Sign in to follow this  
DF

New-found bachlerhood is awesome (details inside)

Have a studio apartment all to myself.

Stayed up until about 5 a.m. watching Godzilla and re-runs of Sledge Hammer (

)

Took a break at around 2 a.m. to go to a 24-hour fast food joint down the block.

Woke up at around noon the next day. Went back to sleep for another couple of hours because I felt like it.

Fridge is empty except for the bare essentials.

Don't even have a bed...don't need one...just a mattress on the floor.

No longer have to answer to a wife.

Never have to go to another stale "dinner party" with other lame couples pretending to be interested in their meaningless small talk.

Never have to wake up early on the weekend to accompany her to some "craft fair" or some other equally trite social function.

No more in-laws. Ever.

It's about midnight now and I'm gearing up for another marathon session of Godzilla, 80's sitcoms, and the obligatory 2 a.m. fast food break.

This is what it's all about fellas. Could of been living it up like this for years, but I gave into the social/peer pressure to get married. Let my mistake be a lesson for those of you who are not yet married.

On the other hand, I woke at 6 this morning, stretched out in bed (elbow above head, arched back, toes reaching for footboard, long yawn), then picked up my phone from bedside table, and called my wife...she was downstairs in the kitchen. I said "Coffee?" and she said "yup" and brought me a cup....with the morning newspaper, and a couple butterscotch cookies.

On the other hand, I woke at 6 this morning, stretched out in bed (elbow above head, arched back, toes reaching for footboard, long yawn), then picked up my phone from bedside table, and called my wife...she was downstairs in the kitchen. I said "Coffee?" and she said "yup" and brought me a cup....with the morning newspaper, and a couple butterscotch cookies.

Similar here along with a little "grappling" to kick off the day.

Props for phoning in the coffee instead walking a few feet downstairs. Reminds me of the pic of Jads literally phoning in the coaching while he was at matside.

We're two peas in a pod, DF. Don't find many in this world who has the class to understand the comedic genius of Sledge Hammer. I was living in CA in those days, and loved the show! Gotta love the exaggerated .44 magnum (I think that's what it was, not a pistol guy myself) that he carried around.

304269.jpg

If calling downstairs to ask your wife to bring you coffee is supposed to be a reason for getting married, I fail to see the cost benefit analysis where the gain on coffee is proportionate to the loss in freedom and increased annoyance of having to deal with someone else's problems. I have a 2 arms and 2 legs.

I went to Bbq with 20 or so Co workers yesterday many of them with SOs never did I feel left out, in fact, I was quite happy to be alone. Fellas the potential of a hookup is always more interesting than actually catching her. Never has being with a woman made me happier than being alone, not once, as long as I can feed myself, and can occasionally bang a hottie here and there, single life is much better. George Cooney is my freaking idol.

We're two peas in a pod, DF. Don't find many in this world who has the class to understand the comedic genius of Sledge Hammer. I was living in CA in those days, and loved the show! Gotta love the exaggerated .44 magnum (I think that's what it was, not a pistol guy myself) that he carried around.

304269.jpg

Used to love that show. For the fans:

http://www.amazon.com/Sledge-Hammer-Com ... dge+hammer

I'm thinking of going after the old Route 66 show:

http://www.amazon.com/Route-66-Complete ... s=route+66

those are good details. im glad i peaked inside.

i've had old-found bachelorhood for a while now and i can attest to all its benefits. and if you live in a one bedroom or studio, getting coffee is not a big deal. its in the kurig machine just behind the couch. push a button and you have coffee.

the other nice thing is when you eat fast food, you dont have to be self conscious about leaving the wrappers out. married folks are always immediately cleaning up after themselves, like theyre terrified someone is going to judge their "home" for not being spotlessly maintained. as if i'm embarrassed if someone finds out i ate $20 worth of taco bell today. BFD, i'll do that 3 times a week sometimes. its a great life. pure freedom.

Similar here along with a little "grappling" to kick off the day.

I just love those early morning wrestle off's ... Nothing like gettin' the heartbeat up a few notches before that first cup of coffee... and no Ref to call stalling or illegal holds.

I'm getting envious of all of the reports of extra-curricular wrestling going on in your homes.

I've basically been relegated to non-starting status regarding that, and I find no hopes for the future that my status will change anytime soon.

Stayed up until about 5 a.m. watching Godzilla and re-runs of Sledge Hammer

It's about midnight now and I'm gearing up for another marathon session of Godzilla, 80's sitcoms, and the obligatory 2 a.m. fast food break.

This is what it's all about fellas. Could of been living it up like this for years, but I gave into the social/peer pressure to get married.

-----

Godzilla, 80's sitcoms and 2AM fast food... you lead a charmed life, DF!

I'm getting envious of all of the reports of extra-curricular wrestling going on in your homes.

I've basically been relegated to non-starting status regarding that, and I find no hopes for the future that my status will change anytime soon.

Shadow drill matches and hand fighting yourself.

While the thrill of the hunt and "freedom" are great, if you marry the right woman there is no way you trade her in for bachelorhood. Having a single buddy or 2 to sometimes live vicariously through and most other times keep proving that getting hitched was the way to go helps bridge over any infrequent rough patches.

My wife is awesome.

