Sign in to follow this  
Cheap_Tilt

DF: longest troll presence in internet history?

In his "retirement" post, DF mentioned he's been on this forum since the late 1990s when it first started when he was only in jr high. That's about 15 years of peddling the same gimmick on the same forum. I'm a member of several different forums and every once in a while we get a troll here and there and at most they last a few weeks to a few months before they go away. This guy has been doing the same shtick for 15 years on the same forum. That has to be a record for a trolling consistency.

Big and Marty have been around longer. Marty has trolled numerous other boards and Big while he got banned here awhile ago, he's believed to have taken on other persona's on here and other places in recent years.

i quite like DF.

it's obvious he's not serious. i get a kick out of it.

Totally agree. DF is awesome. Don't know how people manage to get pissed off by him.

--------

Ditto. DF is hilarious. Maybe some who think he is trolling are newer and not familiar with past masterpieces - e.g. the epic winning of his state title.

LiMarty wasn't really a troll. He didn't hide his identity, and was very up front about everything. Just passionate. He had rose colored glasses on regarding NY's prowress (very good, no doubt, but not at the level LiM protrayed it). I actually enjoyed reading him most of the time, even if I disagreed with it.

I was thinking of some of the more famous/infamous posters that have dissappeared.

scandar Akbar

Kentucky Mudflap

suzie shagwell

These are the three that I thought were the funniest.

I wonder who JTS became?

DF is a troll's troll. Adds nothing to the forum. Probably doesn't know a single leg from a duckunder.

He pisses people off because deep down they know there are shreds of truth in almost all of his posts. It makes people take a quick second in their subconscious and analyze why they hold so tightly to what they think are good ideas. People usually leave the thread pissed off but dont know why.

I'm amazed at the cult following he has considering he doesn't bring any real discussion to the boards and pushes legitimate threads down and off the first page. Personally, I skip over any thread started by DF because it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over ............

I'm amazed at the cult following he has considering he doesn't bring any real discussion to the boards and pushes legitimate threads down and off the first page. Personally, I skip over any thread started by DF because it's the same thing over and over and over and over and over ............

Yup, the schtick was moderately funny back in the early 2000's but it ran its course long ago

Ditto that. Largely just a waste of space on a wrestling forum - but if some want to read it and take any of it seriously....

DF is a quality troll. he's hit or miss but some of his posts are excellent.

considering he is a well known poster, i'm amazed he can still be an effective troll. a successful troll is one that gets people worked up over obvious nonsense. that people still take his posts seriously and play into his trolling is what is shocking, and what makes me want to read his threads.

remember the Simpsons tree house of horrors episodes where all the commercial jingles and mascots come to life and terrorize Springfield? the only way to make them go away is to ignore them.

that said, please don't ignore DF on my account.

I was thinking of some of the more famous/infamous posters that have dissappeared.

scandar Akbar

Kentucky Mudflap

suzie shagwell

These are the three that I thought were the funniest.

I miss Scandar Akbar's posts. Maybe I'll head up to Cleveland and look for him: http://ytr.com/

JTTS is missed on the forums, too.

He pisses people off because deep down they know there are shreds of truth in almost all of his posts. It makes people take a quick second in their subconscious and analyze why they hold so tightly to what they think are good ideas. People usually leave the thread pissed off but dont know why.

This sums it up for me. I find DF, Del Fino, et al, quite entertaining most of the time, insightful pretty frequently and I like that he holds a mirror to the wrestling community, which is very afraid to look into it and see a lot of the realities in that reflection. His last thread about bballers and wrestlers was a great way of showing the Napolean complex that many associated with this sport have. Bravo, DF!

Even though I can predict what some replies to this will be, I do say this in all seriousness, but I'm still trying to figure out what a "troll" is. Like so many other things in society, just when I think I have a feel for what a "troll" is, someone who calls another individual a "troll" seems to be doing that very thing thnemselves.

Gets more confusing to me everyday.

And, by the way, I do like DF too.

I'm not sure how and when this happened, but in a very short period of time he went from everyone's favorite poster to a "troll." Hence, another reason why I don't get what a "troll" is. I just don't see what made him so entertaining to people, only now to enrage people to the point where they lose sleep over it. :?:

+1

Title should read "DF: longest anti-hero presence in internet history."

ps (I'm amazed at how many people respond to the legendary DF threads with negative comments like "how can you feed this troll?" or "DF's posts are old shtick, and add nothing to the forum" yet there they are, reading and posting. They like it...just won't admit it.)

Abbad-Santa.jpg

Even though I can predict what some replies to this will be, I do say this in all seriousness, but I'm still trying to figure out what a "troll" is. Like so many other things in society, just when I think I have a feel for what a "troll" is, someone who calls another individual a "troll" seems to be doing that very thing thnemselves.

Gets more confusing to me everyday.

there are many kinds of trolls; most generally it is a label for anyone doing something on the internet you don't like.

the worst kinds of trolls (IMHO) are boring, unreasonable, and just gum up an otherwise interesting thread with offensive and inflammatory comments. ie tripster

the best kinds of trolls are those whose actual goal is to prank the humorless and cranky, by knowingly posting something they know to be inflammatory just to get a rise out of people. theres a fine line between pretending to offend and actually being offensive but often thats part of the fun.

DF isn't always in the latter category but his state champions only thread one was of the best things ive ever read.

This sums it up for me. I find DF, Del Fino, et al, quite entertaining most of the time, insightful pretty frequently and I like that he holds a mirror to the wrestling community, which is very afraid to look into it and see a lot of the realities in that reflection. His last thread about bballers and wrestlers was a great way of showing the Napolean complex that many associated with this sport have. Bravo, DF!

agreed, except for when you mistake the facetious replies for genuine.

Son, we live in a world that has internet forums, and those forums have to be posted on by men with a sense of humor. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Jadidi, and you curse the Anti-Heroes. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Jadidi's loss, while tragic, probably saved this forum. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saved this forum. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this forum, you need me on this forum. We use words like pinfall, stalling, self-slam. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the threads in this very forum that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a sense of humor, and make a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.