Sign in to follow this  
Cheap_Tilt

DF: longest troll presence in internet history?

DF reminds me of the kid we all had in our class in elementary school who'd do disgusting stuff just for attention. Like stick things up his nose or eat glue. It's funny and kind of shocking the first few times, but after a while it's not as funny and just stupid and repetitive. Especially once everybody realizes that he doesn't actually like jamming **** up his nose or eating glue and does it for the attention.

The problem with ignoring him is if we all decided to, then he'd just ramp it up and come back with something far worse.

He pisses people off because deep down they know there are shreds of truth in almost all of his posts. It makes people take a quick second in their subconscious and analyze why they hold so tightly to what they think are good ideas. People usually leave the thread pissed off but dont know why.

Agree. DF is awesome. Most people that hate on him, can't handle him. He's pretty funny, witty, and he's mostly not serious. I think a lot of what he says has a hidden truth behind it. I love when he talks about being rich, and 4-5 smart guys try to lecture him on the meaning of life.

Exactly what profound "truths" are you guys talking about that are hidden in his posts? Every one of his posts is either a Jadidi meme, talking about his (unproven) state championship, bragging about how rich he (his dad) is, his divorce problems, sitting alone in his room and staring at his fish swim around in their fish tank, and other such absurdities.

His interpretations of ref conduct and how absurd some of the wrestling rules and culture are spot on. Some examples:

Refs never call stalling on a guy who is just pushing

Refs never call stalling the same at the beginning of the match as at the end

Fat athletes dont get stall calls the way more active smaller athletes do

The wrestling culture puts way more positive emphasis on working hard not achieving anything than doing very little and achieving a lot

Getting a tech fall is a much clearer show of dominance than a pin

I could go on for days. DF brings things to light that people entrenched in the wrestling culture want to either purposefully ignore or subconciously ignore

The moderator(s) (whoever that is) needs to communicate to him what a good, solid poster should act like, or he will be gone from the site. It is so simple, and the reason he is still here, is they don't care, or actually condone his antics. which is irritating itself.

Having said that, I never, ever respond to him, and will normally not even click on a thread he starts, though I see that many others do, so, really, they are actually also part of the problem.

His interpretations of ref conduct and how absurd some of the wrestling rules and culture are spot on. Some examples:

Refs never call stalling on a guy who is just pushing

Refs never call stalling the same at the beginning of the match as at the end

Fat athletes dont get stall calls the way more active smaller athletes do

The wrestling culture puts way more positive emphasis on working hard not achieving anything than doing very little and achieving a lot

Getting a tech fall is a much clearer show of dominance than a pin

I could go on for days. DF brings things to light that people entrenched in the wrestling culture want to either purposefully ignore or subconciously ignore

========================================================================

But there is more stalling at the end of matches than there is at the beginning -- at the end guys are out of gas and some guy has the lead, usually, neither of which is true when the match starts.

As to DF, I think he can be pretty funny, and the current Col. Jessup post is a good example.

I agree, though, that he starts new threads too often, not all of which are gems, and which push topics off the first page. Sometimes less is more, especially in comedy.

I am entertained by DF. He has a niche talent. I wonder how many other handles he has - I doubt even he knows. I am convinced I know one of them.

Are you saying that he actually posts under different handles? Guess that explains why there are always responses to his threads... and to his defense. Wow, certifiable!

I would actually be relieved if it were discovered that you are actually one of DF's alternate handles.

At least that way I might be able to wrap my head around the consistent outrage with which you usually post. Personally I find it funny that you'll show up in all of these threads bashing someone who has brought a fairly consistent level of humor to the forum over the years and claim that the moderators are "asleep at the wheel," when in reality the only thing I've really seen you contribute over the past few years is a consistently growing level of unabashed ignorance. I can't even remember the last time I saw your name in a thread that didn't lead to some sort of petty argument.

I don't post all that much so maybe I'm off base for even commenting, but your posts have been making me cringe on a frequent basis. Maybe ignorance is the wrong word, because I don't think you're particularly unintelligent, but it seems like you've taken on this "holy knight of PSU" persona and in my opinion that has been killing much more interesting discussion than anything DF has been doing.

I am entertained by DF. He has a niche talent. I wonder how many other handles he has - I doubt even he knows. I am convinced I know one of them.

Are you saying that he actually posts under different handles? Guess that explains why there are always responses to his threads... and to his defense. Wow, certifiable!

I would actually be relieved if it were discovered that you are actually one of DF's alternate handles.

At least that way I might be able to wrap my head around the consistent outrage with which you usually post. Personally I find it funny that you'll show up in all of these threads bashing someone who has brought a fairly consistent level of humor to the forum over the years and claim that the moderators are "asleep at the wheel," when in reality the only thing I've really seen you contribute over the past few years is a consistently growing level of unabashed ignorance. I can't even remember the last time I saw your name in a thread that didn't lead to some sort of petty argument.

I don't post all that much so maybe I'm off base for even commenting, but your posts have been making me cringe on a frequent basis. Maybe ignorance is the wrong word, because I don't think you're particularly unintelligent, but it seems like you've taken on this "holy knight of PSU" persona and in my opinion that has been killing much more interesting discussion than anything DF has been doing.

Yes, you are pretty much off base. Maybe you need to go reread some threads because you seem to have lost sight of who does the trolling and hijacking around here. Of course that's not what this is really about anyway; this is about you defending your buddy DF and his nonsense. Nice try.

Yes, you are pretty much off base. Maybe you need to go reread some threads because you seem to have lost sight of who does the trolling and hijacking around here. Of course that's not what this is really about anyway; this is about you defending your buddy DF and his nonsense. Nice try.

He's not my buddy at all. Never talked to him and don't really know anything about him other than that I enjoy his posts.

You might be right, I just felt like pointing out that as of late your posts have seemed increasingly confrontational in almost every thread. Whether or not it's you propagating the constant bickering or not I guess I just find it annoying and feel like it takes away from the forum. Anyway, don't really mean to start another argument, just wanted to point out from a more removed point of view what a lot of the threads are becoming.

Coming from the guy that just got a thread locked -not easy to do post JB- for some rather unintelligent comments..........so do you want to chime in here charlie? I mean if I get under your skin for defending against trolls and malcontents then surely Ban must really offend your sense of proper posting etiquette; or does he get a free pass because he's a fellow DF Kool-Aid drinker?

My biggest battle on this forum was against "Big" over the Leipold riod bust from the 2000 olympics. I said he was a cheat and "Big" defended him like he was his father or something:-) We argued about that for over 8 freakin years!

DF pisses people off because he points out absurdities and truths about the sport and its personalities, and particularly a certain personality who frequents this board, that American wrestling fans generally don't like to discuss.