Sign in to follow this  
DF

New-found bachlerhood is awesome (details inside)

It's almost midnight and I just woke up.

At least I think I did.

Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm awake and posting on this forum or if it's just a part of a dream.

Sometimes I think I'm in a dream state, a place very similar to the real world that we inhabit when not asleep. The only way I realize I'm not there is when people reply to my threads.

I don't know why they keep replying. I started a ridiculous thread in the international forum about paper champions. A completely absurd topic, but they keep replying, over and over again. Their replies bring me back to reality, a place I don't necessarily want to be right now.

I don't know if I'm writing this in a dream or if this is reality, but please stop replying. Please stop replying.

If calling downstairs to ask your wife to bring you coffee is supposed to be a reason for getting married, I fail to see the cost benefit analysis where the gain on coffee is proportionate to the loss in freedom and increased annoyance of having to deal with someone else's problems. I have a 2 arms and 2 legs.

I went to Bbq with 20 or so Co workers yesterday many of them with SOs never did I feel left out, in fact, I was quite happy to be alone. Fellas the potential of a hookup is always more interesting than actually catching her. Never has being with a woman made me happier than being alone, not once, as long as I can feed myself, and can occasionally bang a hottie here and there, single life is much better. George Cooney is my freaking idol.

I bet your "freaking idol" can text for early riser women to bring him coffee in the morning too. Then again, I don't have a 2 arms and 2 legs, so can't really relate with your perspective. I would enjoy you explaining to the fellas more benefits of hookups as opposed to catching women though - we're all pupil-faced high schoolers unaware of the pros involved with single life.

Brother DF, when you think you might be awake, "at the crack of noon", and are wondering if you really started a Godzilla thread, or whether it was just a dream....the answer is yes, there actually was a thread with many replies, and it was about to go viral, about to spiral into a 12 pager, when Richard Immel nuked it off the forum...there was a brief mushroom cloud, then only ash from the words that drifted away in the wind. Just like that, a whale surfacing near your life raft then sinking out of sight, leaving you wondering if it was ever really there.

I know I'm awake now, because I finally bought a bed.

Let me explain.

Each time I awake or think I awake, I intentionally roll out of bed right to the ground. Because in every dream I've ever had about falling out of bed, I always wake right up when I feel the free fall sensation.

They're still responding to my thread on the international forum. Like usual, the first few responses are directly to my original post then what happens is people start arguing among themselves about related topics and it just keeps going on and on from there. I've used that same Slay/Leipold gimmick many times before and people still get worked up over it now just as much as they did then.

Can't believe that match took place over a decade ago.

I was so bored last night that I opened up my old high school year book and searched online for my classmates and teachers to see what they're up to.

I wish I hadn't.

Most classmates had gone the usual route of middle aged overweightness, marriage, and such. Then I typed in one of my favorite teachers and the first page that came up was a memorial page. I tried to convince myself that a lot of people have the same name so it probably wasn't him, but I already knew it was.

*** ***, former teacher at *** high school, passed away at the age of 62.

Six decades and some change.

It's already been over a decade since the Slay/Leipold match.

It's already later than most of us think.

Ticking away the moments

That make up a dull day

Fritter and waste the hours

In an off-hand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground

In your home town

Waiting for someone or something

To show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine

Staying home to watch the rain

You are young and life is long

And there is time to kill today

And then the one day you find

Ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run

You missed the starting gun

(Solo)

And you run and you run

To catch up with the sun

But it's sinking

Racing around

To come up behind you again

The sun is the same

In a relative way

But you're older

Shorter of breath

And one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter

Never seem to find the time

Plans that either come to naught

Or half a page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in quiet desperation

Is the English way

The time is gone

The song is over

Thought I'd something more to say

Home

Home again

I like to be here

When I can

When I come home

Cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones

Beside the fire

Far away

Across the field

Tolling on the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To hear the softly spoken magic spell...

It's about half past 1 a.m.

I watched "Unforgiven" last night.

I don't understand why people claim it's the best Western ever.

It's a decent Western but there are many better, like the Spaghetti Westerns from back in the day.

I really like Gene Hackman though. He's been great in every movie he's ever done. Awesome voice too.

Now he's retired from acting and living out in New Mexico. I don't like that. I want him to do more movies. But I understand.

The old Indian actor who played Hackman's sidekick in "The Royal Tenenbaums" died yesterday.

One thing I don't get about "Unforgiven" is Hackman's line "I don't deserve this, to die like this, I was building a house."

I don't understand the building a house part.

It's about half past 1 a.m.

I watched "Unforgiven" last night.

I don't understand why people claim it's the best Western ever.

It's a decent Western but there are many better, like the Spaghetti Westerns from back in the day.

I really like Gene Hackman though. He's been great in every movie he's ever done. Awesome voice too.

Now he's retired from acting and living out in New Mexico. I don't like that. I want him to do more movies. But I understand.

The old Indian actor who played Hackman's sidekick in "The Royal Tenenbaums" died yesterday.

One thing I don't get about "Unforgiven" is Hackman's line "I don't deserve this, to die like this, I was building a house."

I don't understand the building a house part.

From Roger Ebert's review of the movie: (http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great ... given-1992)

There is one exchange in the movie that has long stayed with me. After he is fatally wounded, Little Bill says, "I don't deserve this. To die like this. I was building a house." And Munny says, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it." Actually, deserve has everything to do with it, and although Ned Logan and Delilah do not get what they deserve, William Munny sees that the others do. That implacable moral balance, in which good eventually silences evil, is at the heart of the Western, and Eastwood is not shy about saying so.

