Sign in to follow this  
ocho

Sam Stoll to Iowa

Iowa lands another top recruit from MN.

Sam Stoll-

It's been a long recruiting process but I know I made the right decision. I will be attending the University of Iowa next year. #GOHAWKS!

Broc Berge, Ben Berhow, Seth Gross, and now Sam Stoll. How long before we see an all Minnesota team and coaching staff?

It's my understanding from Minnesotans back home that Berge won't be one of those vying for a starting spot anytime soon at Iowa, as well as Jamie Heidt, Berge's coach, won't be consulted too much in the future for Iowa recruits.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean about them not consulting Heidt in the future? He is a former Hawkeye so I would assume anytime his school, Kasson-Mantorville, has a top prospect that they will give him a call. Berge's little brother Brady will most likely be a top recruit when he is a senior. As a MN fan I would LOVE it if Iowa doesn't bother recruiting him.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean about them not consulting Heidt in the future? He is a former Hawkeye so I would assume anytime his school, Kasson-Mantorville, has a top prospect that they will give him a call. Berge's little brother Brady will most likely be a top recruit when he is a senior. As a MN fan I would LOVE it if Iowa doesn't bother recruiting him.

I don't follow high school wrestling, so I wouldn't know him from Adam, but highly trusted sources of mine back home (MN) told me that he just isn't going to be DI and/or Iowa material at all.

As a result, if Heidt was trying to sell Iowa on him, Iowa may be a little leery in the future.

I don't follow high school wrestling, so I wouldn't know him from Adam, but highly trusted sources of mine back home (MN) told me that he just isn't going to be DI and/or Iowa material at all.

As a result, if Heidt was trying to sell Iowa on him, Iowa may be a little leery in the future.

Iowa can be as leary as they want if it keeps em out of MN

It is pretty obvious that you do know very little about Heidt.

Understand that my post isn't about Heidt, but, you'd be right: I know virtually nothing about him. I'm only reporting what I was told about Berge.

Not knowing much has never slowed you down in the past.

It is pretty obvious that you do know very little about Heidt.

Understand that my post isn't about Heidt, but, you'd be right: I know virtually nothing about him. I'm only reporting what I was told about Berge.

Exactly, and nor did it this time either, did it? As I said, Heidt isn't the point of the post, so I didn't need to know much about Heidt.

Keep up the good detective work! :P

Exactly, and nor did it this time either, did it? As I said, Heidt isn't the point of the post, so I didn't need to know much about Heidt.

Keep up the good detective work! :P

Maybe we're just doubting your trusted sources. Rumor and hearsay are only as good as the truth behind them. Maybe you won't be consulting them in the future either. ;)

I know nothing about any of these guys, but if Coach Brands thinks this kid is worth recruiting, that is good enough for me. I do see that both these guys get good rankings on the Intermat and Open Mat recruiting rankings. I think that we should also keep in mind that very few recruits end up becoming All-Americans. That's why this distinction is still so special.

That's weird that a storied program that prides themselves in developing talent, would already know in early October (RF year) that a top recruit isn't going to pan out.

----

I was thinking the same thing. If you've been on these boards long enough, you often see where a predicted "sure thing" doesn't pan out that way. High school phenoms, some predicted to win multiple titles, don't reach AA status. Other guys come in under the radar, and surprise everyone with great performances.

Time will tell how Berge will pan out. But it's premature and silly to write off his chances at success before he even wrestles a collegiate match.

ban,

I just thought I should mention you don't know that much about Heidt. Just in case you weren't told enough times.

In the event that you missed it in the above, I thought that I'd provide this little tidbit for you:

"Understand that my post isn't about Heidt, but, you'd be right: I know virtually nothing about him. I'm only reporting what I was told about Berge."

Translation: no one needed to tell me that I know nothing about him. I don't.

ban,

I just thought I should mention you don't know that much about Heidt. Just in case you weren't told enough times.

In the event that you missed it in the above, I thought that I'd provide this little tidbit for you:

"Understand that my post isn't about Heidt, but, you'd be right: I know virtually nothing about him. I'm only reporting what I was told about Berge."

Since you persist in telling us how much you don't know about Heidt, I provide this and you can do your own research. He did pretty well for being a one-time starter.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-w ... 03136.html

ban,

Since you persist in telling us how much you don't know about Heidt, I provide this and you can do your own research. He did pretty well for being a one-time starter.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-w ... 03136.html

Thanks (I guess :roll: ), but it doesn't change what someone thinks will happen in Kasson and Iowa City.

I also "persisted" because dansabin seemed to find it necessary to remind me that I didn't know him, yet I readily acknowledged that in this thread.