Sign in to follow this  
DF

State Champ/Finalist Thread (Non-Champs/Finalists Keep Out)

DF's probably did. Mine didn't of course I was the youngest in my class turning 17 in December of my senior year. Physically at 20 I hit my peak. Wrestling skill wise it was in my late 20s while still having most of my physical skills (except for the right arm).

So you had better accolades post highschool or in highschool as a competitor?

All I wanted was a thread for us state champs/finalists, and what happens? Ever rag tag, riff raff, 3rd placer and even worse, 3rd placer wannabe, asks if they can join us.

No you can't.

It's like going out with a group of friends and there's always "that" guy who shows up. Uninvited and unwanted, "that" guy somehow manages to tag along. This is usually the same guy who "forgets" his wallet at home and then shamelessly asks everyone to spot him "just this one time."

That's who you are Mr. 3rd place...you're the wrestling version of "that" guy. The guy who thinks he's part of the club because he wrestled back for 3rd place and gets to stand on the same podium as the Champion/Runner-up.

Go hang out with your own buddies...the Mr. 4th, 5th, 6th, etc placers. Go congratulate yourselves on wrestling through the consolation bracket and come up with convoluted, ridiculous theories on how that's just as difficult as winning the tournament.

I don't believe Dumb F is actually a state champ. If so, from Where and When? Until we hear otherwise we can just assume he is lying.

So Dumb F. Put up or....

He posted the story of how he won the state title by self slam a couple years ago. I think this thread is a great idea, but it evokes so much hate that it is impossible to implement.

I don't believe Dumb F is actually a state champ. If so, from Where and When? Until we hear otherwise we can just assume he is lying.

So Dumb F. Put up or....

He posted the story of how he won the state title by self slam a couple years ago. I think this thread is a great idea, but it evokes so much hate that it is impossible to implement.

Where is the self slam story in it's entirety?

I have a question....why would anyone have vitriol for the lower place finishers......the tougher they are only make the champs look even better. my junior year in hs I wrestled a guy in the semi's, who was a senior, he ended up 3rd three times...... I felt empathy for him. He was damn tough and I was happy to get past him.

So Dumb F. Put up or....

For all the doubters out there, here's the vid of my state finals match. The quality of the vid isn't all that great because it was shot from the bleachers but if you watch until OT you will see the ref stop the match and call a penalty on the opposing wrestler which effectively ended the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAISUDbjXj0

So Dumb F. Put up or....

For all the doubters out there, here's the vid of my state finals match. The quality of the vid isn't all that great because it was shot from the bleachers but if you watch until OT you will see the ref stop the match and call a penalty on the opposing wrestler which effectively ended the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAISUDbjXj0

Why didnt you have any coaches in your corner?

I got beat in the bout for 3rd to qualify for State. Got pinned actually, only time all year. My moms consoled me the next day saying she had a dream someone got hurt and I was going to be able to wrestle. She made me keep my weight close. Sure enough 2 days later my coach got the call and due to an injury I was in. In the 1st round after I got beat and the ref started to raise the other kids hand he noticed ringworm on his armpit. He was DQ'ed and I advanced to the quarters. I was taken down pretty quickly but I was ready for my opponents fatal near side cradle. As he hit it I pushed into him and posted and the ref called the fall. Everyone in the arena (except me) was shocked when the ref raised my hand. The semi's is the best I ever wrestled in my life. I was still down by 4 with 5.8 seconds left and the guys coach was telling him to let me up, but his father was yelling from the 1st row to ride me. He took so long to decide who to listen to the ref called delay of the match and awarded me a point. So now he does cover me and I hit him with a granby for 2 & 2 and a ticket to the finals. Right before the march of finalists the injured sectional champion came up to me and wished me good luck. I asked how his foot was and he said the doctor took the cast off the day before because after looking at the x-rays again she realized she had made a mistake and he was fine. That march was the greatest thing ever. I tried so hard to stay focused, even when I tripped and fell going to shake hands, it did'nt rattle me.

