Sign in to follow this  
Brutus81

Cael: "This might be our best team yet."

Why are so many so confident in Gulibon AA'ing? He is very talented but at the end of last year he was losing to 3 other redshirts in Mango, Beckman and Grey. Even if he reverses all 3 he still has Ramos, Graff, Shopp, Morrison, Brewer, Thorn and Colon as established wrestlers ahead of him. That doesn't even include someone like Quiroga who could catch fire or any other surprise wrestler or someone who gets the better "DRAW". I am not saying that he could not AA, since I absolutely think he could. I do, however, think the current talent at 133 would put him more likely to not AA.

I agree here. 133 is arguably the deepest weight even with Steiber gone.

I think Guilbon is the real deal but even 4 time PIAA'ers could possibly not AA 4 times.

Tony Ramos

Tyler Graff

Ryan Mango

A.J. Schopp

Jon Morrison

Cody Brewer

David Thorn

Joe Colon

Mark Grey

Mason Beckman

Jimmy Gulibon

George DiCamillo

Zane Richards

Nick Wilcox

Shelton Mack

"he was losing to 3 other redshirts in Mango, Beckman and Grey."

Always amusing when someone can't admit when they were wrong :lol:

Did you read my response? I said the transitive property may not apply, which MEANS that Grey did NOT

directly BEAT Gulibon. HOWEVER, is it not safe to say that when you take 1st in an END OF THE YEAR tournament you beat(although not head to head) the guy who took 4th? Especially when you beat both guys who HANDLED the 4th place finisher?

I even ADMITTED that Grey was 0-2 against Gulibon. You again cherry pick my words by CHANGING what I MEANT. AGAIN I admit Grey was 0-2 LAST year losing to Gulibon both times in OT. I Will then STILL stand by my MEANING and change my WORDING so that the MEANING does not ESCAPE you. Here goes. GULIBON FINISHED BEHIND ALL 3 REDSHIRTS AT THE END OF THE YEAR.

Again, what was Gulibon's record against Beckman?

MSU, they are all a year more seasoned and anything can happen. Any of them could come out and beat any of the others. I think we all know that.

I am not in ANY way disagreeing with what you said. My first post even said that I think he COULD AA. I simply pointed out that the way last year ENDED you would have to say he would be more likely to not AA. I also asked why so many were so positive he would AA. I have no issue with anyone picking him to AA. I simply wanted to know if someone had more info why versus a FEELING that he would.

MSU, they are all a year more seasoned and anything can happen. Any of them could come out and beat any of the others. I think we all know that.

I am not in ANY way disagreeing with what you said. My first post even said that I think he COULD AA. I simply pointed out that the way last year ENDED you would have to say he would be more likely to not AA. I also asked why so many were so positive he would AA. I have no issue with anyone picking him to AA. I simply wanted to know if someone had more info why versus a FEELING that he would.

He's a very good wrestler. Whether or not he AA's nobody knows. I just know he is good enough to beat any of the guys mentioned in this thread, so he's got a nice shot at this year, and if not this year then probably next. I'm going to enjoy watching him and all the rest of the team go at it.

Do you think Clark from Iowa can AA? Gulibon beat him twice after their Sr. years in h.s.

I feel terrible for everyone who tries to talk to Tigsy. Just so happens this time it's MSU. You are wasting your time bro. So this isn't a waste of my time I'll say I do like the chances of Beckman, Grey, Mango, Gulibon, and maybe even Inzane Richards to AA. Obviously I don't think they'll all AA but maybe 2 of them will. I'll bet the guys ranked 1-8 right now aren't your 8 AAs. MSU, do yourself a favor bro don't even try to talk sense to Tigs. Trust me.

You live rent free in my favorite message board for sure. I'd call out anyone who says ignorant things, in real life and message board life, it just happens that you need called out the most on this message board. It's nothing personal and I don't expect you to become intelligent overnight but I'm still not going to let you get away with being an idiot when MSU made PERFECT sense!!! I'm in a very confrontational business and I rather enjoy it. Be smart and you won't hear from me Tigsy. Why don't you be useful and get us the scoop on what's wrong with Ed Ruth. Ed is the highest returning point scorer on my fantasy team and I can not have a long Ruth absence. Thanks in advance for your efforts. Stay smart bro.

P.S.-Who goes in Ruth's spot if he's out? How good or bad is the backup?

You live rent free in my favorite message board for sure. I'd call out anyone who says ignorant things, in real life and message board life, it just happens that you need called out the most on this message board. It's nothing personal and I don't expect you to become intelligent overnight but I'm still not going to let you get away with being an idiot when MSU made PERFECT sense!!! I'm in a very confrontational business and I rather enjoy it. Be smart and you won't hear from me Tigsy. Why don't you be useful and get us the scoop on what's wrong with Ed Ruth. Ed is the highest returning point scorer on my fantasy team and I can not have a long Ruth absence. Thanks in advance for your efforts. Stay smart bro.

Is it Andrew Church? There are worse backups out there...

He's a very good wrestler. Whether or not he AA's nobody knows. I just know he is good enough to beat any of the guys mentioned in this thread, so he's got a nice shot at this year, and if not this year then probably next. I'm going to enjoy watching him and all the rest of the team go at it.

Do you think Clark from Iowa can AA? Gulibon beat him twice after their Sr. years in h.s.

