Sign in to follow this  
donnie

Hawkeye fan's predictions

Well .. Brands had a tremendous amount of success as well ... early on. Two recruiting classes etc .... and lately

not at that same level.

We are forgetting that last year's NCAA's would have been MUCH different with a healthy McD and Telford.... so pretty darn close to the same level

IMO .. it has all worked out pretty well. Coach Z is steadily bringing OSU up the ladder, and Iowa has had their successes.

Z is great for the sport and helps the west coast.

Hey, grapplefan, you seem to like your wife to be the topic of insults. A shrink lives 3 doors down from me, maybe there should be a hookup, :lol:

I just thought that insulting someone you've never met and have no idea about is preferable to making a complete derriere out of yourself in front of everyone else on this board. After all, you apologized for insulting her before. As you said, your comments were out of line. They continue to be.

I extended the olive branch to you, but you are way too bitter to accept it. Unlike your posts, I don't insult you here. I just find your obsession to be ridiculous.

I believe donnie has been insulted a lot. He put a laughing face on his post, evidently just joking around. His forecasts have been accurate. Almost everyone I know here that are Hawkeye fans truly thought and were quite verbal that 3 would become 4,5 and 6 straight championships.

Unlike your posts, I don't insult you here. I just find your obsession to be ridiculous.

Too busy insulting me to take the time for donnie, are we?

http://www.usawrestlingnation.com/phpBB ... 8c240cd2b3

I just said that I'd miss your posts. As someone pointed out to me earlier, it was just another comment meant in jest. I get back to Iowa every few years, and I go to UNI meets as often as I do Iowa meets. I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in Cedar Falls/Waterloo. I'll buy Donnie one, too. You can find out if I'm really like Rush.

Even if I thought the program was going in the wrong direction, which I don't, who would you put in charge of the Hawks if Brands was fired? There isn't a potentially better candidate to be found at this time. Recall that Sanderson couldn't even build a championship team until he moved to Penn State.

Metcalf?

Even if I thought the program was going in the wrong direction, which I don't, who would you put in charge of the Hawks if Brands was fired? There isn't a potentially better candidate to be found at this time. Recall that Sanderson couldn't even build a championship team until he moved to Penn State.

Or Jordan Burroughs. The greatest coach in Iowa history was not a Hawkeye, so maybe they need someone out of the system.

Or Jordan Burroughs. The greatest coach in Iowa history was not a Hawkeye, so maybe they need someone out of the system.

I can't think of anyone in or out of the Iowa system who would be an upgrade on Tom and Terry Brands. Just because Iowa hasn't won the championship for 3 years doesn't mean they're necessarily heading in the wrong direction and it definitely doesn't mean there's a better alternative. I wouldn't mind seeing Burroughs on the Hawkeye staff though.

Thanks for the offer, grapplefan. You may have to come to my house for the beer, so I'll buy. If you have the nerve to come to the Highland area. I really cannot get out much anymore. Age has done that to me.

Thanks for the offer, grapplefan. You may have to come to my house for the beer, so I'll buy. If you have the nerve to come to the Highland area. I really cannot get out much anymore. Age has done that to me.

Over by Highland Park? No problem whatsoever. We're all going to be in your shoes someday, Donnie. It would be my pleasure to bring whatever you're drinking, from root beer to legal moonshine, or anything in between. We can reminisce about seeing the Iowa HS state tourney at McElroy Auditorium, or about Bob Siddens or Dave Natvig. Lots to talk about. Maybe I can drag a whippersnapper like Ban over too.

Over by Highland Park? No problem whatsoever. We're all going to be in your shoes someday, Donnie. It would be my pleasure to bring whatever you're drinking, from root beer to legal moonshine, or anything in between. We can reminisce about seeing the Iowa HS state tourney at McElroy Auditorium, or about Bob Siddens or Dave Natvig. Lots to talk about. Maybe I can drag a whippersnapper like Ban over too.

I have absolutely no dog in this fight, but if this ever happens, I'd sure like to crash this party.

When Kentucky Mudflap is active the Hawks seem to do much better.

He has all but disappeared and the Hawks don't make it to the top spot any longer.

Yeah, and when Zebras are in heat, Saturn's rings get dimmer. Just another two items that have absolutely NO relationship whatsoever. Mudflap has about as much influence on Hawkeye wrestling as you do.

Thanks, grapplefan. Boy, my mind is working OT with memories. Long story but a good memory for me. A family in Highland had a girl who dated an excellent East Waterloo football player and wrestler named Tom Smith. He wrestled a kid at McElroy in the state tourney whose coach was a man named Greg Logan. Tom reversed him, or escaped, I do not remember which, to win very late in the match. The girl wound up breaking up with Tom, and married Greg Logan. I was at their wedding along with my sons, who grew up with the girl, who had a much younger brother, who was extremely good friends with Jay Roberts, and in fact introduced me to him. That 'young' man came and visited me in my most recent hospitilization. He is now about 60! Boy, where has the time gone. I was friends of his dad and saw him when he was about a month old. If any of you knew Lou Breitbach, he was also in this circle.

Thanks, grapplefan. Boy, my mind is working OT with memories. Long story but a good memory for me. A family in Highland had a girl who dated an excellent East Waterloo football player and wrestler named Tom Smith. He wrestled a kid at McElroy in the state tourney whose coach was a man named Greg Logan. Tom reversed him, or escaped, I do not remember which, to win very late in the match. The girl wound up breaking up with Tom, and married Greg Logan. I was at their wedding along with my sons, who grew up with the girl, who had a much younger brother, who was extremely good friends with Jay Roberts, and in fact introduced me to him. That 'young' man came and visited me in my most recent hospitilization. He is now about 60! Boy, where has the time gone. I was friends of his dad and saw him when he was about a month old. If any of you knew Lou Breitbach, he was also in this circle.

Well, you can win the match, but lose the girl. Nice story, Donnie!