Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

PSU to send 4 to All Star Classic

I am prepared to eat a flock of crow on this one.

----

"prepared to eat a flock of crow"... if what?

If Taylor doesn't win?... or are you merely saying Taylor won't "get owned," and considering that some sort of moral victory?

I agree with Gonzo that we lose sight of just how good the PSU wrestlers are. As far as crossing the line, Penn State fans did that years ago. There is not much of a line left.

Actually, the line is still there, look a little harder. Most fans are like me, late 50's, lifetime fan, with respect for the Iowa's, Okie State's and every other team out there. Just want to see good wrestling. Sure I'm happy for my Nittany Lions, and proud too, but like most of us Nits, won't be chest-thumping just because we won a little. Been around long enough to see that whoever you root for has their "bad" fans too. We all do, don't let a couple bad apples define a great fan base.

Good to hear RoarLions.

Too many get the wrong impression about a school and even it's fans because of a few bad apples. Though a fan of Iowa, I have great admiration for most of the PSU wrestlers, and realize that most PSU fans are probably decent folks, not to be confused with a few nut jobs who post over the top stuff on this board.

Never thought PSU fans would join the ranks of the Iowa contingent.....My man Dake will have the ability to bury the myth- the legend- the nonsense....all in 7:00 min.....and be placed UNANIMOUSLY on his throne-

No, it is linked to the common sense board.

They have the NCAA Tourney at the end of the Collegian season- distinguishing the BEST at each weight. The logic of the ALL STAR match could use a face lift....such as having a wrestler moving up a weight to challenge someone. Hence, the Dake /Taylor match has this kind of anticipation.

Other than that.....Most ALL STAR anythings usually "suck" !!

btw- I cant believe Dake is taking this match with Taylor. He has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to prove. Apparently, the RED Team feels very confident that the 3X NCAA Champ- will put ALL to rest.

Messenger Boy: "The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.", Achilles: "Thats why no-one will remember your name."

thank god dake does not think like marty....

Epic epic reference.

Never thought PSU fans would join the ranks of the Iowa contingent.....My man Dake will have the ability to bury the myth- the legend- the nonsense....all in 7:00 min.....and be placed UNANIMOUSLY on his throne-

Right. I (and I sure many other) remember just how high you were on Dake right out of the gate.

*cough* "He will lose, that's what freshman do.." *cough*

I still didn't get clarification...did Taylor win Big 10s 2 years ago or....

You call Taylor's hype "nonsense" because, why? He lost to Dake in freestyle? Maybe because he lost to Bubba in the Finals as a freshman? Or is it one of his other losses?...Oh wait.

You are the biggest joke on these boards, I don't know why people take you seriously. I truthfully don't even know why I acknowledge you presence, other than to say be a man, stick to your word and beat it...Or if you are going to back out of your promise (which you have done for years now) AT LEAST have the decency to stop bashing the kid who you said would not be able to AA untill his junior year...when he currently has a National Title, a Hodge, 70+ wins, and only 1 loss in his first 2 seasons in the NCAA.

And if he loses to Dake, he still only has 1 loss heading into his 3rd season (after a redshirt).

I know where you are going with this...and it is stupid.

Is Cael Sanderson undefeated in college or not?

Don't bring up the RS nonsense again. Dake didn't redshirt...that makes his accomplishments that much more amazing and special, without question. But that does not mean that Taylor's accomplishments are somehow lessened because he did RS. Let it go.

And if he loses to Dake, he still only has 1 loss heading into his 3rd season (after a redshirt).

Don't bring up the RS nonsense again. Dake didn't redshirt...that makes his accomplishments that much more amazing and special, without question. But that does not mean that Taylor's accomplishments are somehow lessened because he did RS. Let it go.

Let what go? If David Taylor loses to Dake, he still only has 1 loss, heading into his third (fourth because of redshirt) season.

You gotta think of this as a good thing. No matter what, he'll start the season with only 1 loss on his career.

