Sign in to follow this  
Holden C.

P4P Rankings

I am sure Flo's rankings as well as the other reputable outlets will have plenty of changes after this past weekend. I am only going to address Flo P4P right now.

#1Chance wins in dominant fashion & must stay here. He has beaten the #1 182 and IMO could win vs. #1 195

2. Snyder is at the OTC, BUT TO BE #1 P4P you should be able to win your wt. class and at least 1 above. Would Snyder beat Nevills?

3. Pico also at OTC. Could he bump up

and beat Chisko?

4. Nickal is not even #1 at his weight. He should drop.

5. Brill did not wrestle. Could he bump up and beat Hall. I say yes since Hall just lost to the #11 at Brill's weight.

6. Nevills. Did not wrestle (Football). If Snyder can beat him he must drop. If you can't beat the guy the weight below you how can you be top P4P. If NN can beat Kyle then KS should drop.

7. Chisko. DNW Can he bump up and beat Brill? If so he should move way up. I have Brill winning a weight up, so if Chisko can beat him he gets mad props. Of course we are not even sure if he can beat the guy the weight below him. Some might believe Pico can beat Chisko, Chisko, can beat Brill, Brill can beat Hall. That makes Pico a 4 wt. class P4P best. But I do not beleive Chisko (or Pico) could beat Brill.

8. Haines. DNW

# 2 at his weight and it is already proven he can not beat the guy the weight below him. Stop it already. He is not even the #2 at this weight.

9. Cortez-DID NOT WRESTLE. But..... White who finished 3rd behind Cortez in State after losing twice to Northrup in not close matches and Northrup losing to Cortez in a non competitive match did wrestle. He defeated the #1 ranked wrestler at the weight above Cortez which leads me to believe Cortez is more than capable of being #1 at that weight. He needs to move up.

I'd be willing to bet that some of the kids that Snyder demolished on his way to a world gold are as good as Nevills.

In my humble opinion, and yes, I am a Buckeye fan, Snyder should be pound for pound #1 because he won a world gold medal. In addition, he beat NCAA R12 guy Nathan Burak at junior nationals handily.

Chance is a phenom, for sure, but I take Snyder all day every day.

Yes, but chance went to worlds last year and the only thing that stopped him was injury. Add that to everything else chance has done, and everyone else he has beaten, including now an olympian, and you can see why i have them both at co number 1.

Yes, but chance went to worlds last year and the only thing that stopped him was injury. Add that to everything else chance has done, and everyone else he has beaten, including now an olympian, and you can see why i have them both at co number 1.

You can't just simply say that the "only thing" stopping Chance from winning the worlds was his injury. How about the other wrestlers? Chance was losing in the semi finals before the injury, there was no guarantee he would have won that match, or any other match. It's possible he could have won, but it's also possible that he could have lost. He was down a period at the time of his injury.

And of course Chance got injured at Cadet Worlds, Snyder won Junior worlds. Two different levels of competition.

i have no problem with anyone ranking Snyder first. The kid is incredible. I have no problem if they rank Chance first either, as he too is incredible.

I'd rather celebrate both than dump on one or the other. Not saying you are doing that. Just saying.

You can't just simply say that the "only thing" stopping Chance from winning the worlds was his injury. How about the other wrestlers? Chance was losing in the semi finals before the injury, there was no guarantee he would have won that match, or any other match. It's possible he could have won, but it's also possible that he could have lost. He was down a period at the time of his injury.

And of course Chance got injured at Cadet Worlds, Snyder won Junior worlds. Two different levels of competition.

Actually, Chance was not losing when he got injured. He finished a TD right as the period ended, but it didn't count and they went to the ball grab. Chance lost the ball grab & was defending his opponents attempt at a score when he injured his elbow. Not that it matters. Snyder is certainly worthy of being # 1, but Chance wasn't losing when he got hurt.

Actually, Chance was not losing when he got injured. He finished a TD right as the period ended, but it didn't count and they went to the ball grab. Chance lost the ball grab & was defending his opponents attempt at a score when he injured his elbow. Not that it matters. Snyder is certainly worthy of being # 1, but Chance wasn't losing when he got hurt.

