Sign in to follow this  
TheOhioState

The 74k lineup before Burroughs

Well done Burroughs. The Iranian really slowed things down with his hand on the mat and backing off the mat off his knees. IMO the officials should have called the shot clock a lot more quickly on Iran, you could even make the case for a fleeing caution (if that still exists). Still great job by JB who mantains his compusure and game plan to perfection. There really needs to be new blood at 74 IMO, Tsargush/Geduev might make things interesting, or Dake domestically, but there isn't really anyone else at 74 who can compete with JB when he is wresting well. Maybe Taghavi or Yonemitsu can move up?:

Yonemitsu is as good as anyone, but I don't think he's big enough for 74kg. The Iranian who just lost is only 21, I'm sure there are some other emerging young guys that will challenge over this cycle. I agree that Tsargush and Geduev are the best competition right now.

I have no idea what Yonemitsu weighs but every time I see him wrestle I think he looks enormous. Id love to see Burroughs wrestle some 84s as well (not that I really expect him too while he has a winning streak going though). Aldatov is a former 74, a Burroughs/Aldatov match would be awesome!

Not sure the international wrestling database has accurate height information, but according to that he's 178cm (same as Burroughs and 2cm shorter than Taghavi). In his match with Taghavi they look about the same height and Taghavi looks thicker to me. He is big for 66kg, I'll grant you that.

A few people on here have said they think Burroughs looks huge for 74kg, I don't agree at all. Don't think he cuts much weight at all because of his height. He's never really undersized, but as opposed to a guy like Aldatov probably cutting an insane amount to make 74's, Jordan would have to change his body type to go up in weight (ie go on a crazy lifting regimen).

Not sure the international wrestling database has accurate height information, but according to that he's 178cm (same as Burroughs and 2cm shorter than Taghavi). In his match with Taghavi they look about the same height and Taghavi looks thicker to me. He is big for 66kg, I'll grant you that.

A few people on here have said they think Burroughs looks huge for 74kg, I don't agree at all. Don't think he cuts much weight at all because of his height. He's never really undersized, but as opposed to a guy like Aldatov probably cutting an insane amount to make 74's, Jordan would have to change his body type to go up in weight (ie go on a crazy lifting regimen).

180 cm is 5 foot 11.

Yonemitsu is listed as 168 cm / 5 foot 6.

Taghavi is listed as 170 cm / 5 foot 7.

I believe those listed heights to be relatively accurate. Having said that, the database records aren't always accurate. Jake Herbert and Cael Sanderson are both listed at 183 cm (6 foot), but Sanderson looked considerably taller than Herbert when they wrestled.

Burroughs is listed at 178 cm / 5 foot 10. I doubt that he's that tall, but I could be wrong.

Burroughs looks huge at 74 kg because his arms and chest are ripped and he has low body fat. But's he's not tall, and although he's muscular he doesn't have a large frame. So he really is perfect for 74 kg with a combination of speed and strength without the weight cutting, so he stays fresh. I'd actually be somewhat surprised if he let's his weight get over 180. He looks like he could be 175 easily walking around, but I have no real knowledge of that.