Sign in to follow this  
Brutus81

Cael: "This might be our best team yet."

I've said it many times. I like the way Penn St. wrestles and I certainly respect winning. Ed Ruth is my favorite collegiate wrestler. I've seen Retherford extensively and I believe he's going to be VERY GOOD! The fans are horrible. I really don't remember the Oklahoma St. fans being this bad when they had their run (some people say they were but I was here and I don't remember it that way). I had to sit with the PSU fans at Nationals and in particular right by David Taylor and his family and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Tigsy is Taylor's dad. Suffice it to say it was an eye opening experience but I won't let a moronic group of fans ruin what I see on the mat. PSU is the top dog until someone stops them and I'm just going to keep confronting their idiotic fans every time they say something wrong and stupid. Simple as that.

I had to sit with the PSU fans at Nationals and in particular right by David Taylor and his family and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Tigsy is Taylor's dad.

Getting way off track here, but can't help but wonder - who wins this fantasy matchup, Taylor's Dad or Dake's Dad?

I had to sit with the PSU fans at Nationals and in particular right by David Taylor and his family and I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Tigsy is Taylor's dad. Suffice it to say it was an eye opening experience but I won't let a moronic group of fans ruin what I see on the mat. PSU is the top dog until someone stops them and I'm just going to keep confronting their idiotic fans every time they say something wrong and stupid. Simple as that.

Let's recap.

You think Penn State fans are horrible, and you are going to confront people on the internet because of this belief. You use David Taylor's father as an example of horrible fans.

Wow.

Twisted it a little bit but anyway I think personal experience is a pretty good thing to go on. You don't have to agree and you certainly don't have to listen to me or respond to me. That's your call. Agree or disagree with me the one thing I have going for me is I travel to the matches and I go out and see what all the hoopla is about. I enjoy watching the competition. I have one simple rule, don't comment if you haven't been there or at least seen the guys wrestle. You can see me in the photo of Taylor celebrating with his hand raised. I'm in the Iowa shirt, DT's dad is right behind me. Check it out for yourself.

Gonzo, you are painting an entire fan base with a broad brush. whether you have been sitting next to Penn State fans or not, you are still calling out an entire fan base based pon a few people. Also, who is to say they aren't just reacting to you?

Seriously, i have seen David's father interviewed, and he seems like a classy guy. Now I have read your comments. Who should someone reading this website believe, David's father or Dr. Gonzo.

Tbar-That's totally your call man. And every other persons on this message board. It's a free country. You put info out there and let people make up there own minds. It doesn't bother me one bit one way or another. As long as you go out and support the athletes and watch the matches I don't care at all what conclusions you draw. I'm not forcing you to listen or respond to me but I'm happy to engage in any wrestling conversation you want to have or relay any experience I've had. Have a good day buddy! WE ARE!!!

Tbar-In that "Iowa better get used to sucking" thread Zelph was calling the Brands brothers names. To me that's not classy. I didn't check but I assume you jumped all over him for not being classy correct? My concern here is it doesn't apply when we're talking about Iowa and only when it concerns Penn St. That doesn't seem fair to me so I just want to make sure it's the same rules for everyone straight across the board. You would concur correct? Go get him buddy!!!

Mr. Bozo get out of the REPO Business before you are seriously hurt...Iowa will always be a factor and being someone that "Pays Attention" the sport continues to grow...The PSU "Train" will not be stopped anytime soon...WE did are homework!!!

P.S. Enjoy your day!!!

We found it...Thank God and Jesus Christ you are an English Major and wrote several books... :roll: :roll: :roll:

"We did are homework"?????? It obviously wasn't English homework. You're back on the no respond list. Jesus Christ there should be an entrance exam to be able to post on this message board.

Tbar-In that "Iowa better get used to sucking" thread Zelph was calling the Brands brothers names. To me that's not classy. I didn't check but I assume you jumped all over him for not being classy correct? My concern here is it doesn't apply when we're talking about Iowa and only when it concerns Penn St. That doesn't seem fair to me so I just want to make sure it's the same rules for everyone straight across the board. You would concur correct? Go get him buddy!!!

I don't endorse name calling, regardless of whom it is from.

A lot of worry about how I refer to the lamebrains who coach Iowa.

Would you rather I call them what I hear hurled at them from the stands in the NCAA tournament?

They can coach but are a joke to watch with their antics. Charlie McCarthy's dummy brought to life, times two.

Would you rather I call them what I hear hurled at them from the stands in the NCAA tournament?

They can coach but are a joke to watch with their antics. Charlie McCarthy's dummy brought to life, times two.

And are two of the nicest people off the mat you will ever meet. They're competitors. If they weren't, one would wonder what the heck they were doing coaching.

There are some Div 1 coaches that I don't care for, but I would never call them derogatory (and untrue) names on a national wrestling forum. When you do this, it makes YOU look like the dummy.

The good part is that if you are hurling worse comments than these from the stands, it makes the Iowa fans look really nice in comparison. As most here would agree, we don't get these opportunities that often, so thank you very much!

And are two of the nicest people off the mat you will ever meet. They're competitors. If they weren't, one would wonder what the heck they were doing coaching.

I see this a LOT in the HS ranks. The loudest, most obnoxious coach "matside", are often great guys once the actions stops, and "you" get a chance to meet them and converse. I cover HS in Wa. a LOT, and this is the norm, not the exception.

Honestly one of the most ridiculously immature posts I have read, ever.

I don't care for the Brands' brothers act mat side, but you can see they want their wrestlers to succeed with a passion few can match. This sport can bring the best and worst out of people, sometimes nearly simultaneously.

A very good friend, a former college teammate of mine, is a flat out A hole mat side (we coach against each other often), but one of the most decent people you'll ever meet away from the sport.

I believe the Brands brothers generally take heat for what most perceive as breaking rules as they may apply to protesting calls and remaining in the coaches box. Personally, I am not sure what is and is not allowed but certainly what they have exhibited over the years breaks some rule!!

I believe most feel that they are getting a free pass on these rules because they are "Iowa" and think if almost any other coach were to do such things they would be reprimanded and ?or penalized!

That said.... The more I learn about them the more I admire them as coaches and good men......just wish they would calm it down a bit :o

My favorite part of going to big tournaments is watching the excited fans, the mad coaches, the wrestlers give it all and maybe show emotion. If everyone behaved perfect it would lose some fun! Now all of you PS fans, Iowa fans, Minni fans..... keep hating each other cause it makes it fun for the rest of us! Nothing worse then going to a college match and its dead quite with no emotion.