Hawkeye wrestler Busted!

I shot an arrow into the air,

It fell to earth, I knew not where;

For, so swiftly it flew, the sight

Could not follow it in its flight.

And then I found it firmly stuck

Into the body of a duck.

Apologies to HW Longfellow

Not because I loathe everything Hawkeyes, but I hope they throw the book at this weasel. To us folks who hunt and follow all game laws religiously, it's clown like this that give us a bad name and making hunting more difficult for those who follow the law.

These are game birds, for God's sake.

Game birds??? they ought to open the season for mallards and Canada geese....cah rap they are everywhere.

Sure, fine him...but throw the book at him? its not like he's downtown, getting hammered and speeding through town.

This is kid's stuff.

Game birds??? they ought to open the season for mallards and Canada geese....cah rap they are everywhere.

Sure, fine him...but throw the book at him? its not like he's downtown, getting hammered and speeding through town.

This is kid's stuff.

You apparently don't hunt, eh? So, you support people violating game laws?

Yes, Canada geese ARE everywhere, but mallard numbers are a fraction of what they once were.

Lofthouse told police he was an avid hunter and had intended to eat the duck

For some reason, this quote reminds me of the story when Gable found one of his wrestlers (Barry Davis?) at a convenience store, fixing to fall off the weight cutting wagon the night before weigh-ins.

Ban is right. Mallards use to be plentiful, but they aren't so plentiful any more. I have no problem with hunting birds in season according to the rules, but we have a hard enough time trying support game populations without poachers messing things up. My guess is that "throwing the book at him" will mean a BIG fine like $x,xxx. I do like the 'duck under" jokes, though.

I did write "fine him", didn't I?

I don't hunt, but I do fish. Big A muskies ;-)

Come north to Wisconsin and help eradicate these mud ducks ( mallards, coots, and the like). There's bird crap everywhere!

As for Lofthouse, the punishment will fit the crime....did you also want Barry Alvarez's kid to do five years hard time for nuking a parrot? Geeze louise.

By the way....an arrow shot on a duck is a pretty tough shot in my humble opinion....the man has skills.

Well, Lofthouse may get kicked off the wrestling team (conjecture, of course), but at least he'll find himself a home on the archery team!

Yes, kicked off the team. Just like Marion and Slaton, oh wait...

Yeah, I wasn't serious that he'd be kicked off the wrestling team. Just stating that he could always find a home with Robin Hood!