Sign in to follow this  
fp

Cael won't release Bubba to a Big Ten or Big 12...

Cael is doing the wrong thing in this situation. Penn State should let Jenkins go to a school of his choice for his senior year if they don't want him. I really don't think one weight is going to break the fortunes of Penn State next year.

I think you guys are wrong on this one. None of us have enough information to know what went behind Cael's decision. I am going to give Cael the benefit of the doubt here until more information is available, if it is ever available.

Too often coaches get criticized way prematurely.

This isn't a surprise as Cael planned on doing this all along IMO. The aggravation I have is this conflicts with what he said when the initial announcement took place. It seems apparent Cael had no intention of sitting down with Bubba and discussing Bubba's best interests.

"We decided we weren't going to release him to a Big Ten or Big 12 team," Sanderson said. "That was what we decided as a staff."

This is an example of not accepting responsibility. Sanderson is evading responsibilty for the decision by saying it was what was "decided as a staff." Is "staff" going to be held accountable for team performance?

I should acknowledge I'm from Iowa, not Iowa State, and I was sorry to see Cael voluntarily leave Iowa State. It just felt like disloyalty, but that's a different can of worms.

Isn't this reasonably common? For sure to not release to a conference opponent.

Completely uncommon in any other college sport. Football and Basketball do it all the time. Senseless on Penn State's (Cael's) part, if they don't release him they have to eat the scholly money, just as VA Tech did. How do you tell a kid "we don't want you, but we don't want anyone else to have you"? Cael must brush his teeth with his eyes closed, for fear of what he'll see in the mirror.

I had no problem with Cael leavin ISU for PSU, but this is childish. Bubba is the student athlete, let him make the choice for his future. If you don't want someone to wrestle somewhere else, keep him on your team. Why not only agree to send him to Division 2?

This is pathetic.

The PSU "Train" will not only produce black smoke (Power) it will own Iowa and Iowa State...Cael does recruit well and if you followed PSU wrestling you will see he can coach...Check out how many redshirts that would AA this year...How many next year...Pay attention!!!

The PSU "Train" will not only produce black smoke (Power) it will own Iowa and Iowa State...Cael does recruit well and if you followed PSU wrestling you will see he can coach...Check out how many redshirts that would AA this year...How many next year...Pay attention!!!

That post doesn't even make sense!?!?!? :?

I want to thank CTMopar and Closer 617 for doing everything they can to take over the d-bag label from Iowa fans. You guys are making Willy look like a fair and balanced poster. Bravo.

I agree with the majority of posters... it makes Cael look bad, especially after ISU releases Cyler to PSU, severely hurting ISU's chances at a crown. Some years back, Iowa released Mocco to Okla St, the top team at the time.

I used to be a Cael fan when he was at ISU, but this act makes him look hypocritical. And not even willing to say "it was my decision." Boooooooo!

I want to thank CTMopar and Closer 617 for doing everything they can to take over the d-bag label from Iowa fans. You guys are making Willy look like a fair and balanced poster. Bravo.

If you are putting me on the same page as Willy I'm impressed!!!

I agree with most posters here.

I think it's fairly typical for schools/coaches to not want to release a wrestler to another school in their own conference. However, I see no reason to limit him from any school outside of the Big 10. Cael must think Penn State has a shot at the NCAAs next year and doesn't want Bubba to help Minn/IA St/Iowa/Ok St to benefit from Bubba.

Keep him from the Big 10, but not from the Big 12 or anywhere else.