Ban....bring home a decent bottle of chilled wine and tell her how sweet she is to the eyes...then keep pouring.

and bathe. :P do those dishes too.

Ban....bring home a decent bottle of chilled wine and tell her how sweet she is to the eyes...then keep pouring.

and bathe. :P do those dishes too.

So, let me get this straight, the old hag that's been occupying my bed I must wine and dine in order to get some action on the mat? Not to mention now do gawd dayum chores? Again, pray tell, what the f... is the benefit to getting married? Ever! I mean ever? Not only will she not put out but now she won't leave. Ok ... sign me up. No wonder men die earlier than women you are all ....ing stupid.

So, you aren't man enough to keep yourself out of trouble ... and focused and ambitious enough unless someone is nagging you about when you'll get your next promotion? Let's get this straight you know why married men live longer because their wives simply won't let them die! A single man after years of peace and calm can say I've had enough , it's been a good run and goes about his merry way with a smile. And if he is lucky doing a turn on the mat with a young whipper snapper who's got him heaving and hawing into an explosive yet satisfying heart attack, contented with that smile upon face.

And he knows that not only did she not get half but he overall likely made less income in life but kept more of it for himself instead of yee old ball and chain!!!!

I dunno, maybe DF has a point here. Yesterday I politely asked my wife to pick up a 12 pack of cream soda for me, on her way home from work....."Dad's Cream Soda" I said, "not that A&W stuff". So what happens? She comes into the den where I am sitting in the recliner watching Season Two of Hell on Wheels, and sets down two 12-packs of A&W cream soda! I specifically said "DAD'S CREAM SODA...NOT A&W CREAM SODA" (think of Butch in Pulp Fiction, when Lemon Pie forgot his watch:

)

And not only that, but TWO 12-packs of that crap I have to drink now...sometimes it's just a lot of work being married.

I dunno, maybe DF has a point here. Yesterday I politely asked my wife to pick up a 12 pack of cream soda for me, on her way home from work....."Dad's Cream Soda" I said, "not that A&W stuff". So what happens? She comes into the den where I am sitting in the recliner watching Season Two of Hell on Wheels, and sets down two 12-packs of A&W cream soda! I specifically said "DAD'S CREAM SODA...NOT A&W CREAM SODA" (think of Butch in Pulp Fiction, when Lemon Pie forgot his watch:
)

And not only that, but TWO 12-packs of that crap I have to drink now...sometimes it's just a lot of work being married.

Back in bach days, you could give your friend h for picking up the wrong soda. That would be a bad tactical move with a girlfriend or a wife.

The big question is whether or not you go overboard with a "hey, this A&W is pretty good!" response. It might ease the tension, but you run the risk of getting the wrong order again.

It's better just to give a terse "thanks," and then throw it away when she's gone.

Have you ever slept so much that you're actually tired from having slept so much?

When I wake up and it's dark outside I don't know if it's about to be sunrise or already past sunset. Days blend into nights and nights blend into days.

Went to the grocery store in my pajamas at like 4 a.m. because I had a craving for some ice cream. Nobody at the store at that time, 'cept me and some half-asleep cashier.

Drove the empty deserted streets, past my old high school. Nothing but a memory now. Students there now weren't even born when I was a student there. All the guys I knew from back in the day are long gone, either in different cities, states, countries...or just gone. Maybe one day in the future a student there now will find himself roaming the 4 a.m. loneliness, wondering where the time and people went.

Back to my one-bedroom studio. This stupid, soulless one-bedroom studio.

Let me check what's going on in the interwebs. Hey, she's already deleted all the pics from her facebook account that had me in them. How quickly women move on. So much for all those vows of unconditional love. It's all a scam. All you have in this world is yourself when all's said and done.

I wonder what's happening at my favorite wrestling forum. Same old, same old. The usual back and forth bantering between the same old cast of characters. I wonder how many responses my last thread has gotten? I can't believe I got them again with another Jadidi-themed thread. Well over a decade and it still works.

It used to be so fun, sometimes had me howling with laughter like a mad man howls at the moon, when they'd get so angry at my threads. Maybe I should do a song parody, change some lyrics around in a sarcastic way, maybe that will make them laugh. Not tonight though, takes a bit too much energy to come up with that stuff, to write it, re-write, and re-write it again, energy I ain't got right now.

I guess I'll watch another episode of an 80's sitcom. Not so much because I particularly enjoy them but more because they bring back nostalgic memories. This episode is supposed to be real funny. Hey look somebody on the show is actually using a typewriter. Haven't seen one of those in a while...

DF, it's time to get moving- Bronson style:

http://www.amazon.com/Then-Came-Bronson ... +tv+series

"A Harley Roadster, a bedroll, a lonely stretch of highway: DF is traveling where the road and the day take him, trying to make sense of things after the breakup of his marriage. He doesn't go far along a magnificent stretch of California's coastal Big Sur before he meets Suzie Shagwell, a runway bride just as adrift as DF is. Together, they'll ride that Harley all the way to New Orleans. Together, they might find what they're looking for..."

Are you not entertained? Pure gold. BTW, I only got married so I could have kids ... and see them everyday. Marriage blows, but my two boys make my friggin' world. When I really get down about not being able to land some random strange, I throw on Old School and live vicariously through that movie for 2 hours. Still not the same.