Sign in to follow this  
fp

Cael won't release Bubba to a Big Ten or Big 12...

Not even Bobby has a lot of good things to say about Cael. I kinda get the feeling that Cael is not the most personal guy in the world.

Very interesting video.

I've always felt there was something a little "off" about Cael. I once posted on TheMat forums addressing that fact and people jumped all over me. I wish I still had the post.

Anyways, interesting that my suspicions were at least somewhat correct.

I took my team to PSU this past summer for camp. Honestly, I thought Cael could have cared less about the camp and that he had the personality of a shoe. I've been to a bunch of camps and clinics in my days and can honestly say I was very underwhelmed. IMO what makes a great coach is their personality not what they did on the mat.

Perhaps they felt that if he goes to a big time program in the Big Ten or Big 12 it might be to spite PSU and that he might focus on wrestling and academics gets lost in the process = not getting a degree. This move seems like it could force him to get his degree THEN wrestle were ever he wants. Or transfer before getting his degree at PSU to an ACC or other Eastern School where his mother can have more contact to make sure stays on task!! Just an opinion!

I'm of the opinion this was a tough decision for Cael to make, knowing how contradictory these actions appear and how it could iinfluence future recruits, and for him to go this route has to have more behind it!

Perhaps they felt that if he goes to a big time program in the Big Ten or Big 12 it might be to spite PSU and that he might focus on wrestling and academics gets lost in the process = not getting a degree. This move seems like it could force him to get his degree THEN wrestle were ever he wants. Or transfer before getting his degree at PSU to an ACC or other Eastern School where his mother can have more contact to make sure stays on task!! Just an opinion!

I'm of the opinion this was a tough decision for Cael to make, knowing how contradictory these actions appear and how it could iinfluence future recruits, and for him to go this route has to have more behind it!

That's a noble way of putting it, but I would bet my car that this isn't the reality of it.

As an ISU fan I watch with interest once Cael was named Coach. Over the years it became clear to me that Cael was all about Cael. I don't know if that is a trait of highly successful people, but it seems to me that that would make sense. I've felt Cody has had an influence as well as Steve the dad. But I have to agree that with everything that was done for him by others, it sure would be a nobler thing for him to just give Bubba a release.

The PSU "Train" will not only produce black smoke (Power) it will own Iowa and Iowa State...Cael does recruit well and if you followed PSU wrestling you will see he can coach...Check out how many redshirts that would AA this year...How many next year...Pay attention!!!

Right now the PSU train cannot even manage it's own passengers. With the money they pay the coach to be there, I would think that he would have the very first basic responsibilty or the skills to be able to keep this great wrestler interested in staying.

It does not take great management skills to fire people..The question any boss asks his manager before they fire someone is " What did you do personnally yourself to improve this person?" Now they are trying to manipulate where HE goes to wrestle in the best interests of PSU. Cael cannot duplicate the great gift that he and his brother were given by ISU. A true sign of honor is doing the right thing even if you don't have to, or it partially hurst yourself in the best interest of another to have the best possible chance for success. Part of the coach's job along with that big paycheck is to make a sitution with Bubba a personal challenge to work things out with him. that would be a earned Gold medal for his job at PSU. His failure in this sutuation raises a real question as to where his coaching and leadership levels really are. I wonder if the Big wigs at PSU are starting to second guess this whole hiring right now?

I think you need to ask Bubba Jenkins that question...Cael can manage the passengers this is one that was brought along...This was supposed to be a down year and I think they are in the top ten...Next year you will learn what is actually going on at PSU!!!

P.S. Come to work and do what you are supposed to do...That will get you a paycheck and maybe some honor!!!

I don't think "baby sitting" came in his job discription. He has made it clear from the start that it was his way or the highway. given what has transpired over the the past few years since Lorenzo left the program, too much leeway was given "star" athletes which in the end cost the program. I think the topic prior to his releasing Bubba was how long it would be till he did based on Bubba's actions. Now that he has Cael's a bad a$$.

Bubba has a world of talent & I wish him the best, but if you ask him, I think he will acknowlege it ultimately was his doing!! The proof is how straight forward he has been by not condeming and making Cael to be the villan!!

We have lost too many gifted athlete's because they thought they were above the "team" and I for one think the more aware athlete's realize that they have to conform to stay here the better off the program will be in the future!!

Actually, Iowa State blocked every wrestler from going with Cael except Cyler. Jake Varner would be at Penn State right now if they let him. I am sure if Bubba was Jackson's brother (no pun intended :) ) Cael would just let him go there.

It doesn't really matter since he had a reshirt to burn, but didn't David Taylor get a release from his NLI?

Also, I really doubt Varner would have gone even if they had let him. He could be a champ with me coaching him, he doesn't need Cael.

Actually, Iowa State blocked every wrestler from going with Cael except Cyler. Jake Varner would be at Penn State right now if they let him. I am sure if Bubba was Jackson's brother (no pun intended :) ) Cael would just let him go there.

There are video's somewhere of Varner and Z saying they both felt they were too far along academically to transfer.

