Sign in to follow this  
FATMANROLL

Hawkeye wrestler Busted!

Walleyes are a different story! There's no throwing them back for me, but I also don't fish them very often. Never liked them much as a "fighting" fish. Kind of like reeling up a big log. :)

I'm almost exclusively a smallmouth and trout fisherman.

I used to fish for smallmouth and trout in Allamakee and Clayton counties back when I lived in IA, but I don't like eating them, so I let them go. I grew up on the Cedar, and I fished for,everything as a kid.

Like you, I really like eating walleyes, but I don't enjoy fishing for them so much, unless it's with other folks. Perch and crappies are good eating, too.

Weird; aside from the fact that I didn't GROW UP on the Cedar, I could have almost written this post! I trout fish in those counties as well, but in Delaware county, more often than not. I also don't like eating any of them, mainly because I think I'm allergic to trout (and salmon).

I pretty much live right on the Cedar-less than a mile away-so I do a lot of my fishing there, especially for smallmouth. In recent years, the Cedar, as well as the Shell Rock, have been producing some MONSTER walleyes; bigger than what you can even catch on the Mississippi. I have included a link to some pictures of them below. The first two pictures are of BIG Cedar River walleyes.

And, yes, crappies are my favorite fish to eat, even slightly more than walleyes, believe it or not.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnrfishing/8233567872/

SO .. Mom and Dad grew up in Iowa, and Mom lived near the Cedar river. After College ( Iowa Teachers) they moved to the Seattle area, and bought 60 acres on ... (you guessed it) the Cedar River that dumps out eventually by the original Boeing plant.

It seems completely odd to me that people actually see a duck walking through a back yard, and in a residential neighborhood no less, and find it entertaining to shoot it with anything other than a camera.

Like generations before him, Ethan said he was hungry and was going to eat the duck. Residential neighborhoods didn't exist when the Lofthouse clan came to America.

It seems completely odd to me that people actually see a duck walking through a back yard, and in a residential neighborhood no less, and find it entertaining to shoot it with anything other than a camera.

Like generations before him, Ethan said he was hungry and was going to eat the duck. Residential neighborhoods didn't exist when the Lofthouse clan came to America.

Did they come by boat, or did they use the land bridge up North?

Did they come by boat, or did they use the land bridge up North?

Excellent question. http://www.houseofnames.com/lofthouse-family-crest

Maybe the last time you saw a duck was at a Chinese restaurant with hoisin sauce. Mmmmm.

As someone who regularly shoots over 300 Geese a year, over 500 muskrats as well as a few hundred skunks, raccoons, gophers, squirrels and a few beaver - scattered among a few dozen coyote - what is the big deal about one damn mallard duck in a tame city setting?

He probably did a big favor to the area in nailing the poop machine and is helping by being responsible enough to eat the thing afterward.

Paranoia is rampant - hunting, shooting and just having fun is getting more difficult all the time.

As someone who regularly shoots over 300 Geese a year, over 500 muskrats as well as a few hundred skunks, raccoons, gophers, squirrels and a few beaver - scattered among a few dozen coyote - what is the big deal about one damn mallard duck in a tame city setting?

He probably did a big favor to the area in nailing the poop machine and is helping by being responsible enough to eat the thing afterward.

Paranoia is rampant - hunting, shooting and just having fun is getting more difficult all the time.

How do you shoot muskrat? That's quite the feat, one would guess.

Do you work the kill floor in a varmint packing plant? I didn't know such places existed!

Do you work the kill floor in a varmint packing plant? I didn't know such places existed!

This is the guy who thinks frowning at a child is abuse.