Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

PSU to send 4 to All Star Classic

Can't believe Ed Ruth wouldn't be invited as well.

Actually it's probably not that he wasn't necessarily not invited as much as it is that he is up a weight and I think they have a history at the All Star Classic of not inviting people who are up a weight from the previous year since he is unproven at 184.

please, please, please, lets see Taylor vs Dake. It will be worth it just to watch the back tracking from all the loud mouths because anyone that really thinks that Dake is going to "manhandle" "destroy" "crush" Taylor in folk is out of their mind.

Time to put up Koll, you lecture about doing what's good for wrestling, well Taylor vs Dake is good for wrestling. Penn State is doing their part; LETS SEE IT!!

please, please, please, lets see Taylor vs Dake. It will be worth it just to watch the back tracking from all the loud mouths because anyone that really thinks that Dake is going to "manhandle" "destroy" "crush" Taylor in folk is out of their mind.

Time to put up Koll, you lecture about what's good for wrestling, well Taylor vs Dake is good for wrestling. LETS SEE IT!!

You folks are trying to promote wrestling this incident was unique and handled with authority and MR. Ruth is now an NCAA Champion and shouldn't have to look back!!!

maybe he isnt allowed in dc after last summers incident

I hope killer is selected so everyone can see how dominant he will be this year.

FWIW I don't Mr. Dake wants any of Mr. Taylor and will settle to contend for 157!!!

Time to put up Koll, you lecture about what's good for wrestling, well Taylor vs Dake is good for wrestling. Penn State is doing their part; LETS SEE IT!!

FWIW I don't Mr. Dake wants any of Mr. Taylor and will settle to contend for 157!!!

Time to put up Koll, you lecture about what's good for wrestling, well Taylor vs Dake is good for wrestling. Penn State is doing their part; LETS SEE IT!!

I agree, Dake look petrified at the trials :roll:

Petrifried being the key word...Andrew Howe was also impressive for 30 seconds...Mr. Taylor is fresh!!!

I agree, Dake look petrified at the trials :roll:

Actually it's probably not that he wasn't necessarily not invited as much as it is that he is up a weight and I think they have a history at the All Star Classic of not inviting people who are up a weight from the previous year since he is unproven at 184.

If that's the case Wright would not be chosen.

I'm confident Dake would do well at 165 against Taylor as well. If you are really looking out for Taylor's best interest, you don't want him within a mile of Dake at 165 or 157. He might win or he might lose again. And if he loses, he can strike the same "mental fetal position" he did against Dake and Bubba. O never rmind, Taylor had a shoulder injury :roll: for the Dake match.

I thought Taylor's play was to go down and take it to Dake? I'm guessing Dake is rusty from working out with Herbert and Burroughs and should wisely sit this one out.

Grow up guys!!! Some of u guys on here sound like 9th grade girls.... Our sport (as we all know) will only benefit when there are exciting matchups. U wanna fill the seats???? If that's what we truly want then lets encourage this matchup. Maybe Dake has already agreed to the match and it hasnt been released yet. I'm not saying he has as of yet, but it would increase attendance and awareness probably as much the national duals alone. Everyone wants to see these two champions wrestle a "folkstyle" match. I gotta think Rob Koll will encourage this match. I am sure Cael wants the two to wrestle. Taylor has already thrown his hat in the ring....I am sure we will hear good news soon. There are many other wrestlers that need to be there. Any other reigning national champ(if not injured obviously) should wrestle. At the very least we should have 2 of the top 3 battle in each weight class. What's scary is this....Coach tells his wrestler not to participate because of either possibility of losing or afraid of another wrestler learning his wrestler's style. That attitude WILL NOT grow the sport! Or excuses like it is to big of a weight cut for some because it is a meaningless event. Think of the young wrestlers who look up to these wrestlers....We tell our kids to "go out and lay it on the line" and yet we do not do it at what is supposed to be an ALL STAR CLASSIC. Imagine baseball players having that attitude.... They sell out every all star baseball game every year!!!! You mean to tell me wrestlers are more fearful than baseball players!!! NWCA please work hard at this!!! And let's start GROWING the sport by selling this thing out!!!! Nuff said (i think) :?:

I'm confident Dake would do well at 165 against Taylor as well. If you are really looking out for Taylor's best interest, you don't want him within a mile of Dake at 165 or 157. He might win or he might lose again. And if he loses, he can strike the same "mental fetal position" he did against Dake and Bubba. O never rmind, Taylor had a shoulder injury :roll: for the Dake match.

I thought Taylor's play was to go down and take it to Dake? I'm guessing Dake is rusty from working out with Herbert and Burroughs and should wisely sit this one out.

First you say "I'm confident Dake would do well at 165 against Taylor as well."

Then in the same paragraph you say "He might win or he might lose again"

Yea, you're really going out on the limb there :roll: Maybe you should look up the word "confident" in the dictionary.

If that's the case Wright would not be chosen.

You're right, for some reason when I looked at the names listed, I completely ignored Wright's name. Maybe he turned down the invite for some reason. Who knows.

why would he weigh in at 157 and then wrestle his weight class against a bigger Caldwell? I see no sense in that. On a separate issue, does Dake going up to 165 affect his eligibility at 157 for the beginning of the season? I could be wrong, but is this the reason why wrestlers do not get bumped weights?

I pretty much disagree with everything you post but not here.

You truly have a great point.

1. It doesn't count against either

2. Koll's lecture would is a little hypocritical in regards to his position on the AS Classic

Good for the sport in one place, selfish in the other

3. I suspect it would bolster attention and attendance

PSU is doing their part: Not really. If they put in at 157 maybe, don't overglorify showing up.

PSU hasn't done their part in much that is good for the sport lately, debatable, so take it easy patting the homers on the back.