Sign in to follow this  
wrestler4lyfe

WATCH ESPN Announcer is HORRIBLE!

I almost had to turn the sound off when I just watched the Burroughs match, because all the announcer with the foreign accent kept doing was bashing burroughs and the USA. Its too bad they hired such a bum for the announcing.

"The Americans match was not as good as the bronze match"

"This match was not spectacular"

"The american is passive the whole match"

"All he is doing is slapping at his opponents head"

"The Iranian is more aggressive"

Correct me if Im wrong but the Iranian sat in a defensive stance the whole match hoping it would be closer than it was while JB attacked the entire match.

What a joke, someone needs to inform his not too insert his obviously biased opinion into the commentating.

Never the less I was blown away once again with Burroughs, teching his first three guys through to the semis and once again winning GOLD. Hes incredible, and great win for the USA!

The announcing team I listened to was fantastic. Great job by Jason Bryant and his Cliff Keen salesman partner (I kid because I care, Jake).

Couldn't agree more. I watched the matches after JB mainly for the commentary. Glad cause the MacDonald match was awesome. Loved the Karate Kid reference by Jake.

"Get a point, give up a point, get a point, give up a point. Good strategy but it didn't work out too well in the Karate Kid."

I didn't even know the thing was on ESPN3 until yesterday. The feed with Jason doing the commentary was all I watched. Jason did a fantastic job as usual, even during the finals when he had to carry Herbert while also announcing the action.

espn didn't do a good job, or even any advertising that they had this available. hopefully low viewership isn't a blackmark against international wrestling in their eyes. the fila feed was being routed through several different websites: are they able to get accurate viewer numbers?

I was curious, so I just checked it out. They're so bad that it's good. It's like watching an SNL sketch. It had me cracking up.

(On Android, launch Watch ESPN, click Sport, click Wrestling, then click Replay and select from the list. Looks like they're taping all week.)

I was curious, so I just checked it out. They're so bad that it's good. It's like watching an SNL sketch. It had me cracking up.

(On Android, launch Watch ESPN, click Sport, click Wrestling, then click Replay and select from the list. Looks like they're taping all week.)

Thanks WNY, atleast I know im not the only one

JB and Jake were great. ESPN may have sucked (didn't listen) but its a positive tha they covered the event. That is progress. I don't know how the business end of web casting works but I assume all that are streaming need good numbers. Not sure how important it is for a viewer to watch a stream via a different web site. You could watch Worlds from links posted by Flo, 49north, FILA, AWN and ESPN.

Again, I don't understand the business side of this too well but if viewership is spread out amung all sites hen none will have great numbers and may decide that streaming is not worth he hassle. Would be good to keep as many resources available. Would think that keeping ESPN interested would be a good thing.