Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

What's your area's name for this move?

Lots of names for that one. When I was taught that my coach called it a crunch. I've also heard it called a tomahawk, "right move", and cow catcher. I've heard it called a cement mixer but generally I call it a cement mixer when they roll it under, Rob Rohn style.

We always considered a cement mixer when you were trying to use the underhook to push the guy over (like in the video), and when he resists too hard taking it in the other direction and rolling over your back to put him on his

We call it "move used by strong kids in middle school that doesn't work at the next level and usually causes those strong kids to not develop technique and ultimately quit the sport. " 2nd worse move to teach kids after the head lock. (Until they know the fundamentals. )

We call it "move used by strong kids in middle school that doesn't work at the next level and usually causes those strong kids to not develop technique and ultimately quit the sport. " 2nd worse move to teach kids after the head lock. (Until they know the fundamentals. )

You hit the nail on the head!

The community I grew up in loves this move at the youth level. They always have some dominate youth wrestlers but a lot leave the sport by middle school when strength and technique changes.

my high school coach who wrestled for Ed Gallagher called it a front head chancer. If you lock both hands in the far armpit it is a double-double. Wayne Wells did this move so often in college his nickname was "Double Double Wells.

Cement mixer or job is when you roll onto your back with a front head chancer, or a front headlock.

Duwane Miller OU 1961 NCAA champ came up with the side headlock and inside flanker, which he calls a "head cradle". I've seen several posts from people in the east calling this a "Merkle", but no one has ever been able to tell me who Merkle was or when it was developed there.

I've seen several posts from people in the east calling this a "Merkle", but no one has ever been able to tell me who Merkle was or when it was developed there.

Merkle is different. You could call it a "side headlock" if you wanted to be descriptive.

I have heard all the names mentioned. I used to call it the Cow Catcher until I started coaching at school and they called it a Cement Job and the Cement Mixer is what Rob Rohn did against Lambrecht. The Gator Roll was always taught from a front Head Lock with the arm trapped in the headlock not with the it underhooked.

In central PA we called it a chancery and/or cemet job.

If you run your front head lock series correctly, pulling your opponent's upper arm up and across his face and the opponent pulls back, this move is still effective.

It worked for me a couple of times in college (against D1 and D2 competition) and I have seen it work well for others.

It is only a mickey mouse move when it is forced with an underhook from a front headlock...

Also, what Rohn hit, we call a cement mixer