Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Intermat Rankings

MN is 3 because they don't have Steinhaus listed in the rankings because he is injured. Once he returns(assuming he returns to form) I would suspect MN will leap frog Iowa. I was initially surprised to see Iowa at 2 as well, but there is still a lot of mystery heading into the season. I don't see them being in that spot all season.

You can add 50 to that total...Folks we're done playing...The PSU "Train" is just starting...We'll get it shined up for 2013 then move into 2014...Don't blame the PSU fans for the pounding that will come...If you score then maybe you'll be the conversation of discussion...Iowa 2nd is a joke they are done for the short term and maybe for good...Some Eastern programs have...

P.S. :D :D :D

I don't understand how ohio state is so low.

Just two top-eight wrestlers, and five top-20s in total. Here's the point values for each ranked wrestler:

#17 Johnni DiJulius (133): .5

#1 Logan Stieber (141): 20

#13 Ian Paddock (149): 1.5

#12 Kenny Courts (184): 2

#6 Nick Heflin (197): 9

.5+20+1.5+2+9=33, which puts them tied for eleventh with Cornell.

The scale, for those wondering, is 20-16-13.5-12.5-10-9-6.5-5.5-2-2-2-2-1.5-1.5-1.5-1.5-.5-.5-.5-.5

I don't understand how ohio state is so low.

Redshirting Hunter Stieber, Bo Jordan and Nate Tomasello. Josh Demas out indefinitely with injury. Tessari and Campolattano are gone.

Best starters: Logan, Heflin (up two weights), Paddock, Courts and DiJulius. Rest: Nick Roberts, Nick Tavanello, Mark Martin.

If Derek Garcia and Josh Demas weren't hurt, this would be a good team. Without them, however, Bucks are going to get crushed every dual at 157 and 165. Rest of lineup will range from good to serviceable. They'll be like a Purdue (if Purdue had Logan Stieber).

Bucks plan is to put a squad on the mat in 14-15 that can go after a title.

Tomasello

DiJulius

Logan

Hunter

Demas

BoJo

Martin

Courts

Snyder

Haines/Tavanello

Not sure who the drunks are over at Intermat. Iowa right behind PSU? You have got to be kidding me. :lol:

You must have me confused with somebody else. I don't drink.

While I don't do the individual rankings, I do calculate the team rankings based on the individual rankings at each weight class. Add them up using the points table provided above.

All of the coaches from fully funded, DI schools with 9.9 scholarships should actually bow down before Tim Flynn at Edinboro! They should give Flynn part of their salary or booster money, kneel down, kiss his hand and turn and walk away in shame.

DII school by enrollment with 5.5 scholarships with an AD that holds the program to the letter of the NCAA law and consistently out performs the big DI schools. Tim Flynn should get coach of the year at least once in his career, it's a shame that it likely will never happen.

I don't necessarily disagree with the rankings, but OU has 6 not 5 former AAs in the lineup this year

Jared Patterson - 125

Corey Brewer - 133

Nick Lester - 141

Kendric Maple - 149

Andrew Howe -174

Travis Rutt - 197

Maple and Howe have been NCAA champs and are favored to win this year. That is 40+points for those two. I think OU can score as many as 100 points. We do host the tournament, so PSU and IOWA won't have the majority of the crowd as they did in Philly and DesMoines.