Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

Foxcatcher trailer out

Not overly optimistic, especially given the fact they keep moving it back. November, then December, now 2014. I am betting they are buying time to salvage a potential disaster. Hate to be the nay sayer, but....

Not overly optimistic, especially given the fact they keep moving it back. November, then December, now 2014. I am betting they are buying time to salvage a potential disaster. Hate to be the nay sayer, but....

I think that was more to try to fit into the awards schedule than anything else.

I think that was more to try to fit into the awards schedule than anything else.

Bingo!

Limited release at film festivals and larger cities before the cutoff for 2014 awards consideration. Then nationwide release in january 2014. A lot of major films do this all the time.

This will be a very good movie.

You have a first class director and some top actors.

I am looking forward to seeing it. Carell is a really good actor and he was looking to do something other than comedy.

There was another movie called Beyond The Mat,,,here is the youtube link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHepSH1CgU

what happened to this movie?

I'm optimistic for the film; in fact, several other films are delaying release dates because of awards season. I remember at the 1995 National Wrestling Coaches Association convention in Atlanta we were told to make sure we thanked John DuPont for all he did for wrestling when we were at the '95 World Championships (they were being held at the same time in Atlanta). I remember at the arena seeing DuPont in his ridiculous blue sweatsuit (he called himself the "Golden Eagle of American Wrestling") and thinking, this guy is totally out of it. No, I did NOT thank him--he struck me as an infinitely bizarre man.

As a kid growing up wrestling in the south jersey area and sometimes hitting some DE tournaments I'll never forget seeing this old creepy dude walking around a freestyle tournament one time. Then I was shocked when I saw him go out there and gets his ass absolutely handed to him by some young dude. It was like he had no idea what he was doing and had the muscle of a wet noodle. Only later did I realize who he was and what his real motives were. He's one of the sickest bastards the US has ever known.

Dupont started the Veterans World Championships by funding it in 1992; it was little known at the time. I believe it was held in Venezuela; he won (unopposed). Russ Cozart won his first of 7 there, and Joe Corso won as well. The next year in Toronto, held in conjunction with the Worlds, was the 2nd Veterans World. Dupont was now paying people off (typically $1000/ match) to take a dive so that he would be insured victory. During one of his farcical matches, where he was a total embarrassment, the foreign athlete, who was clearly paid off, accidentally broke Dupont's arm thus thwarting any repeat championship. I watched this man pay his way into so many situations to be viewed as someone special; he was a pathetic example of what money can do.

This will be a very good movie.

You have a first class director and some top actors.

I am looking forward to seeing it. Carell is a really good actor and he was looking to do something other than comedy.

There was another movie called Beyond The Mat,,,here is the youtube link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHepSH1CgU

what happened to this movie?

"Beyond the Mat" looks like a horrible movie. No way I would waste 2 hours on that.