Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

askren ducked dake then called him out

looks like dake wanted to wrestle askren at grapple at the garden but askren refused the match so they booked Jenkins and now askren is trying to make it sound like dake is scared of him the funny thing is that you only call someone out when they are better than you and you want to be seen as their equal askren is not a fighter and not a wrestler he is making the sport a circus

looks like dake wanted to wrestle askren at grapple at the garden but askren refused the match so they booked Jenkins and now askren is trying to make it sound like dake is scared of him the funny thing is that you only call someone out when they are better than you and you want to be seen as their equal askren is not a fighter and not a wrestler he is making the sport a circus

I think you are missing that it is about MONEY for Askren. He now fights and occasionally wrestles for MONEY. It isn't about pride. Also, as much I like Dake he would have his hands FULL with a bigger Askren with ANY rules similar to Folkstyle. After watching Askren dismantle Herbert a while back and now do it again against Wright I think Dake would be better off staying away from Askren.

As mentioned above, Askren is out to make money. He's been out of college for a while now and undoubtedly has bills to pay. I wouldn't say he ducked Dake at all, he just wasn't getting paid to be involved. Bottom line, Ben is in the business of marketing himself as an athlete - if you're not making money in business you won't stay in it for too long.

Dake loses another fantasy matchup here, bringing is fantasy matchup record to 0-19. . . . Seriously, the only person we know Dake can't beat on a regular basis also happens to be the best wrestler in the world. You have them wrestle at anywhere between 163 or 180 and my money is on Dake.

Dake loses another fantasy matchup here, bringing is fantasy matchup record to 0-19. . . . Seriously, the only person we know Dake can't beat on a regular basis also happens to be the best wrestler in the world. You have them wrestle at anywhere between 163 or 180 and my money is on Dake.

I didn't say he would lose to Askren if they were at BOTH wrestler's ideal weight. However, a bigger Askren would be a VERY difficult match for Dake. I also think you see this as a discredit to Dake when you are ignoring just how good Askren was before he stopped wrestling AND how good he has looked when he pops back once in a while.

Dake beats Howe on a regular basis? Did I miss something?

I have not bet against Dake in one fantasy match-up yet, but against Askren??? I don't know. I think I'll take Askren until someone beats him. I've said the same thing about Dake. This would be a tough a call as you could put on the mat. I'll begrudgingly take Askren and apologize to Dake for wavering in my belief of him. Askren close.

IF you are trying to promote AGON correctly than who said what is unimportant.

Askren is trying to put people in the seats and that match with smack talk would do it.

Of course Dake loses on paper, he has never won any hypothetical matches in his life.

Askren is awesome, my favorite college wrestler of all time. But I think Dake is flat out a better wrestler, a terrible matchup for Askren and can deal with any size disadvantage, which I'm not sure would be that significant as Askren would want to be closer to his fighting weight to deal with Dake's quickness.

Some of it is for show, but Askren acts like he is the best welterweight in mma and one of the best wrestlers in the world and neither of those are true.

Askren's contract with Bellator MMA is expired, but he is currently in a period where Bellator reserves the right to match any offer he gets, and in doing so, retain him. That matching period ends in July 2014.

The UFC got burned when they tried to sign Bellator's Eddie Alvarez during a Bellator matching period, so I don't think the UFC is going to make Askren an offer until after the matching period is over. Bellator wants Askren, and they know the UFC wants Askren, so they've been trying to get the UFC to make an offer during the matching period. If the UFC makes an offer during the matching period, that gives Bellator the best chance at keeping Askren because all they'd have to do is match the offer in order to guarantee Askren's services.

So Bellator has been playing games in an attempt to get the UFC to make Askren an offer. First, Bellator said they didn't want Askren. Then, they said they'd let Askren go if the UFC gave him an immediate title shot. The UFC has wisely not bitten.

It looks like Askren wants to be in the UFC, so he'll likely remain unsigned until after July 2014. Until then, he'll be doing things like calling Dake out in order to keep his profile high. For Askren, this is about money, as it should be. Pretending that Askren should treat this like college wrestling is pretty silly.

What you write does not matter. You earned a well deserved FAIL for lack of punctuation.

Go back to school and pay attention in English class while spending less time on sports.

It looks like Askren wants to be in the UFC, so he'll likely remain unsigned until after July 2014. Until then, he'll be doing things like calling Dake out in order to keep his profile high. For Askren, this is about money, as it should be. Pretending that Askren should treat this like college wrestling is pretty silly.

All true. And by the same token, Dake is focusing now on Freestyle now. As far as I'm concerned Askren et alia are just distractions. Better for Dake to keep his eyes on the prize.

How tall is Ben and how tall is Dake? I have never seen Dake in person but I thought he looked taller and longer than Burroughs. I thought Dake looked bigger than Taylor. Dake is long and jacked.

Is Ben really that much bigger than Dake?

How tall is Ben and how tall is Dake? I have never seen Dake in person but I thought he looked taller and longer than Burroughs. I thought Dake looked bigger than Taylor. Dake is long and jacked.

Is Ben really that much bigger than Dake?

Apparently about 22lbs difference walk around.

They both wrestled 163 within the last few years. Askren isnt any considerable amount bigger than Dake.

when did askren wrestle 163 last?

based on this dake should wrestle oliver since he wrestled 149 in the last few years

They both wrestled 163 within the last few years. Askren isnt any considerable amount bigger than Dake.

when did askren wrestle 163 last?

based on this dake should wrestle oliver since he wrestled 149 in the last few years

i'd watch JO wrestle KD.

but i'd also like to watch an Askren Varner match. Just from eyeballing, Askren looks closer to Dake and Dake looks closer to Oliver than Askren does to Varner, but whatever, i'm sure they'd be entertaining matches.

while we're at it, lets get all the team USA guys in the 84 weight class in a tournament with Askren - maybe Tour ACW? pretty much if the question is ever, more wrestling? the answer is always 'yes'.