Sign in to follow this  
donnie

Hawkeye fan's predictions

At the Hawkeye Forum Website, I found some interesting predictions. 9 AA, 3 champions, 2 3rds, 2 4ths and 2 6ths. Some forecasts of note were Dziewa 6th and Telford champion. I know 2 sets of Hawk fans right now: those who believe they absolutely will win it all, and possibly easily, and those who think like I do, that they will not be serious contenders this year and they will be worse after the departure of Ramos, StJ and Lofthouse.

Donnie, well-known Hawkeye "fan", posts in what promises to be a season-long dissing of Iowa's chances. How long do we have to wait for one of your oft-repeated statistical representations of just how bad things have become?

I go to several Hawk sites, and I mostly see hope tempered with realism, just like with every other team's fan sites.

However, I do have ONE prediction that you can take to the bank. I predict that Donnie will be a troll all season long with silly threads like this one. Get a life, Donnie.

Alright, guys, I have confirmed donnie's startling report that a fanbase is optimistic about their favorite team before the season starts. In a related story, the AP is reporting that in a startling turn of events, the Sun, which rose earlier this morning, will set later this evening. I'll keep you posted on any other startling revelations.

At the Hawkeye Forum Website, I found some interesting predictions. 9 AA, 3 champions, 2 3rds, 2 4ths and 2 6ths. Some forecasts of note were Dziewa 6th and Telford champion. I know 2 sets of Hawk fans right now: those who believe they absolutely will win it all, and possibly easily, and those who think like I do, that they will not be serious contenders this year and they will be worse after the departure of Ramos, StJ and Lofthouse.

They had best better do it this year!!!!, After this year I think Oregon State may pass them!!!!. Everything would have to fall just right for them to end up ahead of , Penn State , Minnesota, Ok State, Oklahoma to name a few.

Penn State, OSU, OU, Iowa are all capable of scoring 100 points at the NCAA championships in 2014. The question will who actually does it. The favorite has to be Penn State with 4 finalists of which 1 is a returning champ, and Taylor is a former champ.

OU has three studs in Maple defending champ, Howe former champ, Rutt an AA who will be ranked high at 197, plus 3 other wrestlers who've been AAs and are wrestling at home.

Cory Clark, Tony Ramos, and Derek St. John can all be finalists and perhaps champions. Evans, Lofthouse, Burak, and Telford are capable of being AAs.

Penn State, OSU, OU, Iowa are all capable of scoring 100 points at the NCAA championships in 2014. The question will who actually does it. The favorite has to be Penn State with 4 finalists of which 1 is a returning champ, and Taylor is a former champ.

OU has three studs in Maple defending champ, Howe former champ, Rutt an AA who will be ranked high at 197, plus 3 other wrestlers who've been AAs and are wrestling at home.

Cory Clark, Tony Ramos, and Derek St. John can all be finalists and perhaps champions. Evans, Lofthouse, Burak, and Telford are capable of being AAs.

I think Minnesota is a real threat for this, too. Penn State is the rightful favorite, but not as prohibitive as they were the last two.

gung ho: extremely excited and enthusiastic about doing something

gun hoe: a deadly gardening implement

For my last meal, Roast beef, tators and country style gravy. I plead guilty your honor. I spelled that word incorrectly and deserve the grammatical judgment in which I am sentenced to.

It is taters, not tators -- looks like you are going to die without dinner.

I would have included Minnesota, but Steinhaus tore his ACL. He'll be hard to replace, or won't be as good as he was if he wrestles this season.

Hopefully he has enough time. The best wrestler in the whole wide world, Jordan Burroughs came back from a torn ACL didn't he?

Hey, grapplefan, maybe your wife looks like a troll but my predictions have been spot on and I have had a great life.

Those weren't predictions, they were rants, because you can't get over Jimmy Z getting booted.

"had"? Going somewhere? And quit lookin' at my wife. ;)

I think Donnie is going more on the limb this time around. Keep in mind Iowa has Two #1 recruiting classes in action now, so one would expect their fans to be optimistic. However, they were rather brutal with Cael after getting a single #1 class so it will be interesting to see how things go down if they don't bring home a championship trophy over the next couple years as Donnie predicts.

While I'm here, I have to ask, hey Vak, are you going to make your annual Mike Evans National Champion prediction?

gung ho: extremely excited and enthusiastic about doing something

gun hoe: a deadly gardening implement

For my last meal, Roast beef, tators and country style gravy. I plead guilty your honor. I spelled that word incorrectly and deserve the grammatical judgment in which I am sentenced to.

It is taters, not tators -- looks like you are going to die without dinner.

That's small potatos, compared to this classic! These 16 seconds absolutely destroyed his political career and future.