Sign in to follow this  
RPKD

Cornell U Roster 2012-13

I just checked out the Cornell roster for 2012-13 and noticed that Alex Cisneros and Mark Grey are not listed. Does this mean they are taking a "gray shirt" this year and just wrestling for FLWC???

I just checked out the Cornell roster for 2012-13 and noticed that Alex Cisneros and Mark Grey are not listed. Does this mean they are taking a "gray shirt" this year and just wrestling for FLWC???

The term is Grey-Shirt not gray-shirt and for a reason.

From the pre-season newsletter, potential lineup:

125 Dixon / Garrett

133 Arujau

141 Nevinger

149 Villalonga

157 Dake

165 Peppleman / Eifert

174 Alexander / Cunningham / Pickett / O. Scott

184 Bosak

197 Bennett / George / Stalla / C Scott

285 Lane / Snyder / Phillips

No preference implied in the order listed!

Pena is deferring a year. He impressed in the room last season. Has a gas tank like Travis Lee reportedly.

There are some question marks at 125,174,197,HWT. I am confident whoever rises out of each weight will be very competitive nationally.

Gimp....are you guys still sore about that Cooperman hijacking! :-)

Gimp....are you guys still sore about that Cooperman hijacking! :-)

I'm only one guy. Won't speak for the rest of the crew. I was actually busting brother John's chops here.

Yes. They are deferring a year.

Are they not attending classes this year? I thought that there are no redshirts in the Ivy League. Do Harvard, Columbia, and Brown do this as well?

Yes. They are deferring a year.

Are they not attending classes this year? I thought that there are no redshirts in the Ivy League. Do Harvard, Columbia, and Brown do this as well?

Probably taking less than 12 credits, which means they are not enrolled as full time students. At least that is my guess....but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Typically for a so-called Grey Shirt (AKA Ivy shirt), in order to preserve eligibility, the athlete cannot be enrolled in any classes at the University during that semester or year. At Cornell, the practice corresponds to either a "defered enrollment" (in the case of incoming students) or a "voluntary leave of absence", both of which are available to any student. And yes, Harvard does it, Penn does it, and I presume the practice is used by the other Ivies.