Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

PSU to send 4 to All Star Classic

BASH ???? LOL !!!! When did I ever BASH Taylor ??? I BASHED his ball bag carriers by using his devastating losses to both Bubba and Dake as directional signs to CLARITY....he is human- he was still growing and he sure wasnt the second coming.

AND yes, I was wrong about Dake only being a 2X NCAA Champ/ 3X Finalist...lol. While others didnt have him in their TOP 50 recruits Nationally....lol.

You were also wrong about Taylor not being competitive until his junior year.

He's a 2 time finalist going into his junior year of competition.

Dake is an incredible talent. Although if he does become a 4 timer, he and Cornell will fail in the likes of Cael Sanderson/ISU in that despite how good he was, his coach just couldn't develop enough of the talent around him to get them above 2nd place.

Oh, and Marty, check my sig line...

Constantly comparing and contrasting PSU and Cornell based on winning with a lowbrow Andrew Long transfer, isn't exactly something I'd be real proud of and braggart about.

Otherwise, praise for Dake is appreciated, by this fan. Dake isn't better than Cael no matter how it gets sliced. Cael was an unbelievable wrestler.

Cael deserves all the credit for the development of Ruth, into the unbelievable scoring machine that he became that season in upending both Lewnes and Cornell, effectively. By the same token, Cael also deserves credit for the personal failure of Andrew Long. PSU doesn't win without those points coming across in transfer, even with Ruth's Herculean season. It's as simple as that.

Cael deserves all the credit for the development of Ruth, into the unbelievable scoring machine that he became that season in upending both Lewnes and Cornell, effectively. By the same token, Cael also deserves credit for the personal failure of Andrew Long. PSU doesn't win without those points coming across in transfer, even with Ruth's Herculean season. It's as simple as that.

That was 2 years ago. They won last year as well, without Long.

That aside...the "they wouldn't have won, IF" argument is just silly. They did win, period. The same way that making excuses for why Taylor would have beat Dake in freestyle IF...is silly.

Dont confuse this with Taylor can beat Dake...or Iowa (or OK St, Minny, etc) can beat PSU...in the future. That is a totally different, and worthwhile, discussion.

YOU CLOWNS SHOULD ALL BE CHECKED !!!

Dake is a 3X National Champ in 3- different weights. Taylor got DECKED in the Finals of the NCAA Tournament.

get the picture ??????

or

Dake with a FALL over Taylor in FS was that just MEMOREX !!!?????

Doesn't Jason call this "Marty Logic?"

Anyone who watches Taylor much knows that the losses Marty mentions were exceptions to his overall stellar performance, and unlike Cael, Dake HAS lost. It's difficult to think of a wrestler as good as Taylor as the underdog, but I think he is in this match.

Taylor has a lot to prove here. They both have some guts to take this on. I don't know if Taylor can beat Dake, but I'ld say that he won't get manhandled this time. It should be a real barn-burner.

Not as simple as that. Pearsall had just cracked the top 20 when Long came in at 133. Who's to say he couldn't score the few points needed?

So does Koll deserve credit for the personal failings of Billy George? Will it be considered lowbrow if he's in the lineup this year?

How about shipping all the freshmen out to a community college for a year. Is that lowbrow for an Ivy League school to do?

Not as simple as that. Pearsall had just cracked the top 20 when Long came in at 133. Who's to say he couldn't score the few points needed?

So does Koll deserve credit for the personal failings of Billy George? Will it be considered lowbrow if he's in the lineup this year?

How about shipping all the freshmen out to a community college for a year. Is that lowbrow for an Ivy League school to do?

Koll has an obligation to get Billy George on the right track to citizenship after his first offense (albeit serious, but so is assaulting police officers). If part of that is not starting and winning with Billy George and it works, I am all for it... think Kevin Jackson here.

One advantage of community college is that students can get some course work out of the way, to better handle the rigors of course work during enrollment at Cornell. I've heard other people who are not athletes doing this at the Ivy level. The greyshirt thing is a new and interesting phenomena. I see that Sammy Henson has been offering greyshirt tutelage for any interested wrestler.

David Taylor IMO- has lived up to his billing out of High School- and actually, I think I was somewhat RIGHT about the maturity process- yet, wrong in the time frame of development.

I just like getting his BALL BAG carriers irrate. It gives me pleasure to know that one of New York's finest is doing something great....and while the Ohio brethren tell us about a new super power almost yearly....it gives a wrestler like Dake another opportunity to send them some more bad news.

David Taylor IMO- has lived up to his billing out of High School- and actually, I think I was somewhat RIGHT about the maturity process- yet, wrong in the time frame of development.

I just like getting his BALL BAG carriers irrate. It gives me pleasure to know that one of New York's finest is doing something great....and while the Ohio brethren tell us about a new super power almost yearly....it gives a wrestler like Dake another opportunity to send them some more bad news.

"and while the Ohio brethren tell us about a new super power almost yearly...."

Ohio brethren? IMO, Dake is more of an Ohioan than Taylor. Certainly more of a Clevelander.

You are arguing with Penn St. fans more than with your Ohio friends.

Huh??

Scribe-If I were you I'd just say, "Oh you're right Pearsall would have been amazing, he was just getting ready to crack the top 20 and be devastating. Andrew Long? Nah he was nothing and made no difference." You still have a choice Scribe. I wouldn't engage in this. It's draining and the dude only sees things one way. Save yourself. Pearsall was the answer....Jesus it never ends.

Huh??

It goes like this. And I'll explain it in certain terms so that mopar can understand it.