It just was'nt meant to be. I am in the record books for the quickest tech fall in finals history. Still 2nd in State finish was the greatest weekend of my life. Not so much for Mom, she got in trouble at the hospital where she was a doctor for some mis-diagnosis of a patient.

I got beat in the bout for 3rd to qualify for State. Got pinned actually, only time all year. My moms consoled me the next day saying she had a dream someone got hurt and I was going to be able to wrestle. She made me keep my weight close. Sure enough 2 days later my coach got the call and due to an injury I was in. In the 1st round after I got beat and the ref started to raise the other kids hand he noticed ringworm on his armpit. He was DQ'ed and I advanced to the quarters. I was taken down pretty quickly but I was ready for my opponents fatal near side cradle. As he hit it I pushed into him and posted and the ref called the fall. Everyone in the arena (except me) was shocked when the ref raised my hand. The semi's is the best I ever wrestled in my life. I was still down by 4 with 5.8 seconds left and the guys coach was telling him to let me up, but his father was yelling from the 1st row to ride me. He took so long to decide who to listen to the ref called delay of the match and awarded me a point. So now he does cover me and I hit him with a granby for 2 & 2 and a ticket to the finals. Right before the march of finalists the injured sectional champion came up to me and wished me good luck. I asked how his foot was and he said the doctor took the cast off the day before because after looking at the x-rays again she realized she had made a mistake and he was fine. That march was the greatest thing ever. I tried so hard to stay focused, even when I tripped and fell going to shake hands, it did'nt rattle me.

It just was'nt meant to be. I am in the record books for the quickest tech fall in finals history. Still 2nd in State finish was the greatest weekend of my life. Not so much for Mom, she got in trouble at the hospital where she was a doctor for some mis-diagnosis of a patient.

Awesome, Holden C. Possibly the AHPOTY.

Well this thread has turned into a complete disaster. I was honestly planning to have an exclusive thread for us state champ/finalist brethren where we could have profound discussions about wrestling and other worldly topics, but as usual all the 3rd place peoples' champions showed up and brought along their nonsense, even though I explicitly stated in the tile of this thread "Non-Champs/Finalists Keep Out". It's like they can't follow the simplest of directions, which would at least partly explain why they also couldn't win a state title or make it to the finals.

Well this thread has turned into a complete disaster. I was honestly planning to have an exclusive thread for us state champ/finalist brethren where we could have profound discussions about wrestling and other worldly topics, but as usual all the 3rd place peoples' champions showed up and brought along their nonsense, even though I explicitly stated in the tile of this thread "Non-Champs/Finalists Keep Out". It's like they can't follow the simplest of directions, which would at least partly explain why they also couldn't win a state title or make it to the finals.

​This is exactly the reason I didn't start an Academic All-Americans Only (non Academic AAs Keep Out!) thread. That and there would probably be guys who took drama classes, and would think they qualified to contribute. I'm pretty sure DF, theOhioState, Wire, bwh27, scribe, HurricaneWrestling, Doc_Hfuhruhurr, Flying-Tiger, Ray_Brinzer, MadMardigain, VakAttack, fadzaev2, headshuck, Vertical, jmcginness, Flying-Tiger, Matburn155, and JasonBryant (and a scintilla of others I am forgetting) would have legitimately qualified.

​This is exactly the reason I didn't start an Academic All-Americans Only (non Academic AAs Keep Out!) thread. That and there would probably be guys who took drama classes, and would think they qualified to contribute. I'm pretty sure DF, theOhioState, Wire, bwh27, scribe, HurricaneWrestling, Doc_Hfuhruhurr, Flying-Tiger, Ray_Brinzer, MadMardigain, VakAttack, fadzaev2, headshuck, Vertical, jmcginness, Flying-Tiger, Matburn155, and JasonBryant (and a scintilla of others I am forgetting) would have legitimately qualified.

I was an actual Academic All-American. People probably think getting one of those is harder than winning a state championship. It isnt.