Clark is at a different weight than Gulibon. He has proven himself against some of the top 125lbrs. Gulibon has yet to do that at 133. I have NO doubt that he CAN. The ONLY thing I MEANT is what he did last year made me wonder why so many talk as if he is almost a guarantee to AA. Being a MSU fan has made me take a reserved approach to who should and will AA. Especially when it comes to freshman. I was never intending to slight Gulibon. Every post I have said he has a good chance to AA. I see him more as a R16 or R12 wrestler going into the season and would not be surprised if he proves me wrong.

I feel terrible for everyone who tries to talk to Tigsy. Just so happens this time it's MSU. You are wasting your time bro. So this isn't a waste of my time I'll say I do like the chances of Beckman, Grey, Mango, Gulibon, and maybe even Inzane Richards to AA. Obviously I don't think they'll all AA but maybe 2 of them will. I'll bet the guys ranked 1-8 right now aren't your 8 AAs. MSU, do yourself a favor bro don't even try to talk sense to Tigs. Trust me.

Thank you, fine sir! I don't mind a good debate but I don't really want to end up in message board confrontations. For the most part the people that frequent this board know their wrestling and it helps to stay up to date with what is going on at the DI level. I have always been a "numbers guy" so I sometimes get surprised by some of the fanatics who expect everyone to agree with their expectations. Good luck to your Iowa boys this year. I became a Brands fan when he "stole" Metcalf from the state of Michigan (not that I really thought State had a chance). The injury bug bit Iowa at the end of last year and I am really interested to see if they can challenge PSU this year.

Would be nice to see it happen. But, injury, illness, underperforming at the Big Dance. All take a toll. Remember, Taylor has a history of losing his final match of the year... ;-)>

You sound full of yourself, and arrogant, neither of which are admirable qualities. You should check that oversized ego of yours at the door and start thinking before you post. You'd come off a lot better that way.

Clark is at a different weight than Gulibon. He has proven himself against some of the top 125lbrs. Gulibon has yet to do that at 133. I have NO doubt that he CAN. The ONLY thing I MEANT is what he did last year made me wonder why so many talk as if he is almost a guarantee to AA. Being a MSU fan has made me take a reserved approach to who should and will AA. Especially when it comes to freshman. I was never intending to slight Gulibon. Every post I have said he has a good chance to AA. I see him more as a R16 or R12 wrestler going into the season and would not be surprised if he proves me wrong.

I know that Clark is at a different weight than Gulibon, but I pointed that out just to illustrate where the two wrestlers were just one year ago. 133 is stacked, but Jimmy has loads of talent. It will be fun to watch for certain.

You sound full of yourself, and arrogant, neither of which are admirable qualities. You should check that oversized ego of yours at the door and start thinking before you post. You'd come off a lot better that way.

TBar, you reach the point where you just have to ignore Gonzo. As you see here, he will take the side of someone who was flat out wrong with his facts just to oppose me. Again, it's all rather amusing, especially when he tries to tell everyone how smart he is despite the fact his posts usually sound like a 12 year wrote them. As for his "confrontational business", I am guessing meter maid :P

Gonzo, from here on out, you shall be known as the meter maid of the forum. Keep up the good work policing "your favorite message board" dirty harry, or should we call you Rita? :lol:

TBar, you reach the point where you just have to ignore Gonzo. As you see here, he will take the side of someone who was flat out wrong with his facts just to oppose me. Again, it's all rather amusing, especially when he tries to tell everyone how smart he is despite the fact his posts usually sound like a 12 year wrote them. As for his "confrontational" business, I am guessing meter maid. :P

Wow you don't respond to me but use this message as a way to state I was flat out wrong with my facts? Plural? The ONLY fact you can state I was wrong about the 10 people I put ahead of him was that Grey was 0-2 against Gulibon head to head. I then pointed out what I meant was that at the END OF THE YEAR Gulibon finished 4th at the same tournament Grey finished 1st. Grey beat BOTH guys Gulibon got HANDLED by. I will again state GREY is 0-2 against Gulibon but at THE END OF THE YEAR looked to be AHEAD OF HIM.

Also, what was Gulibon's record against Beckman? You want to state I was flat out wrong with my facts then ANSWER me. Of the other NINE guys I originally mentioned who did Gulibon beat? Hard to say my facts are flat out wrong when you cherry pick ONE person after I ELABORATED on EXACTLY what I meant.

Hey by the way, what was his record against Beckman?

"he was losing to 3 other redshirts in Mango, Beckman and Grey."

Webster's definition of Losing: To fail to win.

Gulibon's record against Grey was 2-0.

Always amusing when someone can't admit when they were wrong.

Wow are you really this dense? Go back through my responses I have ADMITTED that Grey was 0-2 against Gulibon FOUR TIMES! I then TYPED in GREAT DETAIL what was meant by what I said. You again refuse to debate the WHOLE argument by twisting one little part that I HAVE NOT argued with you about. I hate to say it but Dr. Gonzo is right about you. There is NO way to get you to talk about THE WHOLE thing. You look for the tiniest thing to deflect the WHOLE point.

Oh and by USING your Webster's quote you FURTHER proved my point. At the NCO Grey won by NOT failing to win, while Gulibon LOST by taking 4th AND FAILING to win not ONCE but TWICE in the SAME tournament that Grey DID NOT fail to win.

Oh and by the way, what was Gulibon's record against Beckman?