He didn't finish the takedown, and that's why they went to the ball grab in the first place. Why say he finished a takedown when it didn't count? Yes, his opponent hit him with a gut wrench and he landed awkwardly on his elbow. The points were already scored. It's not as though if his elbow would have held up he could have still won the period. That was not the case.

The video is even online. Once his hand hits, the points are awarded.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/24 ... Semi-FInal

He didn't finish the takedown, and that's why they went to the ball grab in the first place. Why say he finished a takedown when it didn't count? Yes, his opponent hit him with a gut wrench and he landed awkwardly on his elbow. The points were already scored. It's not as though if his elbow would have held up he could have still won the period. That was not the case.

Burroughs has lost first periods, and remains unbeaten. Believe Cejudo lost every first period to the finals when he won gold. Don't believe Chance losing a first period of a match he could not complete can be viewed as a negative. I'm not advocating for either, but fwiw Chance has never lost to another high school athlete, while Snyder has(Cox). To me, they are both unbelievably talented and should be co number 1.

Burroughs has lost first periods, and remains unbeaten. Believe Cejudo lost every first period to the finals when he won gold. Don't believe Chance losing a first period of a match he could not complete can be viewed as a negative. I'm not advocating for either, but fwiw Chance has never lost to another high school athlete, while Snyder has(Cox). To me, they are both unbelievably talented and should be co number 1.

If this was directed at me, I never said that Chance would go on to lose the match, only that it was a possibility.

If this was directed at me, I never said that Chance would go on to lose the match, only that it was a possibility.

Your right. Nobody knows if he would have won or lost. But when comparing the two, I just don't think his inj def out of worlds should be a factor. Sorry if I made an assumption about your statement that was incorrect.

I believe Snyder also lost to Tanner Hall. Has Chance ever lost to another h.s. wrestler? He must have shown up sick somewhere at some point. Nobody is perfect.

Still, Chance is just such a total BEAST. He destroys great h.s. wrestlers like its easy.

Who are the college wrestlers Marsteller lost to? When did this happen? This is a big reason why the Kolat comparisons just don't make sense to me. I remember hearing or seeing the names of the guys he lost to, and I don't believe that they were elite wrestlers.

I believe Snyder also lost to Tanner Hall. Has Chance ever lost to another h.s. wrestler? He must have shown up sick somewhere at some point. Nobody is perfect.

Still, Chance is just such a total BEAST. He destroys great h.s. wrestlers like its easy.

Well maybe Chance is perfect if you are implying that the only way he could lose is if he's sick!

Who are the college wrestlers Marsteller lost to? When did this happen? This is a big reason why the Kolat comparisons just don't make sense to me. I remember hearing or seeing the names of the guys he lost to, and I don't believe that they were elite wrestlers.

Seems we have to keep repeating this-

Kolat wrestled college kids while he was in HS. Chance wrestled them in grade school (7th I think)

I'm not implying anything. I just seem to recal he got sick once and lost somewhere along the line, and jrod pointed it out.

Chance doesn't need me or anyone else to beat the drum. He has basically destroyed state champions left and right all along the way. Top guys and he beats them with ease. That's domination.

Guys like Pico and Kyle Snyder have pretty much done the same thing. They make wrestling enjoyable.

I heard that when he hurt his arm at Worlds, he tore it off and tried to finish the match with one arm, but they wouldn't let him. He then tried to fly around the planet in reverse direction, spinning the Earth backwards and turning back time, but his coach talked him out of it.

I'm not implying anything. I just seemed to recall that Chance was once pretty sick for a tournament and lost, but I couldn't recall who he lost to. jrod says he lost to a pair of college wrestlers while having pneumonia. I don't imply anything, just stating what the record is.

Regardless, all these guys are great. Snyder, Pico or Chance. They totally dominate state champions and haghly ranked national high schoolers, and for that they are really fun to watch. Being from PA, I have seen Chance dominate a lot of talented guys. He's a beast.

He lost to an Iowa backup, Patrick Rhodes, and a national qualifier from Penn Steve Robertson. Close matches with ball grabs deciding multiple periods, I believe. Take his sickness at the time however you want.