Sign in to follow this  
DF

My Journey to 2nd Place

i believe all of America's Noble prize winning authors except Pearl Buck and maybe one other have been heavy drinkers. Theres something about great writers, they have to be able to see into

their own and other peoples tortured soul.

mental illness? Hemingway probably suffered from depression. Compounding it, i believe Hemingway felt it no longer was worth living because he couldnt do much of what he loved, at least not the way he expected to be able to do it-- make love, raise helll, write, hunt, fish & drink.

PLUS many of his best friends like actor Gary Cooper had died which depressed him, as it does all of us as we get older. ....s/BobP

None of this is even funny. It really isn't. Some peoples' sense of humor is just weird, I guess.

You are from Iowa, most things wont seem funny to you.

Wow...Really? I don't care where I'm from. I know quite a few people NOT from here who think the same way. It just isn't funny. It gets old with the SAME thing from him. Stall. 2nd place. Quitting. Jadidi. Wow. How many times can you say it and still be funny? Not many...

None of this is even funny. It really isn't. Some peoples' sense of humor is just weird, I guess.

We could chalk it up to coincidence that more intense Hawkeye fans don't find DF funny whatsoever - or perhaps your sense of humor applies to you and not universally. I apologize if my perspective is radical. By the way, I was not sold when you said "none of this is even funny" but when you added "it really isn't" I reflected deeper and realized that all the posters who have derived enjoyment and hilarity from DF and Medicine Man's comic breaks have wasted their time. Thanks for notifying everyone how terrible and "weird" our senses of humor are, excellent contribution.

You are from Iowa, most things wont seem funny to you.

-------

You're making a big generalization. I'm from Iowa. I find DF's posts hilarious.