The best western ever is not Unforgiven, that title goes to Lonesome Dove...it's comparable to Cael vs Pat Smith. And Lonesome Dove has among it's many great villains (Frog Lip, Dan Suggs, Monkey John, Ermoke, Dog Face,etc.) , perhaps the greatest bad guy ever, Blue Duck.

Blue+Duck.jpg

About 5 a.m.

So many actors from 70s/80s sitcoms have passed away.

I look them up online after watching the sitcoms they were in. Lots of them did guest roles on other sitcoms that I never noticed before. Then their filmography just stops.

Started watching some Three's Company. Mr. Furley was the man.

Why don't they make any more good-natured shows like they did in the 70s/80s? Everything now is either mean-spirited or based on awkwardness to get laughs. Or so politically correct that it's void of any soul.

I'm running out of motivation. Mic yelling at Rocky to get up. Get up you bum!

I ain't got nothing left, Mic.

Sun's about to come up. Another day. Gonna go to sleep. I'll see you soon Ralph Furley.

I wonder what's happening at my favorite wrestling forum. Same old, same old. The usual back and forth bantering between the same old cast of characters. I wonder how many responses my last thread has gotten? I can't believe I got them again with another Jadidi-themed thread. Well over a decade and it still works.

So DF finally breaks character and admits he's trolling with his threads?

I wonder what's happening at my favorite wrestling forum. Same old, same old. The usual back and forth bantering between the same old cast of characters. I wonder how many responses my last thread has gotten? I can't believe I got them again with another Jadidi-themed thread. Well over a decade and it still works.

So DF finally breaks character and admits he's trolling with his threads?

Well his character is about to execute the ultimate self-pin. He has some things to get off his chest before he goes.

it was ok when it was better that was because it was before. they said because it was there that they were sure. how did they go over there though is because it was there. it always was on the way. i was there so I know they were the same. it's there you can find it when you are alone late at night. i don't belong here I have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to go over there i have to

Talib Kweli - Reflection Eternal

Coming into a new millenium, can't forget our elders

I got off the Two train in Brooklyn, on my way to a session

Said "Let me help this woman up the stairs" before I get to steppin'

We got in a conversation, she said she a hundred and seven

Just her presence was a blessing, and her essence was a lesson

She had her head wrapped and long dreads that peeked out the back

Like antenna to help her to get a sense of where she was at

Imagine that, living a century, the strength of her memories

Felt like an angel Heaven sent to me

SHE LIVED FROM NGGR TO COLORED TO NEGRO TO BLACK TO AFRO

THEN AFRICAN-AMERICAN THEN RIGHT BACK TO NGA

You'd figure she'd be bitter in a twilight, be she aight

Cause she done seen the circle of life

Yo, my skin is black like it's packed with melanin

Back in the days of slaves she'd be packin' like Harriet Tubman

And, my arms are long like she moves like a song

Feet with corns, hands with calluses but the heart is warm

And, my hair is wooly and attract a lot of energy

Even negative she gotta dead that the head wrap is a remedy (and)

My back is strong she far from a vagabond

This is the back the master's whip used to crack upon

Strong enough to take all the pain that's been inflicted

Again and again and again and again and then flip it

To the love for her children, nothing else matters

What do they call her, they call her Aunt Sarah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrBjLw-6wvM

Another season soon to start.

Everybody wants to be champ. Dreaming about being the best in their weight.

All for what?

Some congratulations, a shiny medal.

And then?

Nothing.

Right back to where you were.

Do you remember who was champ a decade ago? I didn't think so.

Your achievement eventually lost to the sands of time.

It's a sham. A hoax.

You never enjoyed wrestling.

Nobody does.

We just did it because.

Nobody's having fun out there.

Even the champs look defeated.

Captain, shall we change course?

No navigator, stay the course straight ahead.

Iceberg straight ahead, Captain!

Turn starboard side!

Aye Aye, Captain!

We are not going to make it, Captain!

Starboard side, hard!

We are hit!

Mayday! Mayday! We are going down!

Man the rafts! Women and children first!

Life rafts away!

All persons evacuated, Captain! Let's go too.

You go my son. Too late for me.

Besides, Captain always goes down with his ship.

Down

Down

Down

Spiraling down.

It's quiet down here.

Down here again.

Hello my friend, Nihilism.

I was wondering when I'd meet you again.

I stayed the course.

But you found me again.

Another season soon to start.

Everybody wants to be champ. Dreaming about being the best in their weight.

All for what?

The best western ever is not Unforgiven, that title goes to Lonesome Dove...it's comparable to Cael vs Pat Smith. And Lonesome Dove has among it's many great villains (Frog Lip, Dan Suggs, Monkey John, Ermoke, Dog Face,etc.) , perhaps the greatest bad guy ever, Blue Duck.

Blue+Duck.jpg

Medicine_Man ..... WOW!! I agree 150% with you. Lonesome Dove has actually made my eyes water up and leak ... Have it on CD and VHS. Sometimes my wife an i will "Cut the Cards" .... Yuk .. Yuk ... Yuk... She get's a kick out of it, (as well as I) :o

Saving Private Ryan is my #2 ..

I've used those very words to describe Lonesome Dove: "The best Western ever made."

Robert Duvall as Gus McCrae and Tommy Lee Jones as Woodrow Call- it don't get any better:

Gus McCrae: "A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough."

Woodrow Call: [after beating a man nearly to death for hitting Newt he climbs on his horse and looks at the horrified towns people] "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."