Sign in to follow this  
olddirty

North Korea VS South Korea in 55kg finals

I saw that. Both guys look like scrappers too, based on the semifinal. Both were pretty fun matches. The PKR guy gut wrenched the Russian about 4 times after the period was over. Choi had a straight up war with Amoyran and countered Amoyrans aggression very well. Should be a great final!

no labor camp for yun.

now getting serious. I am very green when it comes to Greco rules and scoring, but I have the basics. a few questions for guys who understand how they are scoring it now.

-why did choi fight the pushout so hard only to get taken down? am I crazy to think you let the pushout happen there?

-choi's td at the boundary: I didn't see any hold by choi that would earn him the two points. I agreed with yun that it should have been a 1 pt pushout for him. it actually seemed like choi had more control of a td in the scramble that yun fought out of right bf the action went to the edge of the mat.

Choi started slow and it cost him. That out of bounds call was 50/50 IMO Choi was behind and had 3 pt control momentarily but the North Korean threw him at the same time. Glad I didn't have to call that one. This was a great match, just a physical war from start to finish.