Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

PSU to send 4 to All Star Classic

..scribe: Translation>>>

"Long was fine during the wrestling season. He got drunk and screwed up after the season. He's now in jail with a NCAA 2nd and 3rd place finish."

i thought he was saying this

long won us a national title and then went off on his own time and got himself in trouble. how could we have known he would have any problems? it wasnt like he was brought in to solidify a lineup he was clearly brought in to be a team leader based on his history of civic duty. you all want to complain about it but all that matters is that we have a national champion trophy in our case.

if any recruits are reading this you will love centre county i mean long loved it so much he decided to return for one to two years just to hang out.

oh yeah, our real mascot is a choo choo train.

MSU and Gonzo.....We get it.....You guys cant stand Cael and PSU and make up a bunch of bullcrap. Thats fine >>>whats hilarious is how annoyed you guys get at the psu poster supporters. The name calling you guys hand out to us is your frustration in knowing that we are sticking to the facts and you guys have nothing else to say but use 7th grade namecalling(im being generous here). Why are the best recruits in PA and the rest of the country knocking down our doors to get in the family? (ouch) It's fact...do i have to mention the wrestlers specifically who Cael ,Cody and Casey have already brought in and the ones dying to get in. And the parents when they come in the room to watch the practices are shaking their heads and simply saying WOW!!! Ok it's your turn now... start with sandusky and end with Long and then call us "hurtful names"..LOL

Cael deserves all the credit for the development of Ruth, into the unbelievable scoring machine that he became that season in upending both Lewnes and Cornell, effectively. By the same token, Cael also deserves credit for the personal failure of Andrew Long. PSU doesn't win without those points coming across in transfer, even with Ruth's Herculean season. It's as simple as that.

Huh??

Perhaps reviewing the definition of "personal" would make it more clear...

Personal: (adjective) Of, affecting, or belonging to a particular person rather than to anyone else.

...then again, maybe not.[h3][/h3]

MSU and Gonzo.....We get it.....You guys cant stand Cael and PSU and make up a bunch of bullcrap. Thats fine >>>whats hilarious is how annoyed you guys get at the psu poster supporters. The name calling you guys hand out to us is your frustration in knowing that we are sticking to the facts and you guys have nothing else to say but use 7th grade namecalling(im being generous here). Why are the best recruits in PA and the rest of the country knocking down our doors to get in the family? (ouch) It's fact...do i have to mention the wrestlers specifically who Cael ,Cody and Casey have already brought in and the ones dying to get in. And the parents when they come in the room to watch the practices are shaking their heads and simply saying WOW!!! Ok it's your turn now... start with sandusky and end with Long and then call us "hurtful names"..LOL

which is why it is so obvious that cael brought in long for the title. he has recruits beating down his door and no one was doubting that he would build a team to win a national title but he took the low road and picked up long mid season. long had a well documented past of trouble and there is almost always more troubles not documented when it comes to college kids.

Cael deserves all the credit for the development of Ruth, into the unbelievable scoring machine that he became that season in upending both Lewnes and Cornell, effectively. By the same token, Cael also deserves credit for the personal failure of Andrew Long. PSU doesn't win without those points coming across in transfer, even with Ruth's Herculean season. It's as simple as that.

Huh??

Personal: (adjective) Of, affecting, or belonging to a particular person rather than to anyone else.

...then again, maybe not.[h3][/h3]

the first failure by long was all on long. fool me once shame on you but fool me twice or three times or whatever it was for long and shame on cael.

isu fans are not happy with the results kj has put out but they cant question the integrity it took to try to do what was best for long and the program even when it meant taking even more blame for underperforming.

i have a lot of respect for the psu wrestlers but i cant stand the penn state fans that only see things with blinders.

Lets not forget the mechanical failure of "Murderers row"...Who's fault was that???

P.S. You folks are always one step behind...LOL!!!

..scribe: Translation>>>

"Long was fine during the wrestling season. He got drunk and screwed up after the season. He's now in jail with a NCAA 2nd and 3rd place finish."

Huh??

...then again, maybe not. [h3][/h3]

the first failure by long was all on long. fool me once shame on you but fool me twice or three times or whatever it was for long and shame on cael.

isu fans are not happy with the results kj has put out but they cant question the integrity it took to try to do what was best for long and the program even when it meant taking even more blame for underperforming.

i have a lot of respect for the psu wrestlers but i cant stand the penn state fans that only see things with blinders.

So what's your opinion of Brands now that Marion has been arrested again? Why is ok for Koll to keep George on the team now that there is a warning sign? These coaches (including KJ) all thought/think that they can get these guys turned around. Some times it works, some times it doesnt, but it's the same decision whether it works out or not.