Perhaps the answer to why Cael did what he did was in the 1st post....... Bubba's mother would like him close to home!!! And who know's better what is best for her son??? Cael may simply be giving an "assist" in this situation. I honestly do not believe Cael to be "Spates" in Blue and White clothing.;)

:lol:

It doesn't really matter since he had a reshirt to burn, but didn't David Taylor get a release from his NLI?

Also, I really doubt Varner would have gone even if they had let him. He could be a champ with me coaching him, he doesn't need Cael.

Varner did not have a redshirt to burn and if given the opportunity, would of seriously considered following Cael. Nevertheless, according to you, he would not of went, so "it doesn't really matter" Well Jenkins was not considering Iowa State so you contradict your own argument because "it really doesn't matter."

Debating with you Iowa Trolls is very amusing. Basically all I have to do is let you guys talk enough and you destroy your own argument. :lol:

:lol:
Actually' date=' Iowa State blocked every wrestler from going with Cael except Cyler. Jake Varner would be at Penn State right now if they let him. I am sure if Bubba was Jackson's brother (no pun intended :) ) Cael would just let him go there.[/quote']

Varner did not have a redshirt to burn and if given the opportunity, would of seriously considered following Cael. Nevertheless, according to you, he would not of went, so "it doesn't really matter" Well Jenkins was not considering Iowa State so you contradict your own argument because "it really doesn't matter."

Debating with you Iowa Trolls is very amusing. Basically all I have to do is let you guys talk enough and you destroy your own argument. :lol:

I wasn't really arguing. I never even mentioned Bubba.

I only said it doesn't matter about David Taylor. I'm sure he would have redshirted wherever he went.

I really couldn't care less about Bubba or if Cael released him or not, so to me it doesn't matter at all.

I've always been a huge PSU fan and a fan of Cael but this is a very weak move. Totally uncalled for and hypocritical of Cael to get the release of Taylor + his brother but then spit in Bubba's face. What goes around comes around and I'm sure Cael will need something down the line and he'll get shut down.

I'm not saying Cael is right or wrong here. You guys love to spew fire without having any REAL information on the topic. None of us have any idea why this decision was made. I remember just a few months ago the same vitriol aimed at Bubba for being so irresponsible. It's easy to say how classless someone else is; especially, when you don't have many facts. What does that say about how classy we are when we make these statements? Could we go back to talking about wrestling topics that aren't just about kicking, screaming, and crying about how pathetic someone else is. However, if you'd like to criticize yourselves all night long just as you do these wrestlers and coaches that you don't know at all, I'd love to hear that.

That's one of the most sensible posts I’ve seen on these boards recently. Good advice, Mr. mrg146.

It is pretty clear what he is doing with saying he will not allow Bubba to go to a Big Ten or Big Twelve team. That in itself is controlling and wrong, let the wrestler decide. Sanderson could of at the very least given an exception to the team who helped him and his family out so much. If Bubba is no longer on scholarship, he should be allowed to go wherever he wishes to go, period. It is ridicuous to hear some of you people try to dream up and use as an excuse a "Possible" hidden reason.

A ridiculous reason? Saying it is wrong to not allow a wrestler to go to a big 10 or big 12 school after you have taken away his scholarship and kicked him off the team. This is an immature act, period. It is a hurtful and a wrong act. I am shocked what Cael is giving back to Iowa STate after all the good they did for him and his family. There is no justifiable reason to say, yes, Bubba can go somewhere, just not to a Big 10 or Big 12 team. Someone should maybe treat Cael the same way. Do you think he would like his choices limited and someone with authority controlling and limiting him out of selfish/selfcentered motives?

What's really ridiculous is Iowa fans such as yourself that look for any excuse to rip on Sanderson for the petty reason that he steals some of Brands' limelight.

Everytime you post something like this, you are adding to Brands' limelight, just so you know.

No one else brought up Brands' name, just you.

I'm not saying Cael is right or wrong here. You guys love to spew fire without having any REAL information on the topic. None of us have any idea why this decision was made. I remember just a few months ago the same vitriol aimed at Bubba for being so irresponsible. It's easy to say how classless someone else is; especially, when you don't have many facts. What does that say about how classy we are when we make these statements? Could we go back to talking about wrestling topics that aren't just about kicking, screaming, and crying about how pathetic someone else is. However, if you'd like to criticize yourselves all night long just as you do these wrestlers and coaches that you don't know at all, I'd love to hear that.

That's one of the most sensible posts I’ve seen on these boards recently. Good advice, Mr. mrg146.

I'll second that.

And that should apply to all wrestlers/coaches and teams, not just the ones we want to win.

Did either of these teams kick the wrestler off their team and cancel the wrestlers scholarship? This makes it much worse, to then follow this by not giving a release to select conferences and places. It also makes it worse after what Iowa State did for Sanderson and his family. I am not in favour of the other situations either, but I think it is clear that what Sanderson is doing is much, much worse

Funny how I didn't see the same outrage for Spates not releasing Kemerer or Jackson not releasing Clark. You guys are full of it, plain and simple.

Did either of these teams kick the wrestler off their team and cancel the wrestlers scholarship? This makes it much worse to then follow this up by not giving a release to select conferences and places. It also makes it worse after what Iowa State did for Sanderson and his family, to not return any reward. I am not in favour of the other situations either, but I think it is clear that what Sanderson is doing is much worse.