Sign in to follow this  
The_Education

Burroughs vs. Shabanau

JB is def not 100% and its obvious but the nice thing is there is no Tsargush, no Goudarzi, no Aliyev, so no problem winning another gold.

I think that he will face the Iranian in the finals and I believe this is the same guy that he crushed at the World Cup? Either way I think he will earn another TF solidifying himself as one of the top 5 American wrestlers of all time.

JB is def not 100% and its obvious but the nice thing is there is no Tsargush, no Goudarzi, no Aliyev, so no problem winning another gold.

I think that he will face the Iranian in the finals and I believe this is the same guy that he crushed at the World Cup? Either way I think he will earn another TF solidifying himself as one of the top 5 American wrestlers of all time.

I don't agree that Aliyev is top three competition for him, even if that's one of his tightest matches. It was two years ago, if Burroughs faced him today it would not be as close. Tsargush I definitely agree continues to be the toughest match-up for JB. Goudarzi may be better than any other opponent at this tournament, but keep in mind that under the old rules he still hasn't won a single period against Burroughs in three matches, and did not really come close to scoring a point the last time they wrestled (Olympic finals).

I don't agree that Aliyev is top three competition for him, even if that's one of his tightest matches. It was two years ago, if Burroughs faced him today it would not be as close. Tsargush I definitely agree continues to be the toughest match-up for JB. Goudarzi may be better than any other opponent at this tournament, but keep in mind that under the old rules he still hasn't won a single period against Burroughs in three matches, and did not really come close to scoring a point the last time they wrestled (Olympic finals).

I agree with you that Aliyev isn't top 3 competition but I was just listing the only international opponents I could think of that have actually given JB a tough match.

I think if Tsargush had been in this tournament there would be legitimate concern over JBs undefeated and gold medal streak. He is the one guy that still makes me nervous when they wrestle.