Personal: (adjective) Of' date=' affecting, or belonging to a particular person rather than to anyone else.

...then again, maybe not. [h3'][/h3]

So what's your opinion of Brands now that Marion has been arrested again? Why is ok for Koll to keep George on the team now that there is a warning sign? These coaches all thought/think that they get these guys turned around. Some time it works, some times it doesnt, but it's the same decision whether it works out or not.

great points!

i have been a big fan of marion on the mat but the trouble he has had is such a shame. i did question the timing of his return to the mat since it seemed to be right at the time iowa needed him. if brands moved up the timeline then shame on him! i dont remember though did he only have one incident prior?

as far as koll i am a big fan and if george is back in the lineup this semester then i think he isnt doing what is best for the athlete. george might be a good kid idk him but that is what cornell people say. if that is the case then sitting out half a season should make it clear that you dont treat your fellow competitor like that.

to answer your question i think cael side stepped the stipulations put in place by kj and if brands sidestepped marions punishment to get him back in the lineup then he let iowa down for the sake of winning and was no better than cael. and if koll does not punish george and says that the ncaa took care of it so he didnt need to then he is not the person of character i thought he was.

I don't think Penn State fans are looking at the Long situation with blinders on, just drawing different conclusions based on the facts. As I understand it, Long initially had no problems while wrestling for Iowa State when Sanderson was their coach. His problems began after Sanderson left for Penn State. Subsequently, Sanderson gave him another opportunity due to his relationship with Long's family and his initial recruitment of him. Apparently, Long had no problems at Penn State until his summer break away from school when he indecently assaulted a woman in an alcohol-related incident. Immediately thereafter, he voluntarily withdrew from Penn State.

Personally, I believe that Kevin Jackson and Cael Sanderson were both trying to help Andrew Long in their own respective ways. Based on how things turned out, it's obviously easy to scapegoat Sanderson. However, I think it's unwarranted as the two coaches had different relationships with Long, as well as his family. Perhaps Sanderson thought that a fresh start in a new environment and being a member of a team again woud be just what Long needed. And, that's a pretty common line of reasoning. (For example, in the ESPN documentary on Dan Gable, it was reported that Gable once said "If I didn't let this kid back on the team, what else would he have? This is the only thing he has in his life.")

So, while it's convenient to blame Sanderson, no one really knows how things would have turned out if he hadn't allowed Long to transfer. Perhaps he would have stayed in Iowa (whether as a member of the Iowa State team or not) and gotten into similar, or even worse, trouble. And, while Cornell would have likely benefited from Long's abscence at the NCAA's, that's not "proof" that they would have beaten Penn State. And, even if Long hadn't wrestled and Cornell had won the 2011 NCAA title, that's not "proof" that Sanderson's sole motivation in allowing him to transfer was for selfish reasons.

In the end, Long's story is a cautionary one about the dangers of alcohol abuse. To portray him as a "victim" of someone else does no one, especially Long, any good. Hopefully, he realizes that he is responsible for his behavior and is availing himself of the inmate alcohol program at the Centre County Correctional facility. I hope he is able to rehabilitate himself and become a productive member of society.

More information than the casual fan needs to know...Family the key word here!!!

I don't think Penn State fans are looking at the Long situation with blinders on, just drawing different conclusions based on the facts. As I understand it, Long initially had no problems while wrestling for Iowa State when Sanderson was their coach. His problems began after Sanderson left for Penn State. Subsequently, Sanderson gave him another opportunity due to his relationship with Long's family and his initial recruitment of him. Apparently, Long had no problems at Penn State until his summer break away from school when he indecently assaulted a woman in an alcohol-related incident. Immediately thereafter, he voluntarily withdrew from Penn State.

Personally, I believe that Kevin Jackson and Cael Sanderson were both trying to help Andrew Long in their own respective ways. Based on how things turned out, it's obviously easy to scapegoat Sanderson. However, I think it's unwarranted as the two coaches had different relationships with Long, as well as his family. Perhaps Sanderson thought that a fresh start in a new environment and being a member of a team again woud be just what Long needed. And, that's a pretty common line of reasoning. (For example, in the ESPN documentary on Dan Gable, it was reported that Gable once said "If I didn't let this kid back on the team, what else would he have? This is the only thing he has in his life.")

