Sign in to follow this  
wessegar

Stieber vs. Maple

Maple's length will pose a problem for Logan who doesn't have very good steups in neutral. On the mat Maple hasn't wrestled anyone as tough as Logan. Logan has not wrestled someone who can ride like Maple. If the Maple escapes without getting turned he wins, if he gets turned he loses. I'll pick Maple 4-2.

Maple's length will pose a problem for Logan who doesn't have very good steups in neutral. On the mat Maple hasn't wrestled anyone as tough as Logan. Logan has not wrestled someone who can ride like Maple. If the Maple escapes without getting turned he wins, if he gets turned he loses. I'll pick Maple 4-2.

I agree with most of this, just two points of issue:

1. I got Stieber 6-2

2. Saying that Logan doesn't have good setups in neutral is crazy talk. I will agree that he will frequently takes shots with little or no setup, but he rarely puts himself in bad position while doing so and it keeps constant pressure on his opponent. If the match was about stalling and just getting one takedown you would see that Logan's setups are fantastic. But, the name of the game for Logan is big scoring and he does this by shooting and shooting often. Then he attempts to rip your arms out of their sockets.

Maple's top ability should create a challenge for Logan. If it doesn't this match is not close.

Two studs. What a treat! In my opinion it depends on a few things. I just wish, it counted on their records, and they were both in mid season shape. Oliver was one year older than Maple. Maple is one year older than Stieber. I put this Stieber kid waaaaaaaaay up on the list of all-time greats. Something doesn't feel right with me having Oliver/Maple/Stieber all moving up the list of all time greats over the last two seasons. When you start talking about the top 150 all time, you usually don't get 6 of those in the same NCAA Championships! Dake, Ruth, Taylor, Oliver, Stieber, Maple...

Why do some of the Hawkeyes refer to Logan as "Steebler?"

As near as I can tell it's some kind of localized meme because a poster on HawkeyeReport got the name so wrong when writing it in a post, and a bunch of them thought it was funny and have stuck with it. JUst some harmless fun, I think.

Or it might be something Mudflap said.

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt Stieber have to weigh in at 141 or 142 even though the match is officially labled the 149 bout? Something to do with regulations or something as he is wrestling the season at 141? I heard that somewhere and just wanted to confirm either way.

Should be a close one, 5-3 Stieber

Correct me if im wrong but doesnt Stieber have to weigh in at 141 or 142 even though the match is officially labled the 149 bout? Something to do with regulations or something as he is wrestling the season at 141? I heard that somewhere and just wanted to confirm either way.

That puts him at a big disadvantage if true.

That might change my prediction if that is the case.

That puts him at a big disadvantage if true.

That might change my prediction if that is the case.

It is my understanding that if he wishes to wrestle 141 at the next event he will have to weigh-in at a weight that will allow his weight loss chart to be at 141 by the next date.

It reminds me of when Matt Brown wrestled at 174 a week after winning a match against Nebraska at 197. There were people that were saying he violated the rules since you have to follow the weight loss chart and can only bump up one weight. However Brown weighed in something like 174.2, which is over weight at 174 making it a 184 weigh in and able to bump up to 197, but is still acceptable weight loss to get back to 174 for the next dual.

They do have to follow the weight Managemnt progression rules. Both if these kids are putting it in the line and are great competitors. Have to give them and all those involved credit. It appears Logan is attempting to define himself similar to what Dake did last year.

They do have to follow the weight Managemnt progression rules. Both if these kids are putting it in the line and are great competitors. Have to give them and all those involved credit. It appears Logan is attempting to define himself similar to what Dake did last year.

it is my understanding that if he wishes to wrestle 141 at the next event he will have to weigh-in at a weight that will allow his weight loss chart to be at 141.

This is what i heard.

Sources close to Logan confirmed that he does indeed have to weigh in at 141 for this match. I dont think it will change the outcome. I wonder where Maples weight is at right now. If he is cutting down from 162-163....yeesh thats a tuffy.

Given that we have Ramos v Carter and Stieber v Maple, why are we stuck with Moreno v Taylor? No disrespect to Moreno but he's not the same caliber as Taylor. Couldn't we have gotten Taylor v Perry instead? Wouldn't that have been more compelling? (of course they might have tried and failed...)