BASH ???? LOL !!!! When did I ever BASH Taylor ??? I BASHED his ball bag carriers by using his devastating losses to both Bubba and Dake as directional signs to CLARITY....he is human- he was still growing and he sure wasnt the second coming.

AND yes, I was wrong about Dake only being a 2X NCAA Champ/ 3X Finalist...lol. While others didnt have him in their TOP 50 recruits Nationally....lol.

Let what go? If David Taylor loses to Dake, he still only has 1 loss, heading into his third (fourth because of redshirt) season.

You gotta think of this as a good thing. No matter what, he'll start the season with only 1 loss on his career.

You are either being coy and subtly suggestive (of Taylor's RS vs. Dake not having one, or Taylor having RS losses, or something)...or you are just making pointless statements. I lean heavily towards the first, but either way...it's pointless to continue.

BASH ???? LOL !!!! When did I ever BASH Taylor ??? I BASHED his ball bag carriers by using his devastating losses to both Bubba and Dake as directional signs to CLARITY....he is human- he was still growing and he sure wasnt the second coming.

AND yes, I was wrong about Dake only being a 2X NCAA Champ/ 3X Finalist...lol. While others didnt have him in their TOP 50 recruits Nationally....lol.

"devastating losses to both Bubba and Dake" That is taking a shot right there you moron. Im sure Taylor was devastated by the loss to Bubba, but not in the way you are suggesting...that somehow that loss destroys all the hype around him and it was not warranted. Obviously it was and still is. His career thus far speaks for itself.

Did he win Big 10s as a Freshman? Get off the college boards...you are pathetic.

YOU CLOWNS SHOULD ALL BE CHECKED !!!

Dake is a 3X National Champ in 3- different weights. Taylor got DECKED in the Finals of the NCAA Tournament.

get the picture ??????

or

Dake with a FALL over Taylor in FS was that just MEMOREX !!!?????

PA-OINTLESS Fan,

Not for nothing- the PLATFORM and PEDESTILE was set before Master Taylor was adorned with the blue-n-white singlet. Has he reached his CREDENTIALs - I cant argue this. Has he been DOMINANT- I cant argue this. Has he had some DEVASTATING blemishes ??? ......The Finals of the NCAA Tourney to a wrestler his Coach replaced- by him (??) to be DECKED by Dake in another episode ??? LMAO !!! this I will ARGUE all day !!!

They write Novels about this stuff........

YOU CLOWNS SHOULD ALL BE CHECKED !!!

Dake is a 3X National Champ in 3- different weights. Taylor got DECKED in the Finals of the NCAA Tournament.

get the picture ??????

or

Dake with a FALL over Taylor in FS was that just MEMOREX !!!?????

Check these fools, Marty.

How does this match go down?

I think Dake took Taylor down both times with upper body throws in FS, that won't happen again.

Dake is good at bottom and a great rider. He's also hard to take down.

I think Taylor will have to get back points to beat him.

Taylor has a HUGE advantage- HE WALKS ABOVE THE CLOUDS and Dake is just a mere mortal. I would suspect that the Moon has to be aligned with Mars before most of URANUSs can accept the positoning of the Planets.

JMO-Dake wins a very boring match.

You were also wrong about Taylor not being competitive until his junior year.

He's a 2 time finalist going into his junior year of competition.

Dake is an incredible talent. Although if he does become a 4 timer, he and Cornell will fail in the likes of Cael Sanderson/ISU in that despite how good he was, his coach just couldn't develop enough of the talent around him to get them above 2nd place.

Oh, and Marty, check my sig line...

Taylor has a HUGE advantage- HE WALKS ABOVE THE CLOUDS and Dake is just a mere mortal. I would suspect that the Moon has to be aligned with Mars before most of URANUSs can accept the positoning of the Planets.

JMO-Dake wins a very boring match.

How many times can you actively avoid me blatantly pointing out your hypocrisy in a single thread?

Two part question: Did Taylor win Big 10s as a freshman, and why are you on the college boards?

****Look, if he WINs the Big 10s this season- Im voluntarily gone off "TheMat.com-College Board" - LIMartin 12/8/2010****