You got this awesome race car, winning everything in sight. It comes along and with success, comes stress. One day, the car's owner sells him and leaves town and that car starts acting up real bad. Over and over again, bad. Well, after a few real bad incidents, that car's gotta go into the new owner's, Kevin Jackson, shop of badass automobile repair. But it is gonna take some time and sacrifice to get him fixed up to where he was before, better than before.

Well, that car doesn't want to do that, and his old owner wants that car back, and he gets a free pass by his current owner to head back to his old owner, Cael. Well, Cael needed that car bad to win. He jumped on it, rode the crap out of it, and got it over the finish line one last time as a victor...... but it was broke for good now. Never to be fixed again.

The end.

Huh??

It goes like this. And I'll explain it in certain terms so that mopar can understand it.

You got this awesome race car, winning everything in sight. It comes along and with success, comes stress. One day, the car's owner sells him and leaves town and that car starts acting up real bad. Over and over again, bad. Well, after a few real bad incidents, that car's gotta go into the new owner's, Kevin Jackson, shop of badass automobile repair. But it is gonna take some time and sacrifice to get him fixed up to where he was before, better than before.

Well, that car doesn't want to do that, and his old owner wants that car back, and he gets a free pass by his current owner to head back to his old owner, Cael. Well, Cael needed that car bad to win. He jumped on it, rode the crap out of it, and got it over the finish line one last time as a victor...... but it was broke for good now. Never to be fixed again.

The end.

---

Nice illustrative tale Scribe. FT might understand it.

Mopar??? You're pushing your luck on that one. LOL!

Cael Sanderson....win at all costs with no regard to Andrew Long's recovery....NOT. Cael Sanderson, not being GOD and miscalculating Andrew Long deep rooted mindset...YES. Cael would give up national titles in a heartbeat if he knew the outcome of Andrew. Obviously! And so would (i would think) almost all other college coaches. If you know Cael you would know he was very close to the Long family and felt that Andrew moving in to a new environment and being able to wrestle was gonna be( in a way) a treatment program for Andrew. He thought it was a WIN WIN..... Win for Andrew and win for Penn State! I admit Andrew wrestling helped PSU win a national title(obviously no one knows if they still would have finished first or not) but lets say they wouldnt have won. If you know Cael then you know he would not have made this choice to let Andrew transfer. For the Cael haters (or psu haters) question for you... If your son had the opportunity to wrestle for Cael .. what would you tell your son? It would be an easy decision for me.

Cael Sanderson....win at all costs with no regard to Andrew Long's recovery....NOT. Cael Sanderson, not being GOD and miscalculating Andrew Long deep rooted mindset...YES. Cael would give up national titles in a heartbeat if he knew the outcome of Andrew. Obviously! And so would (i would think) almost all other college coaches. If you know Cael you would know he was very close to the Long family and felt that Andrew moving in to a new environment and being able to wrestle was gonna be( in a way) a treatment program for Andrew. He thought it was a WIN WIN..... Win for Andrew and win for Penn State! I admit Andrew wrestling helped PSU win a national title(obviously no one knows if they still would have finished first or not) but lets say they wouldnt have won. If you know Cael then you know he would not have made this choice to let Andrew transfer. For the Cael haters (or psu haters) question for you... If your son had the opportunity to wrestle for Cael .. what would you tell your son? It would be an easy decision for me.

Do I get to choose between Borelli, Cody, Ryan, Brands, John Smith or MINKEL(Just kidding)? There is no denying Cael positioned in PA has made for a superpower team but he is far from the head and shoulders above coach that your tone seems to indicate. He has shown he has had issues with kids at both ISU and PSU. The first two aforementioned coaches have shown skills in developing lesser known kids into superstars. Ryan has been pretty impressive being in a similar situation as Cael being nearly able to pick and choose from the 2nd best states High School wrestlers. The last 2 coaches records speak for themselves. Minkel is probably an even better fit for most parrot lovers.

My pt is not to hate Cael but to state that the proverbial "nuthugging" brings out the annoyance that causes Cael or PSU bashing. Guys like Flying Tiger and Ctmopar should remember Iowa's faithful Willie. When your love of your team is so extreme that it renders you blind you are going to polarize the forum.

I would like to start this off by saying I credit Sanderson for bringing Long back and I do believe it was as much to help Long as it was to help the team. I don't see any DI coaches truly sinister enough to sell out just for the team. Any legitimate coach cares for the wellbeing of his players. With that said there is NO mathematical way you can LEGITIMATELY argue that PSU wins with Pearsall at 133. Long Scored 18.5 for PSU while Grey scored 13 for Cornell. PSU won by 14. Long pinned Grey in the Consolation Semis. In all likelihood Grey scores MORE if Long is gone and Pearsall would need to atleast score 5 for PSU to win. That means Pearsall would basically have had to make the Round of 12 for that to happen. Look at the 2011 133 bracket. Even with your blinders on I don't see how you can predict that happening.

MSU158-You are a voice of reason and you are out of place here. Two posts in a row you stated the absolute truth without bias. This will be construed as hating PSU I assure you, but don't ever stop being honest brother. Thank you.

Cornell may have won by more than the delta re Grey/Long had Long not been at PSU.

The bracket would have been entirely different (if he hadn't) and who knows where Pearsall would have been drawn in (or even if he would have made it out of Big 10's).

But re-wrestling and re-drawing the tournament isn't going to happen.

The mechanic fixed it and it did quite well without failure until it rested or was without...In the Junkyard with what a 2nd and 3rd at the NCAA Championships...I've been looking at the IP's you and your buddy (DR BOZO) possess and I don't see that much success so keep on keeping on!!!

P.S. The PSU "Train" will be just fine without either of you!!!

Huh??

The end.