Sign in to follow this  
tech_fall

Penn State Wrestle offs

There are no wrestle-offs this year.

When do the Altons come back?

Black Shoe Diaries suggested they would not be in the lineup to start the season. I would guess the most reasonable time would be either the Scuffle or immediately after, depending on the extent to which Cael wants to expose them to the grind of a major tourney (4-6 bouts over two days),

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2013/10 ... -it-begins

There are no wrestle-offs this year.

When do the Altons come back?

Black Shoe Diaries suggested they would not be in the lineup to start the season. I would guess the most reasonable time would be either the Scuffle or immediately after, depending on the extent to which Cael wants to expose them to the grind of a major tourney (4-6 bouts over two days),

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2013/10 ... -it-begins

Thanks for the info. When the time comes, I assume James Vollrath will get his fair shot.

I don't know if the Altons will be able to start that early. Not that I have any inside info, however, I am pretty sure they haven't been able to get in the kind of work they need to overcome what has been their biggest shortcoming.

Assuming the Altons are down to weight, given the way Cael has done things in the past I would be shocked if English or Vollrath are the representatives at the Big 10 tourney, even if they beat the Altons head to head. If they go 2-0 against the Altons head to head maybe but I still doubt it. I always feel bad for guys in that situation. There is no point in having wrestle-offs, which of course Penn St. is not.

Assuming the Altons are down to weight, given the way Cael has done things in the past I would be shocked if English or Vollrath are the representatives at the Big 10 tourney, even if they beat the Altons head to head. If they go 2-0 against the Altons head to head maybe but I still doubt it. I always feel bad for guys in that situation. There is no point in having wrestle-offs, which of course Penn St. is not.

Are you suggesting that Cael would start an inferior wrestler over a superior wrestler? I honestly can't tell, but it seems to me that you are implying as much.

I'm suggesting he'll start who he feels is superior. That's his call, he gets paid a lot of money to make those calls. What I'm saying is I see no path or scenario where English or Vollrath are your representative in the post season unless the Altons don't make weight or get hurt.

**Just watched the press conference the skier with the wheaties box posted and Cael stated that going with Lawson last year was a coaches decision. That's what I'm suggesting. Given the Altons are at the proper weight and are not hurt English and Vollrath will get coaches decisioned. Cael stated his prior practice much clearer than I did above. My bad.

I'm suggesting he'll start who he feels is superior. That's his call, he gets paid a lot of money to make those calls. What I'm saying is I see no path or scenario where English or Vollrath are your representative in the post season unless the Altons don't make weight or get hurt.

I agree the odds are that the Altons will be the guys, assuming successful recovery from their surgeries. It's my opinion that the Southern Scuffle will play a part somehow too. It's a little early, but PSU will probably take English and Vollrath as part of their contingent.

I don't know if the Altons will be able to start that early. Not that I have any inside info, however, I am pretty sure they haven't been able to get in the kind of work they need to overcome what has been their biggest shortcoming.

If you're implying they're not getting cardio, you are wrong. I have seen them both running in town during and since the summer. If that's not what you were implying, then carry on.

**Just watched the press conference the skier with the wheaties box posted and Cael stated that going with Lawson last year was a coaches decision. That's what I'm suggesting. Given the Altons are at the proper weight and are not hurt English and Vollrath will get coaches decisioned. Cael stated his prior practice much clearer than I did above. My bad.

thanks.