Sign in to follow this  
OCGrappler

Dake has huge stones

He's already smoked Taylor head to head and is on pace to have one of the 3 best (if not THE best) college careers of all time. There is no good reason for him to take this match, especially up a weight. But that's why he's Kyle Dake. Big props. Imagine Cael taking on Rowlands or Mocco. It would never happen. Dake is the man.

Yes, because Dake not dehydrating himself and/or dropping his weight down till later in the season and thus giving up probably five lbs. at match time is exactly the same as Cael giving up 60-70 lbs. to face Mocco. And btw, Cael may have won. Cormier beat Mocco in freestyle.

But clearly anyone would have to agree about Dake deserving huge props for taking this challenge, when he already has bragging rights. Gotta love his attitude (though not enough to make me root for him to beat DT)!

He's already smoked Taylor head to head and is on pace to have one of the 3 best (if not THE best) college careers of all time. There is no good reason for him to take this match, especially up a weight. But that's why he's Kyle Dake. Big props. Imagine Cael taking on Rowlands or Mocco. It would never happen. Dake is the man.

"The BEST" ... ?????

Evidently you haven't been around D1 wrestling for very long.

No question, Dake smoked DT over the summer.. . . at 163 . . . To suggest that this is like Cael going up to Heavywght., and wrestling a man who outweighs him by 50-60-70 lbs.? Well, you can be forgiven for hyperbole, I guess.

Tigs-You're just too dense to understand I care nothing about Dake? The issue is and always has been your inability to acknowledge your boy got throttled. Dake has nothing to do with my problem with you. As I've said now six hundred times I have no dog in this fight. I'll predict Dake to win a low scoring affair but I could care less either way. The problem here is YOU, it has nothing to do with Kyle Dake. I can't explain it any better than that and I won't again. This is your last chance to "get it" or your free to run your mouth at will, I could care less.

I just want to reitterate how silly it was for the OP to suggest that Dake moving up from 157 to 165 is the same as a 197lber moving up to wrestle at HWT.

Wow. Silly actually doesn't cover it, absurd does much better.

And I totally understand hyperbole...I just don't think that is what this was.

All props to all involved for making this happen, especially Dake since he is the one with the most to lose and least to gain...but leave it at that. He isnt jumping 50 lbs...he is going up 8 lbs...and that is only in theory given their projected weight classes for the season...in practice he will weight just as much as Taylor on the day...sooooo

When it's all said and done, no matter who loses, people will be making excuses and using the "it didn't count" factor. Or my favorite one ala Metcalf/Caldwell is that the loser didn't wrestle hard because it didn't count...the pre-match excuses (i.e. giving up weight...that' a laugher by the way) before the match happens is ridiculous.

Isn't Taylor the one with huge stones, given he's the one who got "smoked"?

Does it really take huge stones to take on people you've already "smoked"?

What I don't get is after this match "there can be NO excuses" but they were widely accepted after Dake decked Taylor. Why can't we have "NO excuses" PERIOD!? Just a thought.

------

With the All-Star meet, there will always be excuses. When Metcalf won by TF over Caldwell in the 2008 All Star meet, it was something to be ignored according to the Metcalf haters.

I fully expect excuses and "it doesn't count" to be posted this time around.

And in Flying Tiger's case, he has set the bar sufficiently low, so he can claim a pseudo-victory if Taylor loses, but doesn't get pinned or majored.

Cletus-You ever heard of a rematch clause in boxing? That's not put in there for the winners.

Sure it is, it's put in for the promoters, (the real winners). Isn't Pacquiao looking for a 4th fight against Marquez? And who won their 3rd fight, the announced winner or the guy who out boxed the other guy for the better part of 12 rounds? I say the guy promoting the fight was the winner.

Personally, I love how defensive PA fans are over Taylor considering he's an Ohio guy. Of course, Dake's Dad was a state champ (I think the only state champ ever) from Westlake High School on the west side of Cleveland. Basically, Dake v Taylor is an Ohio thing. The rest of you stay out.

Personally, I love how defensive PA fans are over Taylor considering he's an Ohio guy. Of course, Dake's Dad was a state champ (I think the only state champ ever) from Westlake High School on the west side of Cleveland. Basically, Dake v Taylor is an Ohio thing. The rest of you stay out.
+1

They'd have never invented Ohio if not for the settlers in NY.

So there's that.

Ancient history.

Currently....

Three CURRENT Big 10 head wrestling coaches attended 3 different high schools within 14 minutes of Westlake.

No coincidence.;)