Sign in to follow this  
The_Education

Burroughs vs. Shabanau

We as Americans love to talk of how we are the best conditioned. These quick turn around times should be in our favor.

iran owns that title right now.

I hate to say this. But there are some fairly simple tried and true techniques for extending one's condition that doesn't exclusively involve hard work.

I simply do not believe our guys are being outworked in training.

We as Americans love to talk of how we are the best conditioned. These quick turn around times should be in our favor.

iran owns that title right now.

I hate to say this. But there are some fairly simple tried and true techniques for extending one's condition that doesn't exclusively involve hard work.

I simply do not believe our guys are being outworked in training.

WADA tests for EPO

3 points came by penalty and then I guess on 3rd its a dq.

Anybody else think that Burroughs is standing fairly upright in his stance? Also he's wearing a kneepad. Not sure I remember him wearing a pad. I know he was injured but was it a knee or ankle? He's def not 100%. It sounds like Manning will clarify after the tourney.

There is also mental fatigue, or coolness under pressure. I think that's more of a factor in a 6-minute match than simple conditioning. Some guys look tired very quickly if they are under pressure and panicked. Iran's guys may just panic less.

PASSIVE BLUE!!!! BLUE PASSIVE!!!! If I wanted to scream at that guy to shut up.

Another brilliant performance by Burroughs, he keeps his composure under duress/cheap shots better than any elite wrestler I've ever seen. And scribe is spot on regarding that scramble takedown, there were a couple moments where if he had rushed it or not stayed in perfect position he may have given up exposure. Also his defense has improved every year -- he's given up one point this tournament? On a bogus passivity I believe.

Is this Iranian the one that he wrestled and beat fairly handily (something like 3-0,3-0) at this year's World Cup? He's tied 2-2 with Kurbanov (UZB) right now and looks like the more dangerous opponent. Would be three straight World-level title bouts against Iran.

Edit: Akbari just won that match 4-3 so it's on.