Sign in to follow this  
DF

Why isn't Taymazov usually mentioned among the best ever?

He has won 3 olympic golds and 1 olympic silver.

That's better than Fadzaev, Beloglazov, Saitiev, in fact it's better than any other freestyle wrestler in history who are routinely included in the best ever category.

There's only one other wrestler to equal Taymazov's achievement, a certain greco wrestler who you may have heard of: Karelin.

But when there are threads about the best ever/legends of wrestling, Taymazov is often not included except sometimes maybe briefly.

He has won 3 olympic golds and 1 olympic silver.

That's better than Fadzaev, Beloglazov, Saitiev, in fact it's better than any other freestyle wrestler in history who are routinely included in the best ever category.

There's only one other wrestler to equal Taymazov's achievement, a certain greco wrestler who you may have heard of: Karelin.

But when there are threads about the best ever/legends of wrestling, Taymazov is often not included except sometimes maybe briefly"

You are right. And also he should of been 4 times Olympic champ if they did not tell him to drop the match due to b.$ citizenship change.

I think he is one of the best ever. However, unlike Saitiev, Fadzaev, etc, he was more inconsistent in between Olympic years. I've heard the rumor that Taymazov lost to Mussulbes on purpose before, but I'm not sure if I buy it. The match looked real to me. The next year's worlds, on the other hand, has a very odd finish- if I remember correctly Taymazov was winning and Mussulbes scored a go behind at the buzzer. BTW I hope he goes for a 4th Olympic gold. He's not that old, and has shown that he can do well even after layoffs. Go for it Artur!

1) It's heavyweight. Arguably, the easiest division to be successful in. And this is coming from me who is a huge heavyweight fan.

2) Too many Silver medals.

3) Rumours of him being roided up. Not saying it is factual, but it affects cred.

As for him throwing the 3 matches to Mussulbes, whether true or not, that is his problem.