So, while it's convenient to blame Sanderson, no one really knows how things would have turned out if he hadn't allowed Long to transfer. Perhaps he would have stayed in Iowa (whether as a member of the Iowa State team or not) and gotten into similar, or even worse, trouble. And, while Cornell would have likely benefited from Long's abscence at the NCAA's, that's not "proof" that they would have beaten Penn State. And, even if Long hadn't wrestled and Cornell had won the 2011 NCAA title, that's not "proof" that Sanderson's sole motivation in allowing him to transfer was for selfish reasons.

In the end, Long's story is a cautionary one about the dangers of alcohol abuse. To portray him as a "victim" of someone else does no one, especially Long, any good. Hopefully, he realizes that he is responsible for his behavior and is availing himself of the inmate alcohol program at the Centre County Correctional facility. I hope he is able to rehabilitate himself and become a productive member of society.

So what's your opinion of Brands now that Marion has been arrested again? Why is ok for Koll to keep George on the team now that there is a warning sign? These coaches (including KJ) all thought/think that they can get these guys turned around. Some times it works, some times it doesnt, but it's the same decision whether it works out or not.

Obviously, Brands and Koll are both lowbrows interested only in winning. And Jackson is no better, as his release of Long to Penn State is the reason Andrew is currently in jail. Only Sanderson is above reproach.

Either that, or - like you say - all of the above coaches think they are doing the right thing and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.

More information than the casual fan needs to know...Family the key word here!!!

Sorry, CT Mopar. I'm on the train now! :)

Sorry, CT Mopar. I'm on the train now! :)

;)

When have I said I hate Cael and PSU? When have I made up things? And most important when have I used 7th grade name calling? I gave the mathematical facts of the 2011 NCAA Tournament and simply said that "nuthuggin" by ANY teams fans, hence the fact that I referenced Willie, polarizes this forum. I cheer super hard for Wright and Dylan Alton and was a big fan of Molinaro. My one and only beef is how (it APPEARED to me Cael)handled the Jenkins situation. It put a sour taste in my mouth and made me cheer for Jenkins over Taylor inevitably making me not a Cael or Taylor fan. I respect them both and think they both are great for wrestling, I simply don't cheer for either.I guess it is much simpler to not have a skewed perspective when your team finishes near the bottom for so many years in a row.......

Easy there, "HurricaneWrestling" .... You just posted 4 full paragraphs, of reasonable thoughts, and some accurate observations ... Some of these guys, need to be spoon fed knowledge and reasonable observations, and analysis. Post's like this can be overwhelming!! icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_wink.gif

Legal Tip of The Day:

Did you guys know that Billy George could of been charged with battery for what he did to Nathaniel Brown. Some may say that it was during a wrestling match and simply a rules violation, however, any act outside the rules of competition opens up an individual to both criminal and civil liability. If the Brown family wanted to press charges, Mr. George could of faced at least a year in prison instead of being penciled in at 197 for Cornell this season.

Lettuce keep a little bit of focus in this thread. Remember how we got to this point?

Dake is an incredible talent. Although if he does become a 4 timer, he and Cornell will fail in the likes of Cael Sanderson/ISU in that despite how good he was, his coach just couldn't develop enough of the talent around him to get them above 2nd place.

The Billy George stuff is interesting to me, too. It doesn't exactly relate to recruiting another program's losers to assemble a championship team. Maybe fire up another thread?

Lettuce keep a little bit of focus in this thread. Remember how we got to this point?

Dake is an incredible talent. Although if he does become a 4 timer, he and Cornell will fail in the likes of Cael Sanderson/ISU in that despite how good he was, his coach just couldn't develop enough of the talent around him to get them above 2nd place.

The Billy George stuff is interesting to me, too. It doesn't exactly relate to recruiting another program's losers to assemble a championship team. Maybe fire up another thread?

If Perelli, Kerber, Lewnes, Bozak and Simaz get coached up to wrestle to their seeds, Penn State having Long probably isn't an issue.

Wow a Koll insult, nice. Took a situation where Cael willingly took on a bad apple and happily took his points and turned it into a diss on Koll's coaching. That was solid work right there Old Marine! I can't envision Fox News doing it any better my man!

Wow a Koll insult, nice. Took a situation where Cael willingly took on a bad apple and happily took his points and turned it into a diss on Koll's coaching. That was solid work right there Old Marine! I can't envision Fox News doing it any better my man!

I kid scribe and take subtle shots at his alma mater's program when I can.

Koll is a State College guy, I respect what he has done in Ithaca.

What I'd like to see at the All Star classic is a rematch between Bubba and David Taylor in freestyle.

No way can Bubba beat him in freestyle.

Dude Bubba is a beast in freestyle are you joking me? I didn't see David Taylor winning any junior world titles in freestyle.