Sign in to follow this  
ocho

Ethan Lizak to Minnesota

3 Time PA finalist and #61 overall recruit commits to wrestle for the Gophers. He projects at 125 pounds. He also considered Penn State, Nebraska, North Carolina and Pitt.

I think Lizak made a great choice. MN needed to bring in more talented lower weights and that's what they did. He will have a chance to make this team and help keep MN's tradition alive.

Going to school 1,500 miles from home in the frozen tundra seems like a recipe for transfer

Are we talking about Lizak or Nevills?

Burn! If only Penn State had a capable Heavyweight recruit from PA they could have landed...Oh wait...

what D1 program has the best objective location? all the top schools have pretty dismal weather. actual schools and their wrestling teams notwithstanding, my vote for best locale is probably for the Citadel, altho I could be convinced Cal Poly is nicer, since i don't know much about San Luis Opispo.

Best objective location -- that would be Arizona State University wouldn't it?

if youre just picking locations, i think im still taking Charleston, SC over Tempe, AZ. Now take into account the schools' student body and I think the 35K Arizona coeds vs a couple hundred female cadets sways my opinion in the other direction.

what D1 program has the best objective location? all the top schools have pretty dismal weather. actual schools and their wrestling teams notwithstanding, my vote for best locale is probably for the Citadel, altho I could be convinced Cal Poly is nicer, since i don't know much about San Luis Opispo.

Hawaii would be a great place to wrestle. However, there are a couple glaring issues and obstacles to overcome.

I would vote for Arizona .... Best location IMO.

Hawaii would be a great place to wrestle. However, there are a couple glaring issues and obstacles to overcome.

Am I correct in assuming that one of those glaring obstacles is that there's no college wrestling in Hawaii?