Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

PSU to send 4 to All Star Classic

:?: :?: Can someone please explain the rationale in Taylor and Dake wrestling at 157..what's the difference??? Dake actually looked bigger than taylor at the trials. But for the good of the sport Im sure Taylor will meet him in between the 2 weight classes. Dylan Alton is going 157 anyway :?:

(Bump hidden post)

:?: :?: Can someone please explain the rationale in Taylor and Dake wrestling at 157..what's the difference??? Dake actually looked bigger than taylor at the trials. But for the good of the sport Im sure Taylor will meet him in between the 2 weight classes. Dylan Alton is going 157 anyway :?:

Lord Nelson, ummmmm How can taylor wrestle 157 if dylan alton was selected to represent the 157 pound weight class. Penn State hasnt done much for the sport????? I guess preserving the NCAAs wasnt a big deal. Or selling out all of their home meets and tripling attendance on average to all their away meets. And wrestling to score bonus points. And agreeing to send 40 percent of their starting lineup to the ALL STAR classic. Yeah ur right their not doing enough :roll:

Lord Nelson, ummmmm How can taylor wrestle 157 if dylan alton was selected to represent the 157 pound weight class. Penn State hasnt done much for the sport????? I guess preserving the NCAAs wasnt a big deal. Or selling out all of their home meets and tripling attendance on average to all their away meets. And wrestling to score bonus points. And agreeing to send 40 percent of their starting lineup to the ALL STAR classic. Yeah ur right their not doing enough :roll:

They've done plenty for PSU Wrestling, I agree.

My point was you act like it is nothing for guys to move up a weight post certification, it isn't as easy as you might think.

Penn State hasnt done much for the sport????? I guess preserving the NCAAs wasnt a big deal.

Preserving the NCAA's for themselves? Preserving the LONG modern era where only 3-4 teams realistically have a shot at winning a team title..... ever?

Lol .. so u think the top 4 teams in the dual meet tournament will be that much different than the top 4 teams at the NCAA tournament. Hilarious

It's not hilarious when you realize that a Virginia Tech and a Boise State can field a strong dual team that can excel with a hot hand.

How does sending four guys to all star meet help psu wrestling. how does tripling attendance on away meets help psu wrestling? No need to answer ....Im sure u will come with a doozy though :)

You really think PSU triples attendance at away meets in the one Conference that consistently draws?

OR, are you just making it up?

Total away matches which include both conference and non conference. Btw what is your favorite team? and what have they succeeded in doing for the growth of the sport? So Penn State's recent dominance is the reason for the collapse of the big 12? wow.....not sure if we are truly able to have an accurate ,factual discussion. It's ok to hate PSU...you are allowed. Just trying to help promote the all star classic as one of the ways to grow the sport.

I am getting a kick out some of the Penn State fans setting the standard of "if Dake doesn't pin or tech Taylor, it's a victory for Taylor!"

Also, it's laughable to say Penn State has done anything for the sport as a whole. Coach Sanderson and Penn State have done well for their own program. And yes, the same applies to my team, Iowa, and my coach, Coach Brands. They have both gone to lengths to preserve a status quo that has brought us a slowly dwindling sport.

And it makes sense in a short-sighted way, since they have had extreme success under the current model. However, anyone arguing the sport as a whole has thrived under the model is fooling themselves.

Vak, why don't you take a look at some of the threads after Dake beat Taylor at the trials. There were many outrageous comments about how Dake was far better and would "manhandle" him in folk as well. They are the ones that set the standard, not me. They could of been rational about it but instead choose the path of absurdity over one freestyle match. Now they are faced with a potential folk match that they didn't think could happen and should be called out.

How is Cael reversing his opposition to sending wrestlers to the All-Star Classic not good for the sport? Seems like you and Nelson are creating straw arguments over what I said. Penn State IS doing it's part by sending 40% of it's lineup. You guys cannot refute this so you ignore it and start rambling on and on about things that have nothing to do with this event.

fwi, Dake has been confirmed, it's just a matter of what weight class (161 or 165?).

Vak.... think about what u are saying. Do you really believe Tom, Cael, Smith, jrob, koll manning, and every single other coach only care about their own programs and care nothing about the overall health of college wrestling? Seems kinda silly to me. I believe they each are consumed with their own programs and wanna kick the crap out of each other, but I also believe they care and love the sport of wrestling to wanna see it prosper. Any successful company has a marketing department(these guys are coaches)... they cant put 100 percent into marketing if they are coaching D1 college programs. SO what we get are a bunch of "unproven" ideas by a bunch of coaches whose strengths are certainly not marketing. We need to run this thing like a business... With a marketing department who do nothing but startegize and Implement a marketing program. The key is the implementation!!!!! Any one can have a good idea here or there but it does nothing if not managed like any other business. Let's hire a marketing group. MIght take a couple years but it will definitely work because of the passion of wrestlers, coaches and true wrestling fans.

I for one think PSU is the heavy favorite to win the dual team or individual title this year. Those issues aside, we're now stuck with new made up debates about how PSU is now carrying wrestling for all of us and other teams have chickened out by not sending their best to an exhibition. I also think Taylor is very legit and could beat Dake if they wrestled again.

Those issues aside, I have no idea why some of the PSU fans on this board keep digging for attention with baseless comments and contrived scenarios to disadvantage other programs and kids. You'd think you'd be happy with pts 1/2 above. I guess not.

Pts of reminder:

1) Dake planked Taylor at 165 already.

2) Taylor and or or PSU faithful stated earlier Taylor would go down and wrestle Dake this year (what happened to that plan?)

3) Cael did not attend National Duals which was his time to shine if he had the best "dual team" which he clearly did not last year

4) And in the spririt of unrelated, non-sensical topic starters from PSU Fans, Kilgore is going to rip Wright's head off at 197.

Hatchet-You had me on everything there except #4. I like Kilgore but QW is very good as well. I don't think QW gets his head ripped off, though he might very well lose. I think we lose sight of how good PSU's wrestlers are because their fans are so stupid.

I'd like to know if they wrestle this thing at 157, and Dake wins, is Taylor still the better wrestler? After all All-Star meets don't count.

It's exhibition. It doesn't count. Dake would have to qualify for nationals at 165. Somehow be seeded behind David Taylor. And beat the other top 4 seeds before beating David Taylor.

Then it counts. But only if he majors DT or better.