18, in the finals...(see full match details on page 1)

I have a buddy who didn't place in state in Michigan. He didn't start wrestling until the 9th grade and his high school never wrestled. However, he went to college and became an NAIA champ. One of the guys who beat him in high school (there were 10 of them) told us about the list he had. He said he got everyone of us. Then he went on to become an Olympic alternate.

Some guys career stop at being a state champ, others high school was only the start of their careers. One of my mentors Stan Abel wrestled on the varsity for 2 years in high school, finishing 3rd his senior year (he started wrestling as a sophomore). Of course he became a 3-time AA and 2-time champ and is in the NWHOF. Neither of my friends could be in this conversation, nor could I since none of us were state champs. DF's career peaked in high school, not as bad as a coach I knew in AZ whose career peaked in junior high.

DF's probably did. Mine didn't of course I was the youngest in my class turning 17 in December of my senior year. Physically at 20 I hit my peak. Wrestling skill wise it was in my late 20s while still having most of my physical skills (except for the right arm).

DF, I think you're slipping...why even allow runner ups in this discussion. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Is it because your "buddy" was runner up at the Olympics? Either way, I've lost a little respect for your oversight, you're a damn champion...act like it!

DF, I think you're slipping...why even allow runner ups in this discussion. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Is it because your "buddy" was runner up at the Olympics? Either way, I've lost a little respect for your oversight, you're a damn champion...act like it!

No, you are asking the wrong question....it should be "why even allow champions into this discussion?" The anti-heroic act is to be runner-up, to self pin, to fashion a stalling disqualification, or to gas out like I did against Tightwaist, 19-18, in the Arkansas State Finals. I'm pretty sure if DF had it all to do over again, he would have taken the silver. Having seen his mistake, he fed the state athletic commission evidence so that they revoked his title. DF is actually not